It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to test powerful explosive in Utah in preps for nuke on iran?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
More than likely they are trying to determine if they'll need to use tactical nukes should they decide to go after Iran. This is most likely a proof-of-concept test. Undoubtedly there are factions in the government that feel that we'll need to use tactical nukes and those that feel we can do the job with conventional weapons. This test may serve to resolve that argument. Clearly, they must realize the enormous consequences of using nukes on Iran and want to find a conventional alternative if at all possible.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think this is probably just cover for the first test of an antimatter bomb.

Antimatter has been a reallity for awhile now and I cannot imagine the pentagon not makeing a weapon out of it.

This is surely just a cover something else.

X

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
source

This test has been put on hold, pending outcome of lawsuit.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Pentagon plans for an explosive test next month in Nevada have been delayed for at least three weeks because of a lawsuit over the experiment, which critics say may be part of an effort to develop new nuclear weapons.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I think this is probably just cover for the first test of an antimatter bomb.

Antimatter has been a reallity for awhile now and I cannot imagine the pentagon not makeing a weapon out of it.

This is surely just a cover something else.

X

I dont know if most people would consider it a reality just yet. The combined total global anti-matter production for the last few decades couldn't even blow over a house of cards let alone destroy a chunk of Utah.

We are talking amounts in the picogram range (a trillionth of a gram). So for the Goverment to even make a gram of the stuff would require about a trillion times increase in production. So unless they are hiding a few hundred billion particle accelerators its highly unlikley.

Antimatter exist and we can make it , but making it in any usable amounts is a long way off.

[edit on 11-5-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Looks like this is a no go. Wise choice I think.

source

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The planned detonation of 700 tons of conventional explosives in the Nevada desert next month was postponed indefinitely Friday because of fears over the possible spread of radiation.

The detonation site for the blast, known as "Divine Strake," is at the Nevada Test Site, which is 65 miles northwest of Las Vegas.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

www.defensenews.com...
He said the Russians have been notified of the test, which is scheduled for the first week of June at the Nevada test range.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Any news on this?

The first week has passed. Did the test take place and nobody noticed? Did it fail?

I think we would have seen some chest thumping if this had been successful.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Gools, the test has been postponed indefinitely. Fear of radiation. Posted link above your post.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join