It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst movie based on a Comic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'd have to say the hulk because not only did the plot make little sense but you banner only transformed into hulk about 3 times during the whole dumb picture. yet even when he was hulk he didn't do much but run around like a big dummy and there was hardly any destruction from him being hulk.

[edit on 1/14/2008 by scorpionxx]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Darkman, was the absolute worst movie comic crossover. It was so bad I could almost puke...

What I want to see personally is Rob Zombie making a Johny the Homicidal Maniac movie. THAT would be a sick flick!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Was sky captain and the world of tommorrow based on a comic? If so it takes the trophy, sucked on ice. If not, definately cat woman.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by scorpionxx

I'm still not sure exactly what happened at the end of that movie, and I've seen it like 5 times. Not because I enjoyed it particularly, but because I really wanted to understand how Hulk beat the Absorbing Man. BTW, making the Absorbing Man Hulk's father is just completely ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Worst movie so far HAS to be Man-Thing, saw it this morning and nearly cryed, soooo bad.

Fox-Thing

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
DareDevil--Horrible mainly cause it was set as a love story.

Elektra--Horrible cause the fight scenes looked bad and horrible editing and camera angles

Hulk--I thought was good enough not happy with people complaining about all the action scenes

Hulk W/Thor--Acceptable for it's time

Superman4--Good on some scenes horrible on the rest

Punisher--1st Good for it's time, 2nd Somewhat better

F4--Seemed more towards little kids

Batman--1st Really good, 2nd Good, 3rd Only worth watching for Batgirl(Grrrr), 4th Good really liked Bane

Xmen 3--I thought was really good except for the loss of characters. But what a shock to see that many die.

I'm a little worried about Ironman. I have a feeling only the action will sell it. The Incredible Hulk looks great. Wolverine I hope is good.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Ghost Rider's gotta be up there definitly.
I had an exchange student from Japan over and he felt asleep whilst we were watching it in the theatre.
The first Hulk one was horrible.
Judge Dread was horrendous aswell, though it was fun to watch.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
My worst Comic Book Movies ever are as followed

5. Captain America
4. The Punisher (1989)
3. Men in Black II
2. The Son of the Mask
1. Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD

Honorable mention. The Rocketeer, Steel,
Ones that are going to suck that haven't come out yet Ant-Man, Wonder Woman.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
WTF AWARD
I see your:
Judge Dredd
Elektra
Howard the Duck
Superman 4
(I won't count any of the early Marvel)
and raise you a SWAMP THING. Love the comic but those movies were ssooo wtf.
Heck, Elektra and Howard the Duck was Shakespeare compared to that. (The USA-Network tv series was MUCH better too.)

SLEEPY AWARDS
Recent ones that put me to sleep:
Spiderman 3
Superman Returns
Catwoman
Punisher
Hulk
Ghost Rider
X-Men 2 & 3 (as corny as the Jessica Alba F4's were, I found them much more entertaining than these 2. Maybe they'll grow on me like the Jim Carrey Batman did.)

[color=gold]VERY BEST
Van Helsing (was this a comic?)
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
V for Vendetta
Batman Begins
Hellboy
(Just give all your other comic-DVDs to your kid brother.)

[edit on 9-9-2008 by tocs100]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
No, for me it was Flash Gordon. They just don't seem to be able to get it right for some reason. That and Aquaman... Mind you they did do a whole lot with the Ant yet either...

We will see what the future holds for all the rest.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Nick Fury:Agent of S.H.E.I.L.D. ,portrayed by the "Night Rocker" himself, David Hasselhoff wasn't too good either. I personally felt dirty after attempting to watch it. Like I had been touched in my special place by some strange old man with candy.

Oh, that is funny... I'm going to have to actually try and find some of these bad movies...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I think whoever made this movie never read an issue of the original series, only looked at the covers.
They dumbed it down so much, it even drove Alan Moore crazy! Just kidding Alan Moore was crazy long before the LXG movie.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I still can't believe how they messed the Hulk up, they need

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The only one that really pissed me off was WANTED

nothing like the comic book

hands down the worst violator of the group

(note not as bad as jumper but thats another discussion :livid

I really wanted to see them make mr.rictus and some of the livelier training scenes

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
defn the one with ben afleck where he is blind.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Ghost Rider was meh....didn't care for it

Now F4 the newer version was not bad but I do have a big complaint

in FF part two....we have the expected appearence of my second favorite character in the Marvel Universe...the mighty Galactus...they build up and build up and finally it's time for his mightyness to show...and BAM...we see nothing but a poorly outline face made of fire...I was so heartbroken

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
defn the one with ben afleck where he is blind.

Daredevil, was pretty crappy I agree, as was Elektra!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i remember watching generationX when i was alot younger[another early marvel movie] it was pretty bad but ive searched everywhere for it just to confirm how bad it was but cant find it think it was 1 of those made for tv jobs lol

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
DC Comics has always made better comic book movies than Marvel with the exception of the X-Men movies.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
DareDevil
Cat Woman
Electra
Punnisher (all of them)
Ghost Rider
edit on 13-3-2011 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join