It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US asks Iran for Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I know some people might be a bit embarrassed about this, but its true.

Lets be honest now.

No one doubts anymore that America was stuck in Iraq. Washington simply didn't know what to do.

So Uncle Sam turned to its old enemy Iran for help.

Is it possible for a President to fall any lower?

Remember that since 1979 Iran has been
calling United States The Great Satan; and US labelled Iran Axis of Evil in 2002.

Cut it in anyway you like, but the sad truth is United States has just asked Iran for assistance.

Iran Please Help US

news.bbc.co.uk...

and it gets more disgraceful:

It appear that Miss Condi Rice doesn't know that her own boss Mr President is banking on the same banker to save US Marines from bankruptcy in Iraq.

CNN

On the day that US was speaking of first pre-emptive strike on Iran, Iran was saying they were willing to help US in Iraq.

Strikes v Help

This is clearly a gesture of political goodwill.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The thread title is very misleading..

All those articles say is the US is interested in talking with iran about iraq, and Irans involvement or lack off, in terrorism/funding terrorism...

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well, whether title misleading or not, and whoever asked first, the fact that dialog over Iraq will take place is better than nothing. As it stood, Iran had us upset at them over two major issues. At least now there is hope of one of them getting resolved, which may hopefully lead to the other one getting resolved as well.

But I must admit keeping a very suspicious eye open, and really, the additional stalling for time is worrysome in light of other reports claiming Iranian officials boasting of deliberately stalling the US while they secretly developed their enrichment process.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I would agree, COle.
Seems mr conspiracy is continuing on his path in misinterpretation.

And you are correct, TrueAmerican: a dialog is better than no dialog.
The quandry here is deciphering stalling antics from geniune discussion.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well actually, after reading all those articles, yeah the title is misleading. This guy must have taken lessons from Soficrow.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
man i hate rice so bad! her boyfreind was iranian and he dumped her so no wonder he keeps a hard tune on us. the problem is what if we really helped out and get backstabbed? shouldnt even think of that right now

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What "rice" you referring to, Mehran.
White, long grain, medium grain, Jasmine, Basmati, Mochi, Arborio, Brown, Paddy, Wild, Black, among thousands of other type "Rice."

Help me out here, cause I was not aware that "Rice" had boyfriends or girlfriends....

seekerof

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think you left out a key ingredient there, Seeker...

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
why is the title misleading?

I mean what are they going to talk about?

the weather maybe?

or maybe Play Station 3

or maybe US officals will interrogate the Iranians about the 1980 hostage crisis?

what?

everything is clear from the links provided.

I might not like it but I have to face it.

US is going to ask Iran to help to try and stem the Iraqi insurgency and ways to prevent a civil war.

I just stated the obvious. some guys just can't stomach the hard truth.

pride gets in the way. i know its painful. truth always is.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by mr conspiracy]

JAK

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There is a thread discussing this topic here Please add any further thoughts on the subject there.

Thank you.

Closing...

Jak

new topics

top topics

join