It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalypse Nigh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So how many of you believe the Apocalypse is coming? Maybe just the End of the World? This is for you guys.

The oceans are dying, the rainforests are shrinking, the deserts are growing, the ice caps are melting, the climate is destablizing, and the people are getting madder every day. As soon as the people of the world realize the world is rapidly changing things will really get interesting. This is when you can expect the religious wars to begin, and our modern age to end.

So if this is the End of the World we're witnessing in slow motion, my questions are:

Does this have nothing to do with ancient myths and legends?

Did nobody know how and when this was coming?

Was this apocalypse prepared by men here on Earth?

I see this apocalypse coming. I see how a few, powerful groups here on Earth have lead us into it. So what really happened back in the day?

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Do not confuse normal dynamicism with apocalypse. The earth's climate and ecosystems have been changing since the planet began. They were changing before man appeared and will continue to change regardless of any human influence or not.

Change is not evil. And although humans have contributed to global changes we are not the cause and possibly not even the biggest contributor to change.

Change is an opportunity, not something to fear.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Sorry bro, it's the Apocalypse/End of the World and not just change. I'm sure you're one of those types who makes lemonade when life hands you lemons, but there's no opportunity to be found in what's coming except maybe for those who have a hand in it all. Everybody else is in for a surprise.

Besides, it's some big coincidence that whenever some movement comes around that tries to spread the idea that we shouldn't stomp all over the Earth, some powerful force always crushes it. Cheap drugs and a good moon landing thoroughly crushed the hippie movement.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by bigpappadiaz]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Bu-BU-BU-BU-BU-BU-BU-BU-BU-BU-BU-BU-BU-Bump.

On-ON-ON-ON-ON-ON-ON-ON-ON-One liner policy.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by dbates]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I see as change being a good thing as well. We arent going anywhere but we will change a bit. Adapt is one of the reason we are still around, and I think we still have what it takes to make it no matter what the circumstances. Maybe we will all become excellent swimmers, and grow silicon skin to protect us from UV's. who knows.... anything is possible, we are here arnt we ? The simple fact that all of this life came from a big bang which came from literally nothing should tell us all that anything is possible, even stuff we have not the comprehension for.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by imbalanced]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Mmhmm well if we don't all die or participate in a huge pandemic or holy war or messiah or whatever the hell you believe depending on your religion, we'll get pretty close. Yep yep yep wouldn't it be nice if we were informed?

-raven

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The simple fact that all of this life came from a big bang which came from literally nothing

I'm sorry, did you just call that a fact??

It's not going to be the end of the world. It will be the beginning of a new era... hopefully an era where greed and money is eliminated, and people begin to realize that we need to all work together.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I meant we are here, and if that is a fact....which it is, then who knows what is possible. But i dont think we are going anywhere (the human race), if you truely believe that then you should be building a bunker or preparing for the world to end.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigpappadiaz
The oceans are dying, the rainforests are shrinking, the deserts are growing, the ice caps are melting, the climate is destablizing, and the people are getting madder every day. As soon as the people of the world realize the world is rapidly changing things will really get interesting. This is when you can expect the religious wars to begin, and our modern age to end.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, phew, that was cleansing!

Don't sweat it. Wars, rumors of wars, lion, tigers and bears...oh my.

Take a nice dump, drink a coke and sing the song "Don't worry, be happy"

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
In a perverse way I'm looking forward to the apocalypse/the end.
I romantically see a mad Max type of scenario, riding around in dune buggies and using canned goods for barter.

In actuality we will more than likely all die from dehydration, from pukeing up our guts and terminal diarrhea due to some mutated bio weapon gone wild; As the "Doors" play in the background. Maybe even designed by some elite group that have the anecdote to the bio/chem. For them opulence and luxury and decadence unencumbered by the rabble like you and me.

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house!!
Turn out the lights, the party's over!!

Or maybe the human race will awaken and see the folly of overpopulation and unbridled consumerism; naaaaaaahhhhhhh!!

[edit on 28-3-2006 by whaaa]

[edit on 28-3-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigpappadiaz
This is when you can expect the religious wars to begin, and our modern age to end.

To begin? They've been going on for centuries, and isn't the US fighting muslims are the moment?

The world will not "end" until the sun swallows it, or some super cosmic event obliterates the solar system.
Humanity might come to an end in the next two centuries, but we had a good run, so enjoy whats left of the life you have to live, grow a garden, love someone, don't worry so much.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yes I do believe the end of the world is coming. You see the anti christ is going to arrive soon, then the mark of the beast...meaning the micro chips will be forced on us for this new world order. If you do not get it...or you are caught with out it, it's either wear it..or go to the detainment camps and you will be beheaded by a guillotine. We already know that these camps are being built and there are many. Even has the site on ATS..these camps will be for the people who refuse the chips...because you need it to buy things, and live...

The aliens are behind all of this, are government is not exactly what you think it is....

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
No matter which thread you go into theres always someone spouting these antichrist mark of the beast beliefs on us, as if it's almost their religion. Kinda bored of it now.

Those topics are as much speculation and unfounded as the bible are.

[edit on 29-3-2006 by T0by]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
the end times are upon us already, like many others before have mentioned, just look around you. The sad part of all this is that we, as the people of this planet have and are being led into a corner where there will ultimately be only one solution......WAR!

Everything of the past 150years or so has been planned and manipulated to occur according to a timetable and a plan. Just look at Albert Pike's (illuminati leader or something of that order) plan, which stated in 1886 that it would be necessary for 3 world wars to occur in a certain way to bring about a one world government, and this has so far happend according to plan.

The third war would be staged with muslims against the christians. This will include the majority of the world, nuclear exchanges will occur, massive losses of life are a guarantee, and the less-than-half the previous world population will be much easily governmend by a one unilateral world leader and government to enslave society from that point on in the theory that a single government will eliminate threats and danger and wars.

This will not be the age of aquarius that pot smoking hippies would have liked us to beleive. This will be the start of a new dark ages, where thos in power will receive education, good water and food, protection etc. The masses will live make shift societies, plagued with disease and violence, fighting amongst themselves which will enable those in power to control the public easier.

It is a sad way for the world to go, I agree, I've even spoken to a few different priests, and no I dont go to church, they were at function of friends and family who are religious and they all agree on the same thing, that we are at the dawn of the end-times and from they're point of view, they've seen a certain "rapture" starting to happen. I'm not criticizing them but it is one point of view to take into account.

There is a sense of fear in the air, you can almost smell it. People everywhere are saying that they feel that something big is on the way. Well, I say, bring it on, because the sooner we deal with this s*#t, the sooner we can all start to live together for the common goal of humanity and do what we can, even now, to overthrow the corrupt institutions that call themselves our government!

Melbourne_Militia

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

No matter which thread you go into theres always someone spouting these antichrist mark of the beast beliefs on us, as if it's almost their religion. Kinda bored of it now.

Who the hell is talking about mark of the beast or religious crap? What I'm talking about is a lot of people have known something like this would be coming for a long ass time. What's sad is that anything concerning religion or ancient mythology was separated from our day to day lives. These old ass manipulators changed our stories and imposed ridiculous beliefs that once we began to learn the ways of the world and our universe we dismissed it all as quackery. The realm of science fiction was created to go hand in hand with our advances and now we regard our way of running the world as progress.

Back in the day, "Gods" - that's how advanced groups presented themselves to uneducated natives - ruled the world and controlled all the people. Everybody wasn't allowed to enjoy this freedom we have nowadays, because it simply can't be. Who would want to do the mining, or the farming, when they are capable of so much more? Why would they expose themselves to the many things that keep them from reaching their full potential? Knowing too much meant struggles for power.

All the while though, these old guys knew what they were doing and were accomplishing their goals as we went about our lives. This isn't the way a planet was meant to be run. Sciences like the Electric Universe are kept from us, because if we ever discovered how the planets and stars interact, that would be the first step in correcting our planet's situation and preventing ourselves from becoming ignorant of it all once again. We would find striking similarities between ancient history and what we've learned, and would seek out these other great powers that were never meant for us.

But religion and bad science has been so ingrained in people's minds that when our societies begin to collapse, everyone will immediately pick up their Bible or Koran and start looking for answers there. We will all blame each other for what is happening, while the few who try and explain what is really going on are drowned out as nuts or blasphemers, and in that time of heightened religious zeel they will be killed.

And it's all been set up. Mighty fine work, if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm interested to see how everything unfolds. I want it to happen soon. Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to let loose and forget about the uneccesary material garbage that runs this world.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It shouldn't have to happen at all, but I think someone's bitter about what happened way, way back in the day.

Mandaean text: “How cruel are the planets that stay there and conspire evil in their rage . . . the planets conspire in rage against us.”

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Try at least briefly read the posts b4 replying bigpappadiaz. In this case, the one above mine. Well yours also.

I was just commenting on how those topics seem to worm their way into unrelated threats.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Though it is interesting that, that which needs to be purged is instead purging all other things.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
its a constant cycle of earth to clean its slate an start a new, Giving new chances to things that wouldnt have any............

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join