It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

43% of voters in favor of actually impeaching the President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Poll: Americans slightly favor plan to censure

A new poll finds that a pluraplity of Americans favor plans to censure President George W. Bush, while a surprising 42% favor moves to actually impeach the President.

More...

More people are finally waking up...

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It's not worth the effort in my eyes. Who is going to replace him? Cheney? Thats a laugh. There needs to be a complete overhaul of the entire Western hemisphere before we get back on track. Impeaching one muppet just to be replaced by another muppet or shill will only distract the general populace and when its finished it will lull them into a false sense of achievement.

"Ding dong the witch is dead!" No, the witch's financiers and puppeteers just ushered in a replacement with an untarnished reputation to carry out even greater abuses.

Looking on the bright side, maybe this is the Worldwide depression we have to have. Maybe people will listen, and take note, as to why they are now living in poverty. When they are told that they are broke because of some international banker they might listen when they cant even afford bread. It's hard to make people listen to the dangers around them when they're living a life of relative comfort.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Subz you got it in one, it is the international Banksters who are the real criminals here. Though I would very much like to see Bushie and the boys hung changing the actors is not going to change the story of the play.

I posted about this yesterday in that unknown forum PTS

Zogby Poll: Americans Support Impeaching Bush for Wiretapping

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I know that I should be happy to have Bush impeach but hey like subz said who is going to replace him, Cheney? He may shot us all by mistake

Truly is what we need is the congress to change hands so Bush can be controlled that is all that is needed.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
With all due respect to the posters in this thread....While I understand your practical arguments against impeachment, what I want is thereafter for him to be CONVICTED, if he is in fact guilty of a crime. The LAW should equally apply to him.

I say let the chips fall where they may.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by loam]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
By all means convict him when he leaves office. But at the moment, having him as a lame duck President is a lot more useful to us than a brand-spankin' new POTUS. Does any one really think any new POTUS will not be an international banker puppet?

The only way impeaching President Bush would help matters is if the Federal Reserve was abolished beforehand and sweeping arrests of the banking cartel wordwide occured.

[edit on 16/3/06 by subz]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't know what all the fuss is about I just like the guy for some reason. I feeel fine with him being president. Hell I wish he could could run again wouldn't it be phenomenol to have the same president for three terms.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
I don't know what all the fuss is about I just like the guy for some reason. I feeel fine with him being president. Hell I wish he could could run again wouldn't it be phenomenol to have the same president for three terms.

Puttin On The Ritz indeedy, you must live there to be pleased with President Bush's performance. The fact that your country has a debt that will take more than 100 years to pay off doesnt bother you? How about the fact that the United States will technically be bankrupt on March 20th 2006 because it will have reached the Debt ceiling? All's not peachy.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
yea loam is right. If one of us did wiretappin we'd be in county jail in no time.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
What was the poll size, how was the poll conducted and where, and what was the questions asked in the poll?

Anybody that knows polling knows that anybody can create a result and claim a given percentage of people believe whatever.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Anybody that knows polling knows that anybody can create a result and claim a given percentage of people believe whatever.

Well actually it was feature even in Fox this afternoon. So I believe is pretty belivable.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

What was the poll size, how was the poll conducted and where, and what was the questions asked in the poll?

The answers you seek can be found here:

American Research Group

EDIT: So completely edited, it ain't even funny.... Ok it is...

Thank you Springer for the gentle reminder...

[edit on 17-3-2006 by loam]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Because I'm feeling charitable tonight, I'll save you at least 25 of those 30 seconds.

So this is you in charitable mode, eh?

Impeachment. Oh dear. Where to begin. How bout somewhere before the Fed and after the great depression?

Question is, is the case really there for impeachment, and I think that could be argued out all day, and into the next several years. Problem is, we ain't got that long, and I'd agree with subz that a new POTUS could potentially be worse than what we have now. I did really like this though:

The only way impeaching President Bush would help matters is if the Federal Reserve was abolished beforehand and sweeping arrests of the banking cartel wordwide occured.

Add to that a new POTUS committed to reducing fractional lending, boosting reserve requirements, retracting some currency in circulation in proportion to those reserves, and you got yourself a deal.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

The answers you seek can be found here:

American Research Group

EDIT: So completely edited, it ain't even funny.... Ok it is...

Thank you Springer for the gentle reminder...

Poll size is 1,100?? for a country the size of 300,000,000??

Buddy, up here in Canada that is considered a small poll, what is it in the US??

Also, no talk about distribution at all, in other words all the calls could have been into New York City which is heavily Democratic.

This poll is not very accurate in my opinion, any other experts want to challenge me on this?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
denythestatusquo:

Are you familiar with the term "statistical sampling"?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Are you familiar with the term "statistical sampling"?

Accordingly, loam, "statistical sampling" inherently has it's flaws (precision, accuracy, bias, etc.), especially when not using sufficient numbers and methodology (ie: was the "statistical sampling" performed scientifically, etc).
The How and Why of Statistical Sampling

Further, a good read on "statistical sampling" can be found in reading Flaws and Fallacies in Statistical Thinking by Stephen K. Campbell.

Btw, those "statistical samplings" took at the exit polls indicating that Kerry had a huge early lead proved about as reliable as this survey/poll does. What you think?

seekerof

[edit on 17-3-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
No doubt, Seekerof....but are you alledging some inherent flaw in this particular poll?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   

No doubt, Seekerof....but are you alledging some inherent flaw in this particular poll?

Of course not.

I am simply stating the obvious concerning "statistical sampling."
My thoughts on Bush being impeached are quite known, as yours are, for though an impeachment may take place, his Oval Office tenure will be fulfilled. In other words, an impeachment will not result in the premature removal of Bush from completing is term as POTUS. Just ask Clinton.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Careful...removal for high crimes and misdemeanors takes on a different meaning when one considers transgressions more material than lying about one's love affairs....

Of course, you are most likely correct...and my position is mostly wishful thinking.... But I can always hope.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   

...and my position is mostly wishful thinking...

No, you are on spot (your position), to a great degree, loam.
If his polls numbers continue to fall, coupled with the 2006 senate elections--and the Senate becomes Democrat controlled--the calls for impeachment will grow in all probability. That is not a good scenerio for Bush or the administration, though they know he will remain to complete his tenure.

Personally, the best bet would be to move to censure, but again, that will likely take a Democrat controlled Senate to happen.
Do remember though, that censure and impeachment are two distinctive processes.

Your political wish(es) may yet be fulfilled.

seekerof

[edit on 17-3-2006 by Seekerof]

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join