It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A suggestion for a new BTS forum..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I was outside looking around at nature and clouds
(Ok, I was looking at the male eye candy.), and I noticed lots of people working on their cars.

Anyways I started thinking that an Automotive forum would be a cool to add to BTS, for people who like cars and stuff that has to do with them.

What do you think?

[edit on 3/25/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Maybe it's just the fact that I don't like cars or driving, and I think Nascar/any racing is a huge waste of gas, but I don't think it would be good.

Probably too narrow of a topic. Once you start talking about cars, then you have to make an aircraft forum, and a motorcycle forum, and a boat forum, and a train forum. And a windsurfing forum. And a spaceship forum. And a donkey forum. And well... you get the picture

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well, we already have an aircraft forum, in ATS, which basically anyone can talk about whatever aircraft they want to. And you are not the first person to suggest an Automotive forum in BTS. Personally, I think it would be a good idea to have, but instead of being called "Automotives", I think "Ways of Transportation" would be better.

And maybe a descritption like.."Like to talk about your favorite car? Or maybe just wanna show if off? Or maybe you need that little piece of advice of what goes where on your personal water craft? Come here to discuss anything and everything about different ways of transportation."

Hmmm..sound good?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Well I suggest it be just automotive, since there is alot of stuff about cars that can be discussed, including concept cars.

Anyways, I'm willing to bet less than half of our members have boats, and would want to discuss them, and uh, I doubt many people really want to discuss trains.

Anyways, your opinions are appreciated though.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
You've gotten a Council Person interested in your idea, which is a good thing to do, and it may or may not get the result you want.
If it doesn't happen or until it does, you could always ATS BLOG and talk about cars to your heart's content, and post a link to your car blog in your siggy, just a thought.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I donno... There are already a plethera of forums on this topic as is. Heck, you can find dozens, if not hundreds, of forums on specific models of cars.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Well I suggest it be just automotive, since there is alot of stuff about cars that can be discussed, including concept cars.

Anyways, I'm willing to bet less than half of our members have boats, and would want to discuss them, and uh, I doubt many people really want to discuss trains.

Anyways, your opinions are appreciated though.

Okay, brought this to the council attention, gonna give this another go! Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride, ill get back to you on this.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
I donno... There are already a plethera of forums on this topic as is. Heck, you can find dozens, if not hundreds, of forums on specific models of cars.

Plethora

Doubt my 2 cents matters that much, but that sounds cool. I read enough boards as it is, taking away a car one and just reading it here would be nice

Since I'm sure enough people have cars... there's probably a nice population here that'll have something to input.

(I'm just being mean cmdr sir
)

new topics

top topics

join