It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

43% of voters in favor of actually impeaching the President

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Polls are about as acurate as a blind man at a rifle range.

I'd be more in favor of tossing out the entire Senate and Congress. Buncha baboons.

The best way to control spending would be to pass a bill requiring even distribution of Govt. funds. What one state recieves so do the other 49. Watch the pork be reduced to zero and Congressman actually have to do something useful to be reelected. It would never get passed tho.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Originally posted by djohnsto77
But if they do, I think it'll backfire and they may lose any chance of retaking the presidency in 2008.

What do you base that on? It didnt stop the Republicans from winning the next election after they tried, and failed, to impeach Clinton.

Well, actually they impeached, but did not remove Clinton... But nonetheless, I agree with you that djohnston77's assessment on that narrow issue makes little sense. In fact, the way things look, if the Republicans loose Congress in the next round of elections, this is setting up as an exact repeat of the Clinton scenario.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
What do you base that on? It didnt stop the Republicans from winning the next election after they tried, and failed, to impeach Clinton.

Clinton was impeached, just not convicted, for lying under oath. It may have been about a personal issue, but it was still something any normal person would have gone to jail for. Bush won in 2000 only barely, and that was because Gore was so awful and actually made a mistake by trying to distance himself too much.

If articles of impeachment are drawn up against Bush on the sole basis of wiretapping terrorists (i.e. basically doing his job), the Dems will go down in flames.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by Mahree

Originally posted by Mahree
This is very true. Polls can be rigged.

I am open to the suggestion that there is some deficiency in the poll... BUT, not if anyone can't point to a specific one with THIS poll.

There was only one question asked in this poll, however it wasn't the one you are reporting.

The title of your thread reads:

43% of voters in favor of actually impeaching the President
my emphasis

The question the poll asks is a little different.American Research Group, Inc.

Do you favor or oppose the United States Senate passing a resolution censuring President George W. Bush for authorizing wiretaps of Americans within the United States without obtaining court orders?

my emphasis

Huh???
Sometimes I feel like I've entered the Twilight Zone when on this board...

Did you even look at the link you provided? American Research Group, Inc.

:shk:

[edit on 17-3-2006 by loam]

Here's the link to the Homepage for Raw Story:

rawstory.com...

Hmm...any Homepage that touts an ad entitled "Meet Single Democrats In Your Area." is suspect to me.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint
Hmm...any Homepage that touts an ad entitled "Meet Single Democrats In Your Area." is suspect to me.

external image

Hmmmm... Under your logic, then, Mary Matalin should not be trusted!

Hey! Maybe that's why Bush and crew are so off base.... They've been infiltrated...

:shk:

[edit on 17-3-2006 by loam]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I just saw someone on MSNBC from Newsweek and he said their latest poll said 26% favored impeachment with 69% opposed. That sounds much more realistic to me than 43%.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Greetings Fellow Believers,

Impeaching President Bush isn't a good idea. To have a meaningful discussion about President Bush--use his title and name. Tossing nicknames into the discussion doesn't help--and assuredly dismisses your arguments.

I voted for George W. Bush. Given responsibility for representation at the polls shouldn't be slighted by any of us. President Bush was in the driver's seat for his first term and was the only choice for our present situation in the Middle East. There is a two-term limit for the presidency--and I support a formal investigation after he steps down as president.

Impeachment trials are mockeries. The media goes into a frenzy while the rest of the world is amused.

The facts of President Bush's lies, and the lies of both executive and legislative branches of the United States government, brought the U.S. into a no-win situation in the Middle East. When President Bush steps down--the real fighting is going to start.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
No President will ever be prosecuted, at least successfully, after his/her term in office is up. The following President, regardless of political affiliation, would pardon said President. It would take a major offense to be even attempted, treason, or a crime of that nature. Ordering wiretaps doesn't quite qualify as a treasonable offense.

My reasoning on why a President would pardon his predisessor is thus: If you think the partison bickering is bad now? You ain't seen nothin' yet. It would be open warfare between the parties. The new President would be a lame duck before his/her inaugural address was finished. Simple self preservation would require it.

Hmmm...that might open the way for a multi-party system to form. But since it is not going to happen. No point in pondering it.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Here's a link, djohnsto77

Poll.

In today’s strongly polarized political climate, roughly one in four American adults (26 percent) say they think Congress should actually impeach President Bush and consider removing him from office. There is in fact no effort to do this on the Hill, and the public mood appears to be more a reflection of the passionate sentiment against Bush in some quarters rather than considered support for actual legislative action. (Some recent national polls show about 45 percent of adults strongly disapprove of the president’s performance.) The NEWSWEEK poll shows that only 5 percent of Republicans would support impeaching Bush, while 94 percent would not. Among Democrats, almost half (49 percent) support impeachment, while 48 percent oppose it. Overall, 69 percent do not think Congress should consider removing him from office.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
26% is IMHO not much more than the hardcore left-wing base constituency who'd probably want to impeach any conservative president no matter what, so, if accurate, not too surprising.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
...the hardcore left-wing base constituency who'd probably want to impeach any conservative president no matter what...

I hope you are wrong...

The "no matter what" crowd is tearing this country apart...

[edit on 18-3-2006 by loam]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

denythestatusquo:

Are you familiar with the term "statistical sampling"?

Indeed I am, I'm also familiar with the following:

leading questions, strawman arguments, and 'polling to targeted demographics for highly probable responses.'

The sample size is still statisically small for this poll, the only redeeming feature of the poll design was the 'narrow time frame' utilized. But even that does not account for the leading questions used.

If I called people and asked the following:

Do you think that President Bush should be impeached?

Is obviously a lot stronger question than what was asked.

If I asked:

President Bush has indicated that wiretaps were used in order to ensure national security even though current laws do not support them, do you think the President should be impeached?

would again provide different responses from most people.

If I made all the calls into a so-called Blue State then I expect different results than if I made all the calls into a so-called Red State too., that is why poll location or distribution is so important eg. randomizing effect. Nowhere was it indicated as a poll across the USA either that I remember seeing in the details.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Even if it is 29% who favor impeachment, which I think is a little low, it's still something. If more than 10% want him out, then I think that's a huge problem. I want him out. I have dust bunnies with more intelligence.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Hmmmm... Under your logic, then, Mary Matalin should not be trusted!

Does Mary have a "Find Single Democrats in Your Area" link on her website? If so, then yes, my brow is cocked and her website just fell a few points on the credibility scale.

Hey, I'd say the same thing if ad said "Wanna go trawling for NeoCons?"

[edit on 21-3-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Poll size is 1,100?? for a country the size of 300,000,000??

Buddy, up here in Canada that is considered a small poll, what is it in the US??

Also, no talk about distribution at all, in other words all the calls could have been into New York City which is heavily Democratic.

This poll is not very accurate in my opinion, any other experts want to challenge me on this?

Trust me, no matter how you try to explain this to some people they won't get it. They'll keep believing that while the elections where millions of people voted were rigged, such small polls are not rigged at all....

I don't believe polls like this one one bit.

If you were to take that poll in Wyoming, I assure you that most people will be in favor of Bush, it all depends on where and who you ask. These polls can be easily rigged to show something which is not true.

These people think that as long as there is a papertrail ,such polls can't be rigged right loam?....

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
you all Bush lovers like him only becouse hes such a dumbo, he makes you look good

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack of Scythes
The facts of President Bush's lies, and the lies of both executive and legislative branches of the United States government, brought the U.S. into a no-win situation in the Middle East. When President Bush steps down--the real fighting is going to start.

I guess then expresident Clinton will be under investigation also for making the same statements as president Bussh did?....

I guess that most of the world's intelligence agencies should also be under investigation because they all said the same thing?.....

I guess that the Russian government will be investigated for, on the one hand claiming to the world that the United States had no reason for invading Iraq, on the other hand Intelligence agencies, and including president Putin were telling and giving evidence to president Bush and the U.S. intelligence agencies that Saddam was preparing to make terrorist attacks in the U.S.

You think any, or all of the above will happen?....

[edit on 21-3-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
you all Bush lovers like him only becouse hes such a dumbo, he makes you look good

How old are you kid, 8 years old?

When you grow up you can come and be part of a discussion with the rest of the adults, otherwise keep your insults for your classmates.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

How old are you kid, 8 years old?

When you grow up you can come and be part of a discussion with the rest of the adults, otherwise keep your insults for your classmates.

i kid i kid man !!

its too early in the morning

no hard feelings

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I've asked a lot of people why they keep saying that Bush is stupid but I never get a straight response.

Why is Bush stupid in your eyes? Since you declared this, I'm not going to defend him but let you or anybody else tell me why he is so stupid then.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join