It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't believe it!!!!!! ATLANTIS finally found, and evidence of a different human race.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
OMG!! CONEHEADS!!!!

No, accualy...I was thinking Homer Simpson

Look!

rolandvb.topcities.com...

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by Curiosity]

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Uhm, guys... in case nobody's noticed, Cuba isn't anywhere NEAR the "location of Atlantis" on that rather bogus map.

And secondly, the skull is a type of cranial deformation practiced by the Mayans and Toltecs. They weren't born that way. They had boards and wrappings put around their heads when they were babies to help deform the heads. We know this because of all the skeletons we do have and the other artifacts we do have (babies with normal skulls, older children with slightly deformed skulls, adults with deformed skulls... and we also have the cords and other implements they used to shape the bones of the head. Check any museum with artifacts from Central Almerica.)

And, if memory serves, deforming the skull was only done in the upper classes. They also did things like file teeth and so forth.

All of what you said was in the article, well done for bothering to read it. If those of you who take this as evidence of Atlantis had done the same, you would have realised it has little to do with the legends.

Byrd is quite right about the cranial deformation. As for the monoliths found west of Cuba, which by the way is in the Carribean and therefore nowhere near the mid atalntic, I think that part of the island might have been submerged under water thousands of years ago, perhaps by seismic activity.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
There types of deformed skulls are actually faily common among pre-columbian Indian tribes. The Flatheads in Montanna practiced a similar technique, that involved wrapping the infant's head tightly to a plank. A wierd skull and a hand drawn map do not prove much. If Atlantis existed, it was probably an island, not a continent, unless it was America.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Perhaps the skull contributes to the evolution theory

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It was both... read the Critius text....(i.e. the source of the account).

Atlantis was both an Island capital, and a continent (presently known as South America)... The continent didn't sink, the capital city did.... Check out the evidence here...(though I've more to add to it still)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this website...

www.geocities.com...

And then the text itself...

www.sacred-texts.com...

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
That's a cool theory and a great site. I know about that Titicaca Aliplano and it's ruins. It's the place were Thor Hyendhal[sp?] got the design for the Kon-Tikki papyrus boat he used to cross the ocean, to prove his theory that the ancient hemisphere's were culturally related.
Sound's like a great contender for Atlantis, I like it!

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Still think the skull is the result of binding. Not so weird.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Where are the pictures of these giant ancestors... I read the article and i find no links with pics... i read on other web sites and they all refer to each other for proof... i look at museums that are supposed to have these remains and all i find is runaround... If there are pics... post links, i couldn't find any for such a well known artifact...

the scintific side has dealt with a few reports of giant "humanoid bones" and has debunkled all reports with evidence that they were animal bones, most likely placed by the "frauders" to try to fool investigators...
i have heard the stories and now i know the truth... NO GIANTS

as far as atlantis goes... i think the evidence of a pre historic civilization to be very evident, but not necessarily from this evidence.

I will soon reveal truth that we as humans were around millions of years before previously thought... in fact modern humans were around since the beginning of time. (i have to think this means we will eventually time travel back to the past to affect our future).

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Good job to all.

All that we know of Atlantis is that it's gone, if you've seen my previous posts on Atlantis you would see that it has a greater possibility of being at the bottom of the Meditteranian than the Atlantic Ocean or of the coast of Africa, but yet there is a theory out the of a supervolcano that was in the Atlantic.

Wonder if anyone else has seen it, by the way, I wonder if any of you have heard of the reptilian bodies discovered of the coast of Florida.

and yes there are pyramids in Italy and of the coast of the US.

Think twice before you post.

Dig deap enough in Africa, and you will find yourself treasures of undifinable reality.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Very odd, very very odd.

I'd like to approach this from a religious view but... hmmm.

It could either be a race from before the tower of babel, perhaps they created this massive civilization, also they could have been enhanced either by (cough)aliens(cough) or by their own advanced doing.

Plato was a pretty respectable guy, why make something up when he was ahead (ooh I almost made a joke there).

Atlantis is 85% possible in my eyes. But Mu? I've never heard of that! Kinda takes up the place where Australia would go, it's only slightly above it, but still... hmm... I must ponder this more.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Where would the continent/island go to. It isnt present now, unless it seperated and became smaller islands. Was Australia present then?

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I might be going out on a limb here, totally off the track, but could the Titanic have a connection with Atlantis?

I just had the thought that a huge ship sailing UK to USA that sank could have been some sort of symbolic ritual for the fall of Atlantis?

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The skull deformity is also practiced alot in Africa as well, skull wrapping to elngate the head.

But dont worry, Atlantis will be found, but i think they are looking in the wrong place, I think they need to look in the pacific ocean myself, if they are looking for lost continents.

However, Troy was once thought to be a myth and never had existed, yet they found Troy. Atlantis will be harder to find.

What if Antarctica was lemuria?

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
After nearly a decade of rummaging through libraries, studying maps, reading ancient works and analysising oceanographic data, an American researcher believes he has discovered the site of the lost civilisation on the sea floor between Cyprus and Syria, not far from Greece and Egypt, from where the legend of Atlantis originated.

'This is an area that has not been charted before,' Robert Sarmast told The Observer from his Los Angeles office. 'The submerged land mass we have located off Cyprus's coast matches Plato's famed description of Atlantis nearly perfectly.

observer.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Atlantis is/was South America.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well...Why don't they look where it the land looks odd or where it doesn't look like it fits.....If you don't know what I mean...I mean like where the land doesn't match to the other part of land (Like Africa and South America fit) ....where ever it doesn't match, then that is the place where Atlantis is/was...you know like how the land bridge to Alaska was...because Asia dose not fit with the panhandle of Alaska...

I hope that made sense to you all

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   
the skulls from peru have no sutures. humans have sutures. wrapping a skull will not cause the sutures(the cracks in your skull) to fuse. maybe i'm spelling it wrong. sue-churs? as in stitches. it's sutures, isn't it? the tops of these skulls are one piece. no cracks. smooth. humans have cracks. sutures.
wrapping, i doubt.

[Edited on 10-10-2003 by billybob]

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The sutures are not visible probably due to the deformation and/or the quality of the photo. Even a total lack of sutures, although wierd, would not be proof of ETs. Again, these skulls are fairly common.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Atlantis is/was South America.

Nice to agree on something there Ill!

1. The tale of Atlantis is repeatedly said to be a true story of history, not a fable, by Plato himself....at least 3 times in the Critias text.

2. He clearly describes both the continent and the capital city.

3. Both the continent, and the capital are described as islands.

4. Only the capital was destroyed, not the continent.

5. The Altiplano region in Brazil, South America, fits every description and location reference, right down to the measurements as given by Plato, red, white and brick walls, orichalcum, canal to the sea, location as midway on the continent's longest side.

6. We know that there was trade between the ancient Egyptians, and those in South America. This is evident in the aforementioned boat design, as well as materials found in mummies that only come from the South American continent.

7. There simply is NO other location on Earth that matches each detail of the account...without taking huge leaps of faith. No such leaps are needed with South America.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
You are correct in each case there Byrd (as usual, hehe).

YEAH BYRD IS THE MAN!

He knows EVERYTHING!! He found the secret of life, he discovered the meaning of existance. There is not a single thing in the whol universe that byrd wont find an answer for. Hell, the whole universe is like byrd's back yard!

Yeah!
BOW DOWN AND LEARN FROM BYRD!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join