It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forcefield Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
www.shoutwire.com...

Anyone have any theories about how it works?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm not 100% positive but is the "Trophy System" you're talking about?

If so, here's a link...

www.defense-update.com...

Edit: Nevermind, I don't think it is.

[edit on 10-4-2006 by firebat]

Edit2: Neverfmind, It IS the Trophy System!

[edit on 11-4-2006 by firebat]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
How will it work against bombs?

My friend and I were discussing this and brought up a funny point: it'll disable the explosives, but a 500 LB bomb is still 500 LB's...and so we both laughed and said "poor gunner"

Not a laughing matter but y'know.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
A magnetic field breaking down particals, in a concentrated magnetic field that is formed as a bubble protecting an object. The magnetic field could be strong enough to keep the particles held in place to trigger the head of a missile..? Far-fetched

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I was thinking more like...how does it break down the explosives and etc.?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci
I was thinking more like...how does it break down the explosives and etc.?

It breaks down the explosives? Does this result in a smaller explosion?
I don't think it disables the explosives, or there wouldn't be an explosion in the first place.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
why would it have to socalled "breakdown" explosives?

Of all the socalled forcefield theories very few would require chemical transmution which is essentially what you are suggesting. Speaking of which those few theories are of the more crackpot if not outright hallucinogen inspired forcefield theories the internet spawns.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by astral_ice
why would it have to socalled "breakdown" explosives?

Of all the socalled forcefield theories very few would require chemical transmution which is essentially what you are suggesting. Speaking of which those few theories are of the more crackpot if not outright hallucinogen inspired forcefield theories the internet spawns.

Well I can't think of anything better
I guess what your saying it's a famous theory thats down right pathetic. They mentioned it's something like science-fiction.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Many "explosives" don't work with a disabled detonator - most detonators have an electrical element (not all). The video graphic shows a "bubble" yet it says it detects and targets/tracks and then destroys when in range - perhaps the bubble represents just the detection sensor function only and gives the impression of "magic"... I'm thinkin' focused microwave or MASER or maybe X-Rays ahead of magnetics. All will cook electronics (detonators) and thin metals. I may be wrong but would mag lines (even those in sheer) produce the results shown? Quite the crowd control potential if it isn't magnetics - the BBQ gun - coming to a demonstration in your city. Still, anything of any size hitting the vehicle will ruin your day and your hearing. If they show a video of one taking out a 20Lb artillery shell with no explosion with a mechanical detonator then I'll buy in. Very cool physics - too bad it's used for purposes unpleasant.
Hey was this how they got rid of Arafat? Beamed him?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
bah, I just used "breakdown" because I couldn't think of a better word, thus the ""'s.

But it has to have something shoot out obviously, since it targets incoming things rather than having a "supressive fire" so-to-speak.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
its surprisingly simple. it shoots no projectile. The concept of this system is very basic and will only work against RPG's and other shoulder launched unguided lightweight heat round. it doesnt and cant work against anti-tank missiles such as Kornet,metis-m,toophan,dragon,TOW etc...

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Then the Trophy system of the article I posted earlier can't be the same Trophy system that the video talks about....

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Trophy is not a true force field, just a sophisticated detection and countermeasure defense system.

It is ineffective against land mines and also cannot be used on naval vessels to defend against advanced torpedoes.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I think it cooks electrical systems too.. But darn, it has to hit with a massive EMP of some kind.

What I find weird is that it says it disables the explosives, and you clearly see that something explodes. But isnt the explosions too small? And on top of that, the missiles doesnt seem to change speed. Its weird. Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
What I find weird is that it says it disables the explosives, and you clearly see that something explodes. But isnt the explosions too small? And on top of that, the missiles doesnt seem to change speed. Its weird. Any thoughts?

Well actually you see an explosion, the missle continues on its path but it's much slowed down and it's wavering(fake word?) all over the place.

The question is, I guess, how does it disable the explosive the way it does?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
its surprisingly simple. it shoots no projectile. The concept of this system is very basic and will only work against RPG's and other shoulder launched unguided lightweight heat round. it doesnt and cant work against anti-tank missiles such as Kornet,metis-m,toophan,dragon,TOW etc...

Hmm

the countermeasure device is positioned in the direction where it can effectively intercept the threat. Then, it is launched automatically into a ballistic trajectory to intercept the incoming threat at a relatively long distance.

It is also designed to interecpet all anti-tank missiles and has been tested against ATGM's. I suggest you do a little more reading.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Hmm

the countermeasure device is positioned in the direction where it can effectively intercept the threat. Then, it is launched automatically into a ballistic trajectory to intercept the incoming threat at a relatively long distance.

It is also designed to interecpet all anti-tank missiles and has been tested against ATGM's. I suggest you do a little more reading.

actually the trophy system is different to this system. The trophey fires out a projectile while this one doesn't.

Also about intercepting missiles. It cannot intercept SACLOS guided munitions. The only guided missile this has intercepted was the AT-3 Sagger which is a joystick controled missile. If you read about the war between israel and egypt/syria you would know that most missiles missed there targets and infact israeli tanks had wires(fibre optic) wrapped around there turrets and guns when the missiles missed and flew over this is becuase the missile is joystick controled so it needs a high flight path so it doesnt crash into the ground. This is why they are so easy to intercept also they have a flight time of 26 seconds to travel 3km that is a very slow time also combined with the missiles has a thin skin casing which allows projectile to easily destroy the missile. Also if you read about the israeli egypt/syrian war you would realise that these at-3 missiles can be shot down manually by machine gunners.

Most modern missiles That fly by SACLOS guidence have a lower flight path compared to the AT-3 and the casing is much tougher like for example the tow missile which has a very strong casing. and in the case of kornet it verys fast flying speed and fligh low/medium path profile.

infact if you go into your link that you posted it confirms what im saying just put your mouse over the image of the missile exploding pictures and even there it will tell you that it has intercepted the at-3.
Also note how high that missile is flying if it was a modern SACLOS missile it would be altleast half the hight.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
When a conductor passes through a magnetic field it gives rise to a current. This is the theory of magnetic induction and it’s how electric motors and generations work.

If an EM field of sufficient strength could be generated, it would induce a current in whatever metal parts are in the RPG/ missile and might cause malfunction / early detonation.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
What I find weird is that it says it disables the explosives, and you clearly see that something explodes.

I think by "disabling" they just mean they make the projectile's warhead explode before it hits the tank.

It probably shoots projectiles at the incoming projectile... if you see in the video, the first time it shows a missile being stopped, you can sort of see some projectiles travelling in the opposite direction as the incoming projectile. Not sure...

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Taishyou]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
did you even watch the video vinci? lol they sorta explained most the things you asked. hahaha.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join