It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Cheney behind 9/11 former Star Wars Head claims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Former head of the Star Wars defense program under Ford and Carter, Dr. Robert M. Bowman has said in a public interview that in his opinion, that if Osama Bin Laden and Al Qeada were responsible for 9/11 then the government stood down and let it happen. Or, elements within the government commissioned the attack and that the most likely suspect is VP Dick Cheney. He also goes on to say that America is in danger of slipping into a dictatorship and that the patriot act has done more to destroy our rights than our enemies.

www.prisonplanet.com
The former head of the Star Wars missile defense program under Presidents Ford and Carter has gone public to say that the official version of 9/11 is a conspiracy theory and his main suspect for the architect of the attack is Vice President Dick Cheney.
Dr. Robert M. Bowman, Lt. Col., USAF, ret. flew 101 combat missions in Vietnam. He is the recipient of the Eisenhower Medal, the George F. Kennan Peace Prize, the President’s Medal of Veterans for Peace, the Society of Military Engineers Gold Medal (twice), six Air Medals, and dozens of other awards and honors. His Ph.D. is in Aeronautics and Nuclear Engineering from Caltech. He chaired 8 major international conferences, and is one of the country’s foremost experts on National Security.
Bowman worked secretly for the US government on the Star Wars project and was the first to coin the very term in a 1977 secret memo. After Bowman realized that the program was only ever intended to be used as an aggressive and not defensive tool, as part of a plan to initiate a nuclear war with the Soviets, he left the program and campaigned against it.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well now this is interesting. Overall I have believed since it happened that either the Bush administration either was warned about 9/11 and didn't believe it (or conversely didn't think it would be as bad as it was) or let it happen for political gain. I would still put money down on that horse myself. My arguement against them actually doing it themselves was a simple lack of imagination...there isn't a speck of imagination in the whole bloody lot of them from Bush on down...
But Cheney...along with Rice, those two have dark souls. I don't know about her but I could see him with his smirk rubbing his hands while planning it. He has the connections to pull it off thats for sure. But they'd have to have used outside contractors to pull it off. I just don't see our military allowing it to happen...the higher up's perhaps, but not the rank and file.
In the long run I like to use Occam's razor when confronted with things like this i.e. the more complicated the explanation, the less likely it is to be true. The more people involved in a conspirecy, the less likely it will remain a secret. I still think incompentency or complacency allowed it to happen.

Related News Links:
www.disinfo.com

[edit on 5-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
this does not bode well for the country, I think. Seems this confirms what many have feared, rand that is that Cheney, heavily tied to the globalist organizations, is working behind the scenes to further their globalist agenda.
Of course we didn't need this to tell us that the so-called Patriot Act was a further erosion of our constitutionally-protected rights.

Good find, Grover! I plan on listening to the taped interview as soon as I get home from work tonight!

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Wow, and all this time when I saw the title of the thread, I was thinking maybe they finally got hard evidence of foul play. Instead I went to read an article based on a person's opinion and no evidence. Which one is it? The govt did it or that Osama planned it but the govt did not intervene.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I thought SDI (Star Wars) was a Reagan program....what is this about Ford and Carter?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
That was my original thought as well but then I recalled the idea of using lasers to knock out incoming missles was kicking around in the mid-seventies...Reagan made it a politcal thing by endorsing it but he didn't come up with it.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The same man who owns that website is asking Chavez....to help him with his own version of what happened in 9/11.....

Please....this man is obviously so far to the left that if he takes one more step he will fall sideways to his doom....

Since when is "prison planet" a reliable website?.... Is like saying Rense.com is also a reliable website... soon enough some people are going to claim that all tabloids are "reliable....

Anyways, where is the evidence to what he is saying? as another member already mentioned it is only his "opinion", just like "his version of 9/11".

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
And what is wrong with being to the left? Note that I did not endorse this man's theory, but it is no more far fetched than some of the other stuff posted on here, and possibly more likely. For example the loose change video.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Looks like he's also trying to get attention for his political campaign:

bowman2006.com...

He's also like a bishop of a breakaway Catholic Church (?)....This guy gets stranger and stranger

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
And what is wrong with being to the left? Note that I did not endorse this man's theory, but it is no more far fetched than some of the other stuff posted on here, and possibly more likely. For example the loose change video.

Jones is asking for the help of someone who says one of the worst dictators that still exist is his mentor and best friend. Chavez is anti-US, just like his friend and mentor castro is, so there is no way that Chavez is going to try to do any "unbiased and truthful research into 9/11" or anything else concerning the U.S.

This latest article by him is obviously just an opinion, I am certain that there are 10 other high ranking Delta Forces officers who have a different "opinion" on this, emphasys on the word "opinion" which is what Jones is trying to pass as "truth"....

IMO Alex Jones has certainly gone down below Rense with that move he did, and it shows where his alliances lie.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
what did AJ say/do??

Sorry 1 line post.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Bowman's own words

Clearing themselves of actively planning and carrying out the 9/11 attacks ought to be fairly easy. All they have to do is give the American people the answers to a few key questions:

(1) Why were there no Arab names on the passenger lists provided by the airlines?

(2) What exactly is the status of the remote control system which conspiracy theorists say was used to hijack the airliners — a system designed to thwart hijackers by moving control from the cockpit to ground controllers.

(3) Why is there no evidence of flight 77 which supposedly flew into the Pentagon? Why was there such a small hole in the Pentagon? Why were no wings or engines found? Why are there no eyewitnesses that saw the plane? Give us the evidence that it happened the way you say and that the Pentagon was not hit by a U.S. missile and flight 77 shot down over the ocean.

There are lots more questions, but you get the idea. Answer just a few of the questions, and the most virulent of the conspiracy theories goes away.

Also, from the original article:

After Bowman realized that the program was only ever intended to be used as an aggressive and not defensive tool, as part of a plan to initiate a nuclear war with the Soviets, he left the program and campaigned against it.

I don't care if my left shoe is reporting this story. Bowman seems to be an honorable and believable man and he thinks 9/11 was an inside job.

Good find, Grover

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Me thinks he is trying to sell a book.

That's what most of these people do, claim 9/11 inside job then sell a book right guys?

anyway it is interesting alot of people are starting to come out of the closet so to speak and the American people are doing nothing about it.

I guess people like total control over their every waking moment.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
At best this could only be a partial truth. Cheney could have been the head of the operation on US soil but who ran everything out of the middle east?

Look at the following: owner of WTC, mayor of NYC, heads of military and command, top advisors in white house, heads of NSA, CIA etc...

Who handled the funding... a lot of money got paid to get people to do things and keep them quiet..

who controls the financial system??

who benefited from 911?

Is Cheney all of the above? I don't think so, so why does buddy say he is in this story?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
the truth is a lefty!
the truth cannot be trusted!
long live the lie!

alex jones is an american patriot and hero.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ya know nowhere in this post does it say that Dr. Bowman was interviewed by prison planet or that it had anything to do with it, other than to report his (bowman's) radio interview.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Bowman's own words

Clearing themselves of actively planning and carrying out the 9/11 attacks ought to be fairly easy. All they have to do is give the American people the answers to a few key questions:

(1) Why were there no Arab names on the passenger lists provided by the airlines?

Apparently, Mr. Bowman did not get the memo or is simply drinking the wrong Koolaid?

Little attention has been paid to the terrorists' remains found mingled with those of the Pennsylvania and Pentagon victims.

“It's a unique situation,” said Dr. Jerry Spencer, a former chief medical examiner for the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, who worked 30 years as a Navy forensic pathologist. “The terrorists are usually not in our possession in the United States like this. The other issue is, will the families want them back?"

Four sets of remains in Pennsylvania and five at the Pentagon were grouped together as the hijackers - but not identified by name - through a process of elimination.

Families of the airplanes' passengers and crews and those who died within the Pentagon provided DNA samples, typically on toothbrushes or hairbrushes, to aid with identification. The remains that didn't match any of the samples were ruled to be the terrorists, said Chris Kelly, spokesman for the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, which did the DNA work. The nine sets of remains matched the number of hijackers believed to be on the two planes.

Without reference samples from the hijackers' personal effects or from their immediate families to compare with the recovered DNA, the remains could not be matched to individuals.
Remains Of 9 Sept. 11 Hijackers Held

More can be found or had here:
Past ATS topic

Bowman seems to be an honorable and believable man and he thinks 9/11 was an inside job.

Only if *you* believe what he is trying to peddle.
I am in argreement with ThichHeaded, he, as with a number of other like government "insiders" have claimed and asserted like garbage.

Ironically, they, too, were trying to sell their books.

seekerof

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well you know Bush himself could come out and say he was in charge of the whole operation and some of you will just complain he is a right-wing conservative with his own agenda and that he must be lying. It seems like its reached the point where people don't want to believe the government could have had anything to do with it. They want to believe they have been hating Muslims for a good reason and to hear this would throw them off and confuse them.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Well you know Bush himself could come out and say he was in charge of the whole operation and some of you will just complain he is a right-wing conservative with his own agenda and that he must be lying.

Nice hypothetical, but the fact is that he has not come out and proclaimed such.

Further more, because he has not, some of *you* claim and assert to the contrary, that he was involved and because he has not "come out and [said] he was in charge of the whole operation, he is a right-wing conservative with his own agenda and must be lying."

Other than the irony here, your point was again?

seekerof

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted by djohnsto77: “I thought SDI (Star Wars) was a Reagan program . . what is this about Ford and Carter? [Edited by Don W]

I think both the Ford and Carter Administrations were “looking” at the overall concept, spending in the tens of millions, mainly to keep up with anything the USSR might be interested in.

Reagan on the other hand, ***believed it*** and fell hook line and sinker, mostly due to Edward Teller who had lived too long for his time. Reagan wanted to spend a “few tens of billions” on this wild notion. Diplomatically, it was regarded as a first strike weapons program. Very dangerous to our health and safety.

The current administration is using it mainly as political pay back. The money is nearly unlimited and there is no way us ordinary mortals can tell how much is out and out theft and how much is just pure graft. We get it going and coming, as taxpayers.

Did VP Cheney plan the Nine Eleven Event? Well, there is nothing I’d not put past him if there is money at the bottom of the hole. Regardless who planned it, the GOP was quick to grasp the War Trumps Economy reality. Under VP Cheney, it worked for them. Because of the Nine Eleven Event and the War on Terrorism knee-jerk response to be expected from West of the Pecos type governance, the GOP won in 2002, again in 2004. Today, by hyping the Iran thing, they hope to win in 2006. By bringing the soldiers home in late 2007, they can confidently look forward to a win in 2008. I’m thinking Geo W has awarded Osama the Legion of Merit in a secret Executive order. So what’s that tell you?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
>by: Damocles
>laugh at me all you want but one of the big reasons i dont believe the us govt
>was involved in 9/11 is simply that it would mean colin powell was involved
>and i just can NOT see that. Gen. Powell is a patriot and a man of high honor
>and integrity.

But what is a patriot? Who does he serve?

I believe a good patriot does what he is told. Especially in the Military!

The greater good! No matter what cost. believe the lie.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join