It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst movie based on a Comic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Ok, so there is a thread on the best movie based on a comic but what about the worst movie?

It has to be by far The Punisher!
I actually went to the theater to see that one!Bleh!!

Second behind that would be the Daredevil, but only because Ben Afflack was the star.

What about you guy's? What is the worst in your opinion?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I liked the (new) Punisher Movie

Worst movies..there are so many.

Cat Woman, Superman 4, Batman and Robin all superbad.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I didnt know there was a superman 4, it must be bad, hope they dont make the Dandy, Dennis the mennace sucked pretty bad too. He had ginger hair in the film. WHY?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Umbrax that's funny you liked the New Punisher but disliked Cat Woman, I didn't think it was to bad of a movie, but Superman 4, I will have to agree with you on that one, it should have been called Superman 4: Rest in Peace!!

Here are some quotes from The Quest for Peace.......

[Superman and Nuclear Man confront each other in downtown Metropolis]
Nuclear Man: Where is the girl?
Superman: Give it up, you'll never find her.
Nuclear Man: If you don't tell me where she is, I will hurt people!
[Nuclear Man begins to cause mass destruction]
Superman: Stop! Don't do it, the people!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[last lines]
Lex Luthor: [Superman has dropped Luthor off at prison and they are discussing nuclear weapons] Is the world gonna be incinerated?
Superman: No. It's the same as it's always been: on the brink. With good fighting evil. See you in twenty.
[Superman flies off]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memorable Quotes from Superman IV The Quest for Peace

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
1994 The Fantastic Four.

The movie was only made to hold on to the rights of the film, but it was still made into a movie and it was horrible. Though for a good laugh check it out.
Fantastic Four '94

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Modern Day......Elektra....They could not even get the Cheracter Continuity right from Daredevil.......

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
For me, the winners, jointly and by a significant margin, have to be the 1991 incarnation of Captain America and the 1998 TV movie Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD.

You just know that something is wrong in Captain America when, whilst being pursued by his enemies, the Sentinel of Liberty and embodiment of all that is honourable and heroic, pretends to vomit and then runs away when his enemies pause, no doubt stunned by the perplexing sight of the embodiment of the Flag retching to avoid capture. For years I referred to the movie simply as "The Comical Adventures of Fake Puke Man".

As for Nick Fury ... well, you know:

Oh, and Batman and Robin would have had some minute form of redemption if Arnie had uttered the phrase "Ice to see you". But he didn't ...

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I like mostly all the movies originated from comics. But I would have to agree with Dustinthewind, the Punisher was pretty brutal.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Spawn. Need I say more. One of the most pathetic attempts at pulling in the non-comic fans. It tried to jumble way too much of the comics story line and just couldn't pull it off.

Nick Fury:Agent of S.H.E.I.L.D. ,portrayed by the "Night Rocker" himself, David Hasselhoff wasn't too good either. I personally felt dirty after attempting to watch it. Like I had been touched in my special place by some strange old man with candy.

There are quite a few other movies that were attrocious, but I don't have the time to name them all at the moment. Have to come back later.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The Fantastic Four movie definitely was awful film. I would have hoped that they could have produced the heck out of this film as it really is a worthwhile comic. But, alas, they literally wasted this comic - book story simply, as a previous poster stated, to hang on to the rights. Pity.

But this was not my first choice for the worst comic-book based movie. In my opinion, that dubious distinction goes to Howard the Duck. Howard was never my favorite comic but, I will admit, that when it came out, it was terrifically over-priced and there were many distribution irregularities which made it a "hot commodity" on the comic book convention circuit for several months. I made a bundle on selling this comic.

When the Howard the Duck comic came out, for some reason, Detroit and much of the Midwest did not receive an adequate supply. Fortunately, I knew the publication distributor in Windsor, Ontario -- just across the river from Detroit. I bought up his entire supply at wholesale prices and sold them for ten bucks a copy! In those early weeks after the release of the book, they were actually being sold by some dealers for twice that amount. Of course, I decided not to speculate and just sold as many I could by underselling the dealers who were trying to make as much off of each book as possible. I decided, of course, to "jack the price" to a reasonable level -- still undercutting other unscrupulous dealers (more unscrupulous than me) and to take the money and run.

Within a couple of months, the price dropped considerably and there were a lot of comic book dealers who were stuck with piles of Howard the Duck. I'm sure that they felt cheated in some way.....just in the same manner as I felt cheated after forking out the five bucks it cost, at the time, to see the movie.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Spiderman, It was so lame. Good action sequences but the movie was so stupid. it was clippings of different movies stitched together, just plain awful...

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think also that Electra was very very poorly done.
Daredevil wasnt so bad , i liked the way they dissplayed his abilities.
but yeh i was definetly let down by Electra .

Omega

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Electra bad
X men GOOD!!

I really liked the F4
But I liked the Lion King too.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
How about Judge Dread?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I really liked the F4
But I liked the Lion King too.

I think he meant the 1994 one which was soooooo bad. It had the Human Torch as a blatant cartoon! It sucked...

But then again, I could only watch about three minutes of Nick Fury before I had to ruun out and insert a hot poker into my eye sockets.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
OH YEA!!!!
David Hasselhoff HAHAHAHAHAHA What a joke.

OK
Go rent Eon Flux

REALLY REALLY BAD

C. Theron was really sexy, but the story line was predictable and the special effects were OK, but not as expected.

HEY Unbrax... GREAT AVATAR!!!

[edit on 5/19/2006 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm a Punisher fan...
I liked both Punisher movies with Tom Jane and the other, Dolph Lundgren 1989.....both great action movies.
Your not a Punisher fan if you don't like these movies......

Worst Comic Movie ever made is Howard the Duck
........ deserves a remake, with better sex scene lol....

[edit on 19-5-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
spawn.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

HEY Unbrax... GREAT AVATAR!!!

[edit on 5/19/2006 by semperfortis]

Thanks.
I hope the Ghost Rider movie doesn't end up on this list

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I hope the Ghost Rider movie doesn't end up on this list

I'm not much of an Nicolas Cage fan, I think he over acts his parts a bit too much....
though he is in some good movies, or at least get some great roles...lucky dude.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by XPhiles]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join