It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how long will U.S. troops stay in Iraq. The Answer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Today Bush said another president will asume the responsibility for pulling out all of the troops in Iraq.

Troops to stay in Iraq for Years

Bush has adamantly refused to set a deadline for the withdrawal of U.S. forces from Iraq. Asked if there would come a day when there would be no more U.S. forces in Iraq, Bush said, "That, of course, is an objective. And that will be decided by future presidents and future governments of Iraq."

He seems so optimistic but thinks about keeping U.S. troops in Iraq for more than 3 years?

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> mod edit to use external quote code

[edit on 21-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Till at least 2008 from what I just read in my scourges around the net...

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well since he says future Presidents in plural must mean more than 4 or more years after the 2008 elections.
Of course I doubt it be that long. The next president may decide to pull out for political gain and also adding the factor as to which party that wins the White House.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Let's put it this way, it depends on what party takes the presidency in 2008. If a democrat takes it, we will pull out within a year. If a republican wins the election, depending on how conservative they are, we could stay there for a long time.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
20 years and an air strike on iran will mean 50 years. now which one will you choose?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Other documents and from Alex Jones, yes about 20 years....thats if no attacks happen here at home...If the globalists push the satanic agenda which they are, then more attacks will happen, war will expand through out Iran, Syria the middle east....but I believe in divine intervention....and believe a change is coming....the big war in the middle east is among us....and the anti-christ will try to rise.....and then divine intervention will occur and hopefully bring about a change.....

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
What I find troublesome is the easy way in which the president that started the present conflict in Iraq would bail out so easily and leave it to the next presidents to get the country from the mess he created.

Another thing that trouble me the very much is how our troops are at the mercy of the government of Iraq to decide for the fate of our own soldiers, I don't think that the troops will appreciate that one.

Funny how Mission accomplish was such a photo and public opinion polls momentum.

Yes is nice to roll the ball to the next president that will come, unless . . . you know who the president may be. . .

I wonder.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The President can waltz around the country protraying how good things are going over in Iraq but it's not going to be a cakewalk. We (US) destablised that region and it will take the people there to pull it back to a regional normalcy. I don't think it will stay a democracy but will slide more toward Irans form of governing. All we will be able to do now is assist in keeping stability in check. We will be there for 7 or more years regardless of the polictal shift in DC. During that time the people in the region will continue to show more disdaine for us being there until at some point we are asked to leave. What leverage we had in having a say in world oil markets has been lost. Lets just hope the rumours about Halibuton siphoning oil for it's gain from Iraq are just rumours as that would start more trouble.
Folks, get ready to start paying taxes, this train is gaining speed down the mountain and its going to take major ducks to stop it.

"I see Tunnel at the end of the Light"

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Before the invasion Bush said it would be as long as it takes and not a day longer. If we knew then what we know now...

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
George checked with Hillary and Bill and they said that Hillary is gonna take over so don't worry.

They need to keep Iraq under control until they can take down Iran. They want to build the pipeline from the Caspian to the South Asia Sea. I think it will make the Rothschilds/Rockefellers annother Trillion Dollar$ or something like that.

new topics

top topics

join