The Peace of God to all that belong to the light,
Responding to the Inquiry about the White Russians I can say that as a reputed psychic I have checked the question & the answer that I can give to
this mystery is:
They were not just only a minority of the aristocracy, but a whole fallen Civilization.
- With the aid of the Royal Navy after the revolution some very important members of the Russian Nobility escaped from Russia to Great Britain like:
The Prince Dmitri Obolensky & his family, together with the Dowager Empress Marie Feodorovna & the Grand Duke Nicholas.
- But during the Russian civil war (1917-1920) about more than 2 millions refugees exit the country escaping from the regions harrassed by this
conflict, there were important colonies of Whites in China, Germany and Turkey as well as many were immigrants to the new world countries like
Argentine, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Venezuela, Mexico, United States.
- The principal destination for the white & green russians leaders( it is interesting to recall that the white were in general the supporters of the
return to the Monarchy but the greens were the ones that were fighting to stablish a modern democracy in Russia) was France. Alexander Kerensky, Ex
premier of Nicolas II and President of the provisional goverment of Russia before the Bolshevik coup de etat lived exiled in Paris until 1940 when he
decided to emigrate to USA.
- Many of the White Russians were prominent people in the countries in which they arrived, for instance Calouste Goulbenkian was one of the
associate founders of Royal Dutch Company, British Petroleum Company and Shell Petroleum Company
, he was the most important petroleum entrepreuner
of his generation, known in the History as the 5% man.
- Other relevant cases are:
- Wassily Kandinsky & Mark Shagalov (Chagall), 2 icons of the modern Art.
- The philosopher Ivan Ilyin, exiled in Berlin & Switzerland
- The composer, pianist and conductor Sergei Rachmaninoff, the last great representative of Russian late Romanticism in classical music.
- The Engineers Vladimir Olhovsky & Pavel Trofimoff, the discoverers of the oil resources of Mexico.
- Mark Aldanov (Mark Alexandrovich Landau), Novelist and mathematician
- The World Chess champion Alexander Alexandrovich Alekhine
- The Movie director André Andrejew
- The philosopher Nikolai Alexandrovich Berdyaev
- The Hollywood Star Yul Brynner(Yuliy Borisovich Brynner ) very famous for his roles of Ramses in the Ten Commandments and the King of Siam.
- The Theologian, Philosopher and Economist Sergei Nikolaevich Bulgakov
- The Bioquimistrian Dmitri Sokoloff, professor of the Instituto Polititecnico Nacional in Mexico city and also of the University of Chicago.
- Ivan A. Bunin that was the first Russian writer to win the Nobel Prize for Literature.
- The Theologian and pioneer of ecumenism Georges V. Florovsky
- George Ignatieff that became a Canadian diplomat and was the recipient of the 1984 Pearson Medal of Peace for his work in international service.
- The Nobel Prize in Economics Wassily W. Leontief.
- Elizaveta Yurievna Pilenko, nun and poetess, better known as Mother Maria.
- The historian Dmitri V.Nabokov
- The Chess master, entomologist, and novelist Vladimir V.Nabokov.
- Prince Alexander S. "Obo" Obolensky that was a famous international rugby football player.
- Colonel Oleg I. Pantyukhov, the founder of the russian scouting.
- Olga Preobrajenska the best loved ballerina of the Russian Imperial Ballet.
- Alexander N. Prokofiev de Seversky, a Russian-American aviation pioneer, inventor, and influential advocate of strategic air power.
- Nicholas V. Riasanovsky, professor emeritus at the University of California, Berkeley and the author of numerous books on Russian History.
- Mikhail I. Rostovtzeff,was one of the 20th century's foremost authorities on ancient Greek, Iranian, and Roman history.
- Alexander Schmemann a prominent 20th century Orthodox Christian priest, teacher, and writer.
- St John (Maximovitch) of Shanghai & San Francisco, was a noted Eastern Orthodox ascetic and hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of
- The philosopher Lev I. Shestov
- Igor I. Sikorsky, a Russian-American pioneer of aviation who designed and flew the world's first multi-engine fixed-wing aircraft.
- Pitirim A. Sorokin,Russian-American sociologist, founder of the Department of Sociology at Harvard University.
- Victor Starffin, the first professional pitcher in Japan to win three hundred games
- Otto L. Struve, became an American astronomer.
- Ariadna Vladimirovna Tyrkova-Williams, a liberal politician, journalist, writer and feminist.
- Marie Illarionovna Vassiltchikov,a Russian princess who was involved in the July 20 Plot to kill Adolf Hitler.
- Vladimir I. Yourkevitch, a naval engineer, developer of the modern design of ship hulls, designer of the famous ocean liner SS Normandie.
- Vladimir Kozmich Zworykin, a Russian-American inventor, engineer, and pioneer of television technology.
- Igor Markevitch ,a Ukrainian composer and conductor
- Other prominent exiled white Russians of that generation were the Musicians, Artists, Art promotors or ballet dancers of the famous Ballet Russes
like: Sergei Diaghilev, Igor Stravinsky, Anna Pavlova, Tamara Karsavina,Mikhail Fokin, Anton Dolin, Sergei Lifar, Vaslav Nijinsky,George Balanchine,
Alexandra Danilova, and Igor Yuskevitch.
Without the so important contribution of the Ballet Russes it is impossible to understand the begining of very famous west ballet companies as
Montecarlo, Paris Opera, Royal ballet, American Ballet, New York Ballet.
The White Russians were like the last beams of a Modern Atlantis spreaded its light in the Art & Science to the world ,an unexpected gift that came
from Russia with Love.
Let me suggest you to check my threads at Predictions & Prophecies related with Russia and its so important role in the future of the humanity:
Rasputin will reappear: the Mother Russia will be Saint Again/
The Fatima secrets Code: the promises of God disclosed by St. Mary for our century/
The Angel of lightness
[edit on 6/11/2008 by The angel of light]