It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

43% of voters in favor of actually impeaching the President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
You guys feel like getting into your particular reasons for censure and/or impeachment? I mean, is this straight down the party lines with the congressional proposals, or are we talkin 9/11 here?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Greetings Fellow Believers,

I was fascinated by the "debt ceiling". Did you say March 20th, 2006? Is this the national debt ceiling or simply the fiscal-year government expenditure?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Personally, the best bet would be to move to censure

Looks like that's what Feingold's got in the works, if they pass his resolution.

msnbc.msn.com... Source: MSNBC
Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wisc., introduced a measure in the Senate to censure President Bush over the domestic eavesdropping program.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I’m not a Dick lover but at least Dick has a dam brain. He may be a corrupt, but Dick is not stupid and he is not totally incompetent like Bush. Dick has at least achieved things on his own where Bush is a spoon feed little brat. Love Dick or hate Dick unlike Bush you have to respect the man.

Give Dick a Chance he can't be any worse then Bush.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
What was the poll size, how was the poll conducted and where, and what was the questions asked in the poll?

Anybody that knows polling knows that anybody can create a result and claim a given percentage of people believe whatever.

This is very true. Polls can be rigged. When I lived in New Hampshire I was called for polls a number of times.

A question asked would have a choice of three answers. Such as:
What is the worst problem facing our country? a. Iraq, b. finance reform, c. national debt. I may want to answer, "none of the above", but the poll doesn't allow for that. I must answer with one of the given answers.

When the poll is published the answer is one of the three listed even though the majority of Americans, or even the people who take the poll don't feel that way.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree
This is very true. Polls can be rigged.

I am open to the suggestion that there is some deficiency in the poll... BUT, not if anyone can't point to a specific one with THIS poll.

Saying that because some polls can be rigged, none should be trusted, is like saying because some people commit crimes, all people should be viewed with suspicion....

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I am open to the suggestion that there is some deficiency in the poll... BUT, not if anyone can't point to a specific one with THIS poll.

There was only one question asked in this poll, however it wasn't the one you are reporting.

The title of your thread reads:

my emphasis

The question the poll asks is a little different.American Research Group, Inc.

Do you favor or oppose the United States Senate passing a resolution censuring President George W. Bush for authorizing wiretaps of Americans within the United States without obtaining court orders?

my emphasis

From Wikipedia:

Impeachment:

In the constitutions of several countries, impeachment is the first of two stages in a specific process for a legislative body to remove a government official without that official's agreement.

Censure:

Censure is a congressional procedure for publicly reprimanding the President of the United States or a member of Congress for inappropriate behavior. When the president is censured, it serves merely as a condemnation and has no direct effect on the validity of presidency. Unlike impeachment, censure has no basis in the Constitution, or in the rules
of the Senate and House of Representatives. It derives from the formal condemnation of either congressional body of their own members.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Can anybody please explain to me what in the HELL is the point of censuring a president? I mean really. A slap on the hand would be worse. Now impeachment maybe ok. But censure?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

A new poll finds that a pluraplity of Americans favor plans to censure President George W. Bush, while a surprising 42% favor moves to actually impeach the President.

This is a representative democracy, not a mobocracy.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack of Scythes
Greetings Fellow Believers,

I was fascinated by the "debt ceiling". Did you say March 20th, 2006? Is this the national debt ceiling or simply the fiscal-year government expenditure?

It was the national debt ceiling. The US sentate just approved a bill to increase the national debt ceiling to $9 trillion (up from $8.184 trillion). If the bill was not passed the US would of defaulted on its debts, not exactly a scenario a super-power should find itself in.

However, raising the debt ceiling is a band-aid solution. The US is bankrupt, except it has the option of printing more money (at interest). Not a clever option when it devalues the dollar even further making it harder to pay off future debts.

Senate votes to raise US debt ceiling to nine trillion dollars

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What we need, is an all out Bush, and his entire administration impeachment. We need to abolish this 2 party system and have campaign finance reform ..so the little guys can run too.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The time of apathy has pasted.
The time of action is now.
Do you feel pain for those less fortunate than yourself?
Capitalism and the machine of war and poverty is spreading its arms throughout the world.
Free trade destroys nations.
Greed destroys nations.
Power hungry leaders destroy nations.

Have you heard of The movement that is so far underground.....the word underground itself....has no further meaning?

SOLO

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

There was only one question asked in this poll, however it wasn't the one you are reporting.

The title of your thread reads:

my emphasis

The question the poll asks is a little different.American Research Group, Inc.

Do you favor or oppose the United States Senate passing a resolution censuring President George W. Bush for authorizing wiretaps of Americans within the United States without obtaining court orders?

my emphasis

Huh???
Sometimes I feel like I've entered the Twilight Zone when on this board...

Did you even look at the link you provided? American Research Group, Inc.

:shk:

[edit on 17-3-2006 by loam]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What urks me the most about Bush is his arrogance when asked questions that he clearly feels he does not have to answer. The smirk, grin, and chuckle responses say alot about his mental disposition. The rumors of drug (past issues) and alcohol abuse I find very disturbing. To get back on track yes it is clear he did brake the law. Will anyone really hold him accountable?

Most nations have a much longer history than the USA and based on those longer historical records we based our Constitution. With our Constitution we hoped to avoid the reckless horrors that countrys in Europe experienced. However we will have to live through some very hard times if politicians such as Bush and his constituents ignore the constitution.

Sworn to fight all enemies foreign and "domestic"

[edit on 17-3-2006 by IntelRetard]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Let's not impeach him before we give him a chance to go and act as the commander in chief he thinks he should be. Let's see him go to to Iraq and set up shop, since its getting to be so "safe" there.

Bush can just as easily run the country from Bahgdad as from Washington. Won't miss him much and I hear his spell check'll work for any of his emails.

On top of that, he can show us exactly what kind of patriot he really is. He can even fly a plane and show us some more of his aviations skills.

A president with so many skills....impeach? Don't be ridiculous!

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Huh???
Sometimes I feel like I've entered the Twilight Zone when on this board...

Did you even look at the link you provided?

My apologies, I did not scroll down far enough. I will now take my "red face" back to the twilight zone.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

My apologies, I did not scroll down far enough. I will now take my "red face" back to the twilight zone.

That's ok
I've blundered far worse.... It happens to the best of us...

Thanks for clearing it up as a mistake...

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I question this poll results too...but, it is quite possible the democrats will try to impeach Bush if they retake the House this fall. But if they do, I think it'll backfire and they may lose any chance of retaking the presidency in 2008. And if they do impeach him, he'll still never be removed from office as that would require 2/3rds of the Senate and there's no way they'd get anywere near that unless some new earth-shattering revelation came out.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
...unless some new earth-shattering revelation came out.

Doesn't that happen about every four hours now?

Regardless, I'm inclined to agree that it's a long shot.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by loam]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
But if they do, I think it'll backfire and they may lose any chance of retaking the presidency in 2008.

What do you base that on? It didnt stop the Republicans from winning the next election after they tried, and failed, to impeach Clinton.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join