It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to go with the Euro?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuTroll
this is probably just coincidence but i was on a board where i read something about this same subject, and a day later i cant log on to it because it has billing problems?

What was the site?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Do u think Britian should go witrh the Euro?

They probably will cause they are part of europe.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well now doesn't it get complicated the further it goes on?

I mean where does Europe start and where does it end?

They call it the Euro don't they?

How in the hell can it become a world currency or am I missing something?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

The world's oil is traded in dollars. (petro dollars). The money the U.S. earns off the trading pays the interest on our national debt, basically. For some time now the euro has been rising in value vs. the dollar, which has been steadily dropping in value. OPEC has been eyeing a move to the euro for its trade currency. This would be disasterous for the U.S. economy.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by THENEO

The world's oil is traded in dollars. (petro dollars). The money the U.S. earns off the trading pays the interest on our national debt, basically. For some time now the euro has been rising in value vs. the dollar, which has been steadily dropping in value. OPEC has been eyeing a move to the euro for its trade currency. This would be disasterous for the U.S. economy.

spells out disaster....OPEC has the U.S by the balls...their mind and hearts will follow..or will they?

Cyrus
ps: im hinting that the U.S seem a little too reckless, chances are they're doing things because they're sure that nothing will affect them...a.k.a they're sure OPEC will never do such a thing.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I don't want it to happen and I don't see any reason for it to happen but then again if enough weasels keep kissing the butts of the globalists who knows?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I believe there were two reasons for the invasion of Iraq. The main U.S. reason was to put the boot squarely on the neck of OPEC nations in the region. If they saw us take over Iraq, and we are in control of Iraq's oil, then surely they would do the same to Iran, for example.
Unfortunately, things are not working out so well for us in Iraq. And the world is not playing along.
The U.S. has managed to piss off not only the entire Arab world in this process, but seems to be pushing even our staunchest allies away from us with our arrogance and brute force. Bad shyte's comin'. As powerful as the U.S. is, it cannot hope to take on the entire world. All it will take to collapse the U.S. economy is a shift in the oil currency. The fact that the U.S. media is completely silent on this issue should be a huge red flag. Economic warfare is just as deadly as war.

tr

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Wwhat will most likely ruin the dollar is not oil. At least not the loss of oil by itself.
Our money is backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government. And that faith is measured in the value the world places on the judgement of Americans to control their government, and discern truth.
However, the American people are looking more like ignorant sheep. Following a government instead of BEING the government. We let the mob, corporations, and unethical politicians rule.
Hypocritical backstabbers rule. That is why the dollar will fall. People of America will wake up to the deception and manipulation. Enron, Arthur Anderson, President W's secrecy and cover ups. The people have lost control.
The world sees it.

I see it. I have lost faith in much of our government. Shadow government. Where is their legitimacy? Let me see the dollar that says u.s shadow government. Let me see the faith in lies and deception. Let us change the dollar bill to have a picture of gw and a list of his family history. Lets have a dollar bill with neil bush and the savings and loan fiasco on the front and skull and crossbones on the back
Lets see them get elected after that. I would say I love the country, but when i was a child i thought as a child. I said the pledge of allegiance. Because it said under God i said it. Now I don't say it. I pledge allegience to the truth which modern education tells us is undefineable. there is only situational ethics. Let us put a picture of Callicles on our currency. Let us put the phrase" whatever ' wins the argument over calloicles position. on the bill. Let's put maybe in greed we trust. Kick em when their up-kick em when their down would look good. Perhaps secret police, shadow government and lies and deception printed in small micro print would be the security feature, along with the twin towers for a watermark. Might as well put a holographic image of the towers crumbling to the ground and the phrase. Our republic and its principles fell owing to fear - the nation New Phoenix rises from the ashes. United Mafia Federation of World States Arises. My faith in America is dashed as you can tell. I wish it were not so. This morning I saw on Ats a statement that sums up the lost faith I have experienced. The government claims the Kennedy assassination was done by a lone gunman. Then where is the National security reason for non disclosure of documents? The talking head on the news the other night said now we know the mafia killed John F. Kennedy. Duh. After all the shows on tv I have seen that seem to point to the cia and the Mob, Now they admit to the mob. But still point away from our own....you know it's getting bad. I don't even believe anything they say anymore. I can only play along. Uh huh right. After all the secrecy and lies now if the government came out on TV and one day just said ok, here's all the truth about this and that. I might walk away to get cigarette at the store, thinking yeah, right. So you see the dollar means nothing to me anymore. screw the dollar. Can't trust it. Can't trust the government. Anarchy? Isn't that what we have in government now? Someone had better do something to restore our faith or there will be another Boston tea party and instead of tea being thrown into the harbor it should be the politicians.

[Edited on 29-11-2003 by tr]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
let's just say, the euro going into the ukraine/USSR will be a blessing to some...a disaster for others.
for others' i mean the gvrnmnt.
an average pensioner gets 15 dollars' a month....
compare that with britain

taxes could soar, things could mess up.
but all will head for the better
Cyrus
ps: if u didnt catch the hint, i'm in support, payment increased in the U.S.S.R has been a dream lasting 6 decades already, it's time for a treat for these overused people.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I believe there were two reasons for the invasion of Iraq. The main U.S. reason was to put the boot squarely on the neck of OPEC nations in the region. If they saw us take over Iraq, and we are in control of Iraq's oil, then surely they would do the same to Iran, for example.
Unfortunately, things are not working out so well for us in Iraq. And the world is not playing along.
The U.S. has managed to piss off not only the entire Arab world in this process, but seems to be pushing even our staunchest allies away from us with our arrogance and brute force. Bad shyte's comin'. As powerful as the U.S. is, it cannot hope to take on the entire world. All it will take to collapse the U.S. economy is a shift in the oil currency. The fact that the U.S. media is completely silent on this issue should be a huge red flag. Economic warfare is just as deadly as war.

or economic warfare is already the beginning....which scares the # outta me to think that, has the war already begun??

the media is silent on these matters, their work depends on profit...not truth.
ok, errrm...*thinks this out thoroghly*, yes it has begun, the war with iraq was the starting point, it's all downhill from now.
the U.S's eonomy is likely to crumble, europe has been all too silent on this matter, the U.S has officially dropped flat on it's face, no one bought the "bush saving the iraqi people" theorem...
wow, good thinking/good post!!
u have officially stated the too obvious *takes hat off*
wish i'd gone down that train of thought, only i was too focused on the event in it's concentrated values'
a.k.a:i'm still too narrowminded to foresee events in full scale

:bnghd:

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Here ya go, lets throw a 'monkey' wrench into all this discussion.

"Oil cartel and Russia on
the verge of a cold war"

Link:
www.manilatimes.net...

Very good read and quite informative on OPEC and Russia......

Also of note is that under the table, US oil giants are shifting their attention to Nigeria's 50% unproducing oil.......and Nigeria is slowly drifting out of OPEC.

None the less, the US needs to continue to seek alternative fuels are commence drilling Anwar...or pursue a more agressive approach/trade with Mexico's oil.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

or economic warfare is already the beginning....which scares the # outta me to think that, has the war already begun??

the media is silent on these matters, their work depends on profit...not truth.
ok, errrm...*thinks this out thoroghly*, yes it has begun, the war with iraq was the starting point, it's all downhill from now.
the U.S's eonomy is likely to crumble, europe has been all too silent on this matter, the U.S has officially dropped flat on it's face, no one bought the "bush saving the iraqi people" theorem...
wow, good thinking/good post!!
u have officially stated the too obvious *takes hat off*
wish i'd gone down that train of thought, only i was too focused on the event in it's concentrated values'
a.k.a:i'm still too narrowminded to foresee events in full scale

:bnghd:

Don't worry, man, you're coming along. Keep thinking. Keep digging. You're ahead of a lotta people.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Here ya go, lets throw a 'monkey' wrench into all this discussion.

"Oil cartel and Russia on
the verge of a cold war"

Link:
www.manilatimes.net...

Very good read and quite informative on OPEC and Russia......

Also of note is that under the table, US oil giants are shifting their attention to Nigeria's 50% unproducing oil.......and Nigeria is slowly drifting out of OPEC.

None the less, the US needs to continue to seek alternative fuels are commence drilling Anwar...or pursue a more agressive approach/trade with Mexico's oil.

regards
seekerof

Just what exactly is Russia up to? I mean, based on their known reserves (6%) how can they keep pumping out so much oil and expect to still be standing on down the road?
They probably see OPEC as being screwed, with our forces breathing down their necks and the dollar's downward movement against the euro. They're probably sitting back and waiting for us to take over OPEC. I see Russia, as I've said before, completely aligning themselves with the European Union and vice versa.
And what to make of American companies getting into the Russian oil act? What is that? Completely surrounding OPEC?
Whatever the situation is, you can bet Russia does not have the U.S.'s best interests at stake.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join