It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am at a loss here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What is this websites position on Serpo ?.

Has it been swept under the carpet as if it has never existed ?

Are we no longer allowed to post about it on here ?

Or is it just going through an OMERTA stage.

I really would like to know.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Interesting and valid questions.

But I have a few of my own too in general about the topic of conspriacy that are related to Serpo: if a story cannot be 100% proven true or false does that mean it has no merit? If someone tells you a story and it is not 100% true then does that mean it is false? If someone tells you a story via analogy eg. like philosophers do, does that mean it has no value since it is not 100% true? If somebody squeals against the system but demands privacy to save their very life in order to get the truth out, do you think it wise to fixate on that persons identity in order to verify the veracity of the story?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well personally I dont believe in Serpo but I defend its right to have a total public audience.

Bill Ryan has about as much merit as people who come on here and profess to be in contact with 218 races from other galaxies and other such garbage.

They are all nonsensical but if one has been declared as not suitable for this forum then so should a lot of others.

Just my ten cents worth.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Why and by whom was my last post on this topic censored.

I find this outrageous and incredible.

Deny Ignorance indeed !!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
is the NON position we have on the matter. We cleaned up the repitive threads and left the one main thread.

We will not provide a huge audience to something so utterly rife with drama and nothing else.

It's not even credible as science fiction if you actually look at the what's been presented.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Carnival Circuit

I think Serpo's biggest problem is its lack of coherent substance.

It's sort of like the infamous short feature Bambi Meets Godzilla: long on packaging, short on product.

See: Where's the beef?

Much ado about nothing.

At least Prophet Yahweh made balloons appear on command.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I do believe personally that Serpo was somewhat of a "sham" but I also believe that the action that was taken to deal with Serpo was one of personal conclusion rather than a reasonable decision.

Its amazing how an obvious hoax like Serpo comes up,and finally ATS takes action upon dealing with this topic,yet sites such as "the draconians are coming" are left untouched,and un-challanged,yet clearly lacking
authenticity.Look at these sites:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your prepared to take action on Serpo yet you leave sites like this untouched and unchallanged?Your also prepared to chase a guest,author of Serpo,away yet somebody of the likes of david icki is still welcomed and his claims have no difference of foundation to them than Serpo.org

Since when did ATS become a breeding ground for personal member predictions?

Why arent these threads moved to BTS personal predictions?

I have great respect for ATS because here i can have serious discussion about the topics im most interested in with serious minded people.But then a thread such as the ones above appears,and their left to spread their clearly false imaginative claims around ATS.They pollute this forum with assumed information and wayward claims.

Why isnt action taken with these threads?This is a forum held to discuss and debate the existence of E.T`s,UFO`s and accounts,not personal member prediction,we already have a forum for that right here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I am not lashing out at the fact that Serpo was taken off ATS,im lashing out at the reason.

If you really took off Serpo for the good of this forum,then take action on these other threads,because i see no reason not to.

[edit on 8-4-2006 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
and we have reasons for removing redundant threads that do nothing but abuse our traffic to garner fame for something that is not worth us providing fame on OUR BACKS.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Not everyone who had their threads trashed were trying to "Garner Fame" from ATS.

Two of my threads went to the "Heap" , but I understand. Just wanted to clarify that some people lost threads , despite good intentions.

l_s

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
southern Guardian you are quite right with your observations and especially your references to the David Icke Forum.

Personally I put no credence at all on the Serpo Soap Opera and Icke is even further down the food chain than that.

So like you, I am left bewildered as to why Serpo is vanquished but Icke promoted.

Mind you there are so many odd people posting the "truth" on here, from people who are regulary abducted to people who are best mates with the in crowd of the InterGalatic Council.

Either the Three Amigos should allow all preposterous claims to be posted on here or start culling all the looney tunes type posters.

But this is obviously a non starter due mainly I suppose to the impact it would have on board hits and hence a downturn in advertising income.

I preferred the good old days on here when anything could be discussed although I believed in very little of it.

Its a sad day when denying ignorance may be influenced by the mighty dollar.

I hope that isnt happening here.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So we must go back to the original thread to talk about it?

When you look at other topics on here, some are more bs then serp.
I think serp is BS but we should be able to laugh about it here.

Non of us want to go to that serp bs board.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
DISCLAIMER: I am posting this as a member, not a moderator. My opinions are my own, and this is one of them. My views may or may not necessarily agree with those of other staff members or the ownership of AboveTopSecret.com -- although it should be obvious that the more I know about what lies behind their decisions, the more I tend to agree with them. However, please bear in mind when reading this post that I do not in any way, shape or form seek to speak on behalf of anyone other than myself, and am posting this entirely on my own initiative.

/soapbox_mode ON

Accessories After The Fact

I am not known to be a particularly prudent or judicious person, and hope no one will take this the wrong way. I'm just going to call it like I see it, torpedoes be damned.

I hinted at this above, but at long last I think it's best that I just put my cards on the table.

I understand the concerns and frustrations of some of my fellow members regarding what may seem to be "censorship" of discussion related to Project Serpo on AboveTopSecret.com.

I share some of them.

I also agree wholeheartedly, without reservation, with the decision of the ATS administration to take steps to minimize the use of its forums to publicize and promote a hoax.

Yes, a hoax.

There. I said it.

I'm a skeptic, but I'm not an idiot.

The Thick Green Line

Project Serpo is a hoax. It's not even a particularly plausible hoax. So why should the Amigos see fit to "squelch" discussion of it on ATS?

Because Serpo is a hoax in progress, and it is now eminently clear that the hoaxsters behind Serpo have been using ATS as an active component in developing and perpetrating the hoax.

They've been using us to refine their scam!

Just look at the Serpo "monster thread". Already, revisions to the Serpo story, based on the keen insights and criticisms of ATSers, are being published elsewhere by "Anonymous".

Revisions? Indeed. Because we've been writing their freakin' story for them.

We're being used.

The Specter Of Googlear War

The decisions of the ownership are informed by many things. Among them is the knowledge that some opportunists will try to use the popularity and reach of ATS for free publicity.

On the one hand, they wish to keep discussion on ATS as open as possible. On the other hand, they must guard against the very real problems which result when con artists seek to ply their trade in our community -- actions which threaten it.

Thus the ATS administration will, from time to time and as they see fit, take steps to prevent the misuse of this website for deception or what may even amount to criminal activity, should fraud become a factor in the Serpo story (i.e., taking money under false pretenses).

Every member of ATS is free to disagree with the ownership on anything. However, the decisions of the Partners are binding on the use of ATS resources, as they must be.

Alien Evasion

Lest anyone misunderstand me, I am flat-out claiming Serpo to be a hoax (go ahead, prove me wrong, little miss anonymous), but don't consider its status as a hoax to reflect in any way upon the possibility of the existence of intelligent extraterrestrial life (which I consider probable), or its influence on earthly affairs (which I consider possible).

I'm just saying I'm not going to buy every two-bit cock-and-bull story that comes down the pike, nor am I going to play along with it.

Spare me.

As for Serpo, ATS is doing nothing to prevent anyone who wishes to discuss it from doing so elsewhere.

It's a free Internet, after all, and there are many choices available for everyone.

*cough* RATS *cough*

/soapbox_mode OFF

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Not everyone who had their threads trashed were trying to "Garner Fame" from ATS.

Two of my threads went to the "Heap" , but I understand. Just wanted to clarify that some people lost threads , despite good intentions.

l_s

I was not clear and I appologize. In no way did I mean our members were trying to garner fame. We eliminated the redundant threads to keep the hoaxers from garnering fame via google power and 1.6 million visitors a month.

Again, it had NOTHING to do with our Members.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Hey Springer,

Thanks again for clearing this up. I know you have already cleared this up for me via U2U.

Thanks again lost_shaman

top topics

join