It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TinWiKi Authors and EDITORS needed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Members of AboveTopSecret.com are called upon to assist in what could be one of the greatest collaborative efforts on the internet, The TinWiKi Project.

The main site index can be found here:
www.tinwiki.org...

William One Sac our beloved ATS Editor in Chief, is spearheading this dynamic culmination of the immense resource that is AboveTopSecret.com.

Imagine a resource that you can mine "Wiki style" (hot linked key words) that is made up of the best "Conspiracy and Alternative Topic" information on the planet. That's the what we are building here.

The project is in need of volunteers to write WiKi articles for placement in the WiKi and experienced WiKi editors to help organize and perfect submissions.

Effective immediately I will award 10,000 ATS Points for the next 100 articles accepted by William One Sac.

Additionally, any experienced WiKi editor (need links of your work and email addresses of WiKi owners for reference reviews) who offers his or her service will receive a "sign on" bonus of 100,000 ATS points AND their choice of an ATS T-Shirt or coffee mug for agreeing to 3 months participation as an editor.

This project can become an internet legend and an invaluable resource for those researching the myriad topics covered here on ATS. Make sure your name is on the mast of a legend volunteer to help create TinWiKi today.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If anyone needs help getting started as a TinWiKi Author check out the Getting started page and the Tutorial.
Feel free to U2U me or post a question on the tinWiki.org Working Forum if you need any help.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I have to say I am discourage to contribute because of it's very name.

Why couldn't you of called it the Alternative History Pedia or something.
Instead of making us look like tinfoil hats.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by aelphaeis_mangarae
I have to say I am discourage to contribute because of it's very name.

Why couldn't you of called it the Alternative History Pedia or something.
Instead of making us look like tinfoil hats.

Personally, I thought the exact same thing -- at first. Then I realized that Tin Wiki was the ideal name (with, I might add, the ideal "logo"). For years, people have visualized tin foil hats as the mark of the "conspiracy theorist". People have mocked and ridiculed "people like us" -- ATS posters.

But the last laugh is truly on us. We can "stick in their face" with a very serious effort at presenting the information about conspiracies, ufo's, mythical and cryptozoological creatures, among other topics. Through Tin Wiki, we accumulate the date, present it in a comprehensive format and then it's up to the "doubter's" intellect, imagination and creativity to "connect the dots' and to make their own judgement.

Deny Ignorance!

Oh sure, Mr. John Q. Public might still dismiss Tin Wiki, and the information amassed within, but it won't be because he did not have the data, the links, the history at his fingertips. It's because John Q. Public has been, perhaps, "programmed" to ignore what he has been "taught" to be contrary to what he has been "told" to be the truth. Well some people just "can't handle the truth"

Tin Wiki, just like tin foil hats, will block out the pre-programmed, .mainstream- ed "pablum" that passes for truth and logic. Some would rather not see all the evidence and, instead, embrace ignorance ... like so many others.

I love Tin Wiki and the foil hat connotation and the implication that we deny ignorance by judging the "whole story" and "all the evidence".

[edit on 4/12/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
What Benevolent Tyrant said... ^^^

I think it's also just to show that we (conspiracy theorists and "believers") have a sense of humour as well. We appreciate the humour in the tinfoil-hat-wearing-nut myth. Even if TinWiki is a very serious project. I like the name. It's easy to remember, it says what it's about and it reminds us to take everything with a grain of salt. IMO.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
For years, people have visualized tin foil hats as the mark of the "conspiracy theorist". People have mocked and ridiculed "people like us" -- ATS posters.

But the last laugh is truly on us. We can "stick in their face" with a very serious effort at presenting the information about conspiracies, ufo's, mythical and cryptozoological creatures, among other topics...

...It's because John Q. Public has been, perhaps, "programmed" to ignore what he has been "taught" to be contrary to what he has been "told" to be the truth. Well some people just "can't handle the truth"

Your Tyrantness,
Please, sir, not all of us are "believers" as you put it. I consider myself to be quite an accomplished skeptic, in fact. Will there be room for skeptical articles at Tinwiki?

Harte

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Will there be room for skeptical articles at Tinwiki?

Harte

Plenty.

Additions to tinWiki must be factual, no bias, and of a natural standpoint.
tinwiki.org...:What_is_tinWiki

Good work on "Dating the Sphinx" BTW

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Well, I'm not an experienced Wiki editor, but I am an experienced and published hard copy editor... is there a chance I can participate as such?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun

Well, I'm not an experienced Wiki editor, but I am an experienced and published hard copy editor... is there a chance I can participate as such?

I, too, am experienced. I was told you have to pump out ten articles before you may be considered for an editing position.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The thing I found is that I go to write an article on, say, Project Northwoods, but then I find it is on the actual Wikipedia site, and written much better than anything I could hope to do!

What does one do in these situations? Press on nonetheless, citing wikipedia.org as a reference, or just provide a link to teh relevant article on the main page?

ps. I suggest a category devoted to 'hoaxes,' (or perhaps something less in-your-face), just devoted to conspiracy theories that have been proven false, like Serpo - I think - and all that. I do not think that this would undermine TimWiki at all, but would rather enhance it, so people could see what is true and what is not, making this hazy world just a but clearer. But if your good mod self does not agree with this point of view . . .

[edit on 22/5/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
The thing I found is that I go to write an article on, say, Project Northwoods, but then I find it is on the actual Wikipedia site, and written much better than anything I could hope to do!

What does one do in these situations? Press on nonetheless, citing wikipedia.org as a reference, or just provide a link to teh relevant article on the main page?

TinWiki is a coloborative project. Pages grow and evolve as people add to them. Just do your best and others will follow.

Please do not link to other wikis or forums on tinWiki. Have a look at the tutorial to help you make a great tinWiki page.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's giving people the wrong impression about conspiracy theorists.

It's like saying "hey come laugh at us the paraniod freaks!"

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bibliophile

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun

I, too, am experienced. I was told you have to pump out ten articles before you may be considered for an editing position.

Ahhhh, oh well. Every time I wish to do an article, it's about something that's already done anyway. Thanks for the answer, bib.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
how does someone qualify to become a tinwiki editor? just curious

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
yea, who do you have to go to to become a[n] tinwiki author?

-GTB

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
uh,sorry nevermind found an article

top topics

join