It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravitational Anomaly in Superconductors discovered by European Scientists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Why are they calling this the "London Moment" and not the "Podkletnov Moment?" Seems they stole this experiment directly from Podkletnov.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Everyone seems to be interested in the possibility of anti-grav here. I'm wondering if it could create gravity, something close to Earth's gravity perhaps? Like for gravity plating on space ships.

Zero-G seems such a hassle, you have to exercise all the time to keep your muscles from wasting. Would be useful to have gravity platings for long-haul trips or generational ships.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMorden
Why are they calling this the "London Moment" and not the "Podkletnov Moment?" Seems they stole this experiment directly from Podkletnov.

Podkletnov's experiment was slightly different, this device supposedly "generates" gravity(many many times more powerful than Einstein predicted supposedly, so this is really a test of General Reletivity in essense). Podkletov's device supposedly "shields" from it's effects. Similiar experiment, completely opposite outcomes.

The London Moment refers to this.

1. A quantum-mechanical phenomenon whereby a spinning superconductive metal sphere generates a magnetic field whose axis lines up exactly with the spin axis.
2. The magnetic moment of any rotation of any superconductor, caused by the electrons lagging behind the rotation of the object.

So this would be an Gravitometric London Moment not an Electromagnetic London Moment(which happened quite some time ago).

[edit on 5-4-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Podlketnov's experiment was quite different, not really understandable and
unable to be reproduced.

The effect was quite different.

Current investigators are calling this
a "gravitational London moment" in analogy to the usual magnetic "London moment"
in superconductors because of the kind of result they see.

This is real, hard science.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Caught a chunk of video where this guy states something to the effect of a TR3B or whatever drive system is a mass of supercooled Hg spinning at like 260000 RPM.
Is this credible? I've seen some supposed early German saucer design drawings and they seem to indicate two contra-rotating masses of some material (the larger mass on top) and something called a Kohler converter between?
I also recalled hearing that a Nazi U boat was captured at the end of WWII with a large amount of Hg onboard. You folks seem bright what do you think? Was the sub headed for New-Schwabenland research facilities?
Are the Euros doing research that SAIC and its precursors has had for decades?
Crap I'm almost even ready to believe in Element 115 coffee-pot reactors at this point.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Somehow the claim was a huge "mercury plasma" which is also a superconductor.

These seem to be utterly incompatible as far as I know and nothing like this
has remotely been demonstrated. In superconducting materials now you
have to have a solid underlying substance with some structure so that you
can get the very special conditions necessary for superconductivity. The random
motion of molecules in fluids seems completely incompatible with the coherence
necessary to get paired electrons in a delicate quantum configuration.

Mercury goes superconducting at 4.2 degrees Kelvin. It is frozen dead solid there.

There is no "mercury plasma" which is superconducting as plasmas would be
fluids.

The idea that somehow superconductivity could be linked to gravity (i.e. because
you can get quantum gravity effects) has been suggested for a long time. People just
didn't know how it would happen.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
In a Gary McKinnon Interview, he said that the US has anti-gravity technology in a highly classified and compartmentalized form. I find his testimony believable. I can tell you our Government no longer represents the best interests of its citizens. The military industrial complex has become a hidden and malevolent force whose real purpose seems to be an ever escalating conglomeration of mysterious test facilities and concealed agendas. By allowing Mr. McKinnon’s extradition to the US, the UK, has thrown a gentle soul into the lion’s den, our prison system is among the worst in the world. All to make an example of him, to show the world how strong and mighty we are, to show what happens to those who dare to tell the secrets that even its own people are forbidden to know. The existence of anti gravity in any form is now the biggest secret on our planet, and much like atomic bomb programs of the 1940s the first to implement it will have ultimate power on earth. If such technology is a reality, the implications are almost beyond human understanding; this might enable humanity to travel to other star systems, or more likely, weapons capable of flattening entire quadrants of the planet. I know most people will scoff at the very idea such things are possible, just as our ancestors would have if they were told that man would someday travel to the moon or be capable of building hydrogen bombs. In March of 2006 the European Space Agency released a report entitled “Experimental Detection of the Gravitomagnetic London Moment.” Why is this importance of this information not being disseminated to the public by the world press? Why did it come from laboratories outside the US?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This technology has immense potential, and these same experiments have been floating around for a while, the Podkletnov experiment was done way back in the early to mid 90's I think. This technology seems to keep resurfacing more and more, and will eventually be developed into something practical.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have been searching for anything new on this topic, and I just found something new,..

A short column on field propulsion can be found in the December issue of Aerospace America,...

12 March 2008
Field Propulsion in the Press

PDF file of article here,...

All have said we need more evidence and now it is starting to trickle in, this could be the beginning of something really big.

A few other articles,...

Advanced Propulsion Systems from Artificial Gravitational Fields PDF

Gravity-like Fields: Experimental Facts and Theoretical Explanation

If this turn out to be real, the world as we know it is about to change.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

If I remember correctly, the idea was that the "plasma" spinning in the donut thingy wasn't just mercury, but rather some sort of mercury alloy that had a melting point just below the range of superconductivity, allowing it to super-conduct and remain liquid.

I also seem to recall that the mercury alloy was in mechanical mixture with some tiny ferrous suspended solids of specific size and uniform shape. I don't remember what their purpose was, probably something to do with magnets.

I don't have a source. Some video I watched?

I doubt it was credible, but maybe someone can get something from that.

I tried to search on Google for some alloys of mercury that lower its melting point, but I met with no success.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Is this like spinning mercury at 10000 rpm in a heavy magnetic field as in gravity disruptor?

If so see the TR3b, for a similar concept:

TR3B

The effects of spinning mercury haven't been substantiated as far as I know. That being said the answer to your question is no. This technology is creating gravity not an apposing symmetric force to gravity.

Incredibly interesting article though OP. Nothing like a little progress every now and then to keep the ol' juices flowing.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'd like to date this science a little earlier, could have been observed back when Bose was experimenting with BEC and just kept hidden for non proliferation reasons. India went nuclear in 1974..

arstechnica.com...
edit on 8-10-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CAPT PROTON
Ahh here we go...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

19-12-2004
From what I've seen, Gravity is more of an effect as opposed to some actual thing. Like a very complicated form of centripetal motion or centrifugal motion. Where you have to think of a huge wash of electrons desperately trying to reduce their orbits over their super heated parent atoms. Heat something it expands, cool something it contracts. So, as the core is super heated an pressurized and then rapidly spun, the electrons are spun outward and away, but they must still maintain some sort of orbit no matter how far out they are. Example, heat a magnet and the field disappears or did it? The field may be weaker just simply because the force was sent further out over a larger area and can no longer be detected. Cool it off, and presto, it returns. Now, really cool it down, and the force falls in on itself and will do wierd things like superconducting.

I say all this, after observing a strange effect from some university science experiment on TV. They had a huge magnet at some lab. A large round one on its side, probably about 6-7 feet in diameter. With a 3 inch hole in its center. Not sure what their experiment was supposed to be, but one of the students put an object in that hole while the magnet was on and it went into a free fall. The object floated in the center. They put a spider and frog in there, and both became weightless while in the center of this giant magnet. Neither was harmed. I guess they blew off their main experiment to explain this new effect. Nothing was super cooled, so it wasn't like those levitation, anti-gravity experiments you see.

I believe the magnet was powerful enough to cancel the effect of gravity or electron wash within that hole and cause a free fall. Its field created a bubble strong enough for a tiny area to be free of gravity, or those particles responsible for it which are orbiting in and out of the core, like a vacuum tube is sealed from the atmosphere.

Electromagnetism is much stronger than gravity, the area wasn't free of gravity the magnet was just stronger.
If you increased the density of the Earth the frog would fall right down.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Einstein's theory applies only to bulk matter whose particles have no intrinsic angular momentum. At sufficiently high densities, such matter contributes a torsion to the gravitational field with repulsive spin contact forces that act as anti-gravity (the so-called Einstein-Cartan metric). Einstein assumed for mathematical convenience that the connection tensor is symmetric with respect to interchange of space-time coordinate indices. This assumption is invalid when matter is composed of particles with intrinsic angular momentum because this tensor becomes asymmetric, producing an asymmetric Riemann curvature and field equations with contributions to the energy-momentum tensor from the spinning matter. The reported effects are due to superconducting material rotating at 6500 RPM possessing high angular momentum which generates a weak torsion in the local gravitational field. The interpretation by the researchers that the additional force is magnetic in origin is just plain wrong.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
DAAAAAAMN

I thought it was something new here.....

2006 necromongers

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
London's fluxoid can also be viewed as a surreal quantum vortex.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
Einstein's theory applies only to bulk matter whose particles have no intrinsic angular momentum. At sufficiently high densities, such matter contributes a torsion to the gravitational field with repulsive spin contact forces that act as anti-gravity (the so-called Einstein-Cartan metric). Einstein assumed for mathematical convenience that the connection tensor is symmetric with respect to interchange of space-time coordinate indices. This assumption is invalid when matter is composed of particles with intrinsic angular momentum because this tensor becomes asymmetric, producing an asymmetric Riemann curvature and field equations with contributions to the energy-momentum tensor from the spinning matter. The reported effects are due to superconducting material rotating at 6500 RPM possessing high angular momentum which generates a weak torsion in the local gravitational field. The interpretation by the researchers that the additional force is magnetic in origin is just plain wrong.

Well, real life particles like electrons and protons have intrinsic angular momentum and yet general relativity appears to be pretty damn well satisfied in the astrophysical observations we know about, involving electrons and protons and stuff like that.

I assume that if there is no macroscopic spin alignment then you still get classical GR?

More concretely, if you consider the possibility of metric engineering with such spin, does the leading term still have that extremely small G in front of everything?

And why would the superconducting magnet need to be physically rotated? What's wrong with aligning some electronic spins as in normal ferromagnetic material? Why aren't there obvious gravitational anomalies with these?
edit on 16-10-2017 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join