posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 07:28 AM
Atlantis is/was South America.
Nice to agree on something there Ill!
1. The tale of Atlantis is repeatedly said to be a true story of history, not a fable, by Plato himself....at least 3
times in the Critias
2. He clearly describes both the continent and the capital city.
3. Both the continent, and the capital are described as islands.
4. Only the capital was destroyed, not the continent.
5. The Altiplano region in Brazil, South America, fits every description and location reference, right down to the measurements as given by Plato,
red, white and brick walls, orichalcum, canal to the sea, location as midway on the continent's longest side.
6. We know that there was trade between the ancient Egyptians, and those in South America. This is evident in the aforementioned boat design, as well
as materials found in mummies that only come from the South American continent.
7. There simply is NO
other location on Earth that matches each detail of the account...without taking huge leaps of faith. No such leaps are
needed with South America.