It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's Seal Hunt to Get Under Way

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeoPetroEngGuy
Anyone remember when the Canadian Navy blasted that Spansih fishing boat while poaching Canadian waters? Killed 6 people I think.

Canada has a Navy?
Is that like this boat armed with a heavy machine gun?

As for the seal hunts and the horror. I'm glad there are so many protestors. I especially respect the ones that get real upset, then go home and eat processed chicken, beef, or veal.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Not going to go either way with this touchy subject. I just find it ironic that if these seals weren't so cute, this activity probably wouldn't even get noticed.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
As for the seal hunts and the horror. I'm glad there are so many protestors. I especially respect the ones that get real upset, then go home and eat processed chicken, beef, or veal.

having been vegetarian for the last 12 years , i could say that eating meat on a regular basis or club the heck out of a baby seal..
there's no difference

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I can understand all the biz on the animals suffering and the cruelty, but saying that eating meat is murder or putting animals on the same plane as humans is not my type of belief. Putting animals on the same plane as human beings does nothing for animal welfare (yes- people should care for the welfare not rights of animals) and brings us down. I find the whole seal issue to be just so dishonest and oportunistic, I also really dislike a group which funds arson and property damage but has the balls to try to tell me that eating meat is "evil" (while supporting abortion- don't forget that those seal protesters don't care about human young but are putting a fuss over a non-existent baby seal clubbing).

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
LOL OMG zedd lol

i would'nt mind having that boat errr "floatation device" with a lmg like omg still funny though lol

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
ok the only defense you have is there cute..... the fact is from all this senseless killing of young things. Veal, fruits, vegetables, eggs, chickens, pigs, yes us westerners love to kill young things. ( Ever heard of a partial birth abortion? You easterners have those… you know sucking the brains out of babies on there way out)

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It must be very sad for you to wake up each morning.

:shk:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by engenerQ
ok the only defense you have is there cute..... the fact is from all this senseless killing of young things. Veal, fruits, vegetables, eggs, chickens, pigs, yes us westerners love to kill young things. Ever heard of a partial birth abortion? You easterners have those… you know sucking the brains out of babies on there way out… ill club a seal anyday.
in a famous quote "save a seal club a liberal"

Hi

How about we talk about the seals, and leave abortion for another time and place, because that just begging to get things off topic.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
na not realy i love life and this world just evryone is so atached to the here and now and some one has to stay detached and make others think. there is nothign dark or bad from what i said unfortunatly death is part of life. and killing seals has been proven to not have any termanal impact on that population. there species will go on and so will we

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
anyway, I find the abortion issue interesting. No problem sucking the brains out of a baby coming out, firebomb a chicken farm. Never will understand those PETA freaks. Nope never. EngenerQ, maybe you should have been kinder though (I'm calling PETA freaks because they are wingnuts, nobody here is a PETA member...RIGHT? )

[edit on 23-3-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake
Whichever way you cut the cake this is an unbelievably shameful, cruel and despicable practice that should have been stopped years ago. The rank arrogance of the Canadian Government in ignoring the pleas from millions of people over years is hard to understand.

This has nothing to do with cuteness in my book this is to do with treating animals and defenceless animals at that with respect and in a humane way. This practice is neither respectful nor humane.

Shame – shame – shame..

Wha! Didn`t you read the previous posts. People need to EAT! If you have a problem with what they're eating, you give them something from your freezer.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So hunting seals is bad, but killing cows, chickens and pigs is okay i guess? Not to mention the seals at least get to live in freedom, where as the other animals mentioned are born and raised, and finally slaughtered in captivity.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Oh those little seals are so cute ^_^ I know people eat animals but why do they still hunt seals? I thought people didn't eat seals anymore

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
calves are cute too, but every time you drink milk one need's to be killed. You get the picture. Anyway, baby seals aren't killed simply because seal fur is banned, they are hunted for the flesh (thus adult seals only are killed).

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
I thought people didn't eat seals anymore

In recent years, the market has been poor but plenty of people still eat seal. Especially in Newfoundland where the hunt takes place.
Mainly the flippers are used in recipes but you can walk into many grocery stores in Newfoundland/Labrador and you will find canned seal meat.

Seal oil is a source of omega-3 fatty acids and is used to make the omega-3 supplements capsules I take 3 times a day.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Seals are eaten by Native peoples and their descendants. Everyone in Newfoundland eats a seal dish from time to time as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
How many here who believe that it is wrong to kill a baby seal feel that it is permissible to kill an unborn human?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
calves are cute too, but every time you drink milk one need's to be killed.

I thought they milked them alive.

I didn't read the entire thread, but I am very much against killing animals for fashion. But I support killing animals for food. We all have our line as to when it becomes ok to kill something.

Some say it's ok to kill adult seals, but not babies? Why not? It's all a matter of where we each draw our line.

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
How many here who believe that it is wrong to kill a baby seal feel that it is permissible to kill an unborn human?

Grady, believe it or not, one who supports choice doesn't necessarily think it's permissible to kill unborn humans. If you think that, you don't understand the position of pro-choice. But this discussion is not in any way about abortion. It's about seals. Born seals.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
permissible to kill an unborn human?

WRONG THREAD.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
WRONG THREAD.

The comparison is relevant, regardless of the inability or refusal of some to appreciate it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join