It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God create Dinosaurs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This may seem like a ridiculous question...

But noone has been able to answer it for me..so for all you creationists out there...

How does the bible explain Dinosaurs?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
well, i dont know about the bible, but the Quran says that there was a period of time before man, that man was not even thought/heard of.

I've always liked to think of that verse as alluding to the dinosaur period.

Maybe not :-)

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This is a question I have often thought of, but can not work it out? Even in the bible when it is talking about the creation of earth within 7 days, obviously it wasn't done in 7 days as we look at days now, so maybe it was done then???

But then I suppose you could ask the question "If God didn't create the dinosaurs, who did?"

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
As a kid, I asked my dad about that, and he said that for god, a day is like a million years. My parents never brought me to church or imposed religion on me. I think that god created the dinosaurs along with everything else. But my view on God is a little different from the typical view anyways I guess. There is no reason to not believe in a higher power because you also believe in science. The thing about it is that you can't prove or disprove it to anyone. There is also some blind wash of worship surrounding christianity. Many do not actually practice what they preach, and simply use it as a way to make them feel better than other people.

Creationism in public schools though? Yeah, why not? In THEOLOGY!!! Who says god didn't orchestrate evolution?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Yeah sure, intelligent design, or not so intelligent after all? This is one of the facts that disqualifies intelligent design IMO.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I can't dig up the Book, Chapter and Verse, but there are discriptions of creatures that fit the discriptions of pre-historic beasts.

There's also mention of creatutres 'being and ceasing to be' at God's giving or taking of the spirit. This would explain why things we try to 'save', won't breed, and things we try to wipe out, like rats, well, breed like rats.

There's also mention of clearing lands of dangerous beasts, for human settlement, which the Australian Aboriginals did in their hunting to extinction many giant wonders.

The Bible 'skips' over alot of 'moving and settling' time, as the story starts before the super-continant divided. Actually, it tells of the first creation of the earth, before the great battle between Lucifer/Satan and his 1/3 of the angels, and God's. When the earth was nearly destroyed and had to be re-created for Adam's time. It's as likely that was the age of the dinosaurs.

This is just one scant, little, overview of one understanding. There are others.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The only thing I've really seen as far as a religous view of dinosaurs in the bible was behometh and leviathan. Another view is that when the bible says God created land animals, this was in refrence to dinosaurs as well. Yet still other explainations are that Satan placed those bone's into the ground and made them appear to be million's of years old to confuse us and take us away from god.

I say, why complicate thing's? The theory of evolution does a pretty good job in my opinion. But you do need a good understanding of the theory. Something more then what I see from religous people who equate evolution as a wham bam thank ya ma'am event.

As a kid, I asked my dad about that, and he said that for god, a day is like a million years.

I thought the bible said 1,000 years? Isn't that why most hard core creationist's insist the earth was created sometime in 4,000 BCE or around there?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
It discredits people who take the bible literally and thinks that the world is 8,000 years old. It doesn't discredit the idea of a higher being, who may have used evolution as a tool to create. If you mix cake batter and put it in the oven and a cake comes out, does it mean that the cake was made by the heat changing the consistency of the substance? Well, yeah, but you're still the one who put the thought and preparation into it.

Originally posted by looofo
Yeah sure, intelligent design, or not so intelligent after all? This is one of the facts that disqualifies intelligent design IMO.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The version we have of Genesis today it a complilation of 4 different versions, cobbled together rather inexpertly (hence man created twice and the confusion over how many animals Noah took into the ark etc) in the 7th/8th centuries BC. Maybe there were other versions in which God first created ammonites, and then theropods, and then icythyosaurs and dinosaurs and only then did he get around to mammals......

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
my awnser is. God dident create anything. its just a stroy/myth this is my opinion. so if you dont like my opinion . så kan bare gå å legga deg

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HDD09
my awnser is. God dident create anything. its just a stroy/myth this is my opinion. so if you dont like my opinion . så kan bare gå å legga deg

Would you be so kind as to translate the above bolded line for the people who speak only English?

Leaving it without translation has me wondering if what you wrote is appropriate and I am certain that the translation will eventually be found anyway.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Go and lay down
but its look stupid in english. but it mean the same.. when you tell a person do something.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HDD09
Go and lay down
but its look stupid in english. but it mean the same.. when you tell a person do something.

OK...thanks...

I'm enjoying the topic, btw...plenty of room for theory, speculation and theology. Sorry to butt in on this thread.

Carry on...

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
WoW! Thanks to everyone that has replied...

...to be honest I can't believe that the bible doesn't seem to explain dinosaurs comprehensivly.. I thought it would.

I'm not overly religous but have always been interested in the theology behind religion and this question popped up the other day when i visited the musuem. I asked a catholic friend of mine and was met with a blank look. Something like this..

Hence the thread...

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Of course not.

Nature / evolution invented dinosaurs long before men invented God.

When the Bible was made up people weren't aware of dinosaurs so they didn't include them in their fairy stories. The same could be said for atoms, black holes etc etc

Now people are aware of dinosaurs they're trying to include them in their modern fairy stories.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
How they were created is and will always be a mystery..
What service did they fulfill? But a larger question is that IF all the oil
from all these arid countrie, the Earth must have had BILLIONS of dinosaurs and varied perhistoric creatures.
Did man evolve from a kind of dino creature?
Where is the missing link? IMO, this planet may be cleansed of all life once again and we will revert back cave men?

PS: Did the Neanderthals have a soul? They did not hear the words of Jesus, nor any other humans until 2K years ago which in time is a grain of sand to the Universe.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by siriuslyone]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
See, Strangerous, That looks like the most logical answer to me...Surely there's someone here that can argue for a logical explanation according to the bible?

i see this is a question for the next religous group knocking on my door.

That'll stuff em!

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I suppose the argument is that Genesis doesn't specifically mention kangaroos or iguanas either.

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so."

It's just a non-specific phrase implying the creation of all living creatures. No reason why dinosaurs wouldn't be amongst them. After all, if T-Rex wasn't a 'beast of the earth' what is?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1
But then I suppose you could ask the question "If God didn't create the dinosaurs, who did?"

And here is the problem with the human mind.. most think that everything has to have been "created" ...When a new star forms.. it is not "created" by some external force it happens naturally. life happens naturally over time..
The dinosaurs evolved over time just as all other life has.

We see species evolve even now and yet we think that although we have proof that life evolves that we didn't come to being that way? Why because we are special? how are we special? How do we know that we are so much smarter than other creatures on earth? Unless we can understand the language that other lifeforms use to communicate how will we know how intelligient they truly are? What because we built houses and factories that makes us smart? Some would say that it makes us incredibly stupid for destroying the earth beyond what is needed to survive harmonically with the rest of the planet.

Let go of the human ego and look at this from a pure perspective just once.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You have voted NephraTari for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Well said. The hardest part though, is letting go of their beloved ego.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join