It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyshot III Scramjet Ready for Tomorrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
British defence contractor Qinetiq will test Hyshot III, tomorrow in Australia in an effort to bring commercial scramjets a little closer to fruition.
The full story is here;
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thats pretty interesting. I hope to hear about this on the news in the near future. I dont think that Mach7 travel will be possible in the near future though lol...You would have alot of sick passengers. But, I believe that it will open new doors to new things that can be developed. Good job on the research, and thanks for providing the source.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Brodband I totally agree with you that it will lead to more devolvement & advancement & yes it’s hard to imagine the jump from our old commercial jets flying around 500 mph to Mach 7 scramjets with paying passengers (feeling ill LOL)
I do believe however the technology has already been secretly perfected, though obviously NOT for commercial purposes.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Anyone know what happened to Qinetiq's SHyFE?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Good luck to them for that, nice to see the Brits doing something like this.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The SHYFE programme (Sustained Hypersonic Flight Experiment) last I heard was aiming to have 2 flying by the end of 2006.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
End 2006 now?! The last I can find on it was a first flight 2005. Hope it's still going though.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I wouls sure hate to be in the way when this baby comes screaming down to the ground at Mach 8. Yikes!

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
thats why its being tested at woomara in the middle of the outback, so nobody is in the way when it comes down.

top topics

join