It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Feingold Seeks to Censure Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Onemanshort, are you serious?
With all due respect, you're demented!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
As a bottled and bond old hippie liberal, and a democratic voter all I can say about the vast majority of congressional democrats and that includes Hillery (whom I WILL NOT VOTE FOR) and John Kerry is that its rather pathetic trying to invertabrates trying to stand up...something they rarely attempt...Premature or not Finegold has more spine than the majority. Us democrats should vote the entire Democratic Leadership Council out of office, their middle of the road Oh hey I am a conservative too, Republican lite bullhooey has ruined the party. It is time the Democrats actually stood up for something, became a real party of the oppiosition and stopped cowering behind polls. If you ask the vast majority of us liberal/progrssive democrats, that is what we want. Do it now or disband the party and start from scratch. And this is from someone who wouldn't vote Republican for dog catcher

grover, you are a riot! Seriously. I just noticed that this was your reponse to another thread:

As a bottled and bond old hippie liberal, and a democratic voter all I can say about the vast majority of congressional democrats and that includes Hillery (whom I WILL NOT VOTE FOR) and John Kerry is that its rather pathetic trying to invertabrates trying to stand up...something they rarely attempt...Premature or not Finegold has more spine than the majority. Us democrats should vote the entire Democratic Leadership Council out of office, their middle of the road Oh hey I am a conservative too, Republican lite bullhooey ahs ruined the party. It is time the Democrats actually stood for something, became a real party of the oppiosition and stopped cowering behind polls. If you ask the vast majority of us liberal/progrssive democrats, that is what we want. Do it now or disband the party and start from scratch. And this is from someone who wouldn't vote Republican for dog catcher.

You are, if nothing else, consistent!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
OK gang, let's get back to the topic and stick to.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
yep you are right I did use the same post on another thread dealing with the same issue. Why? Because I think that is is important that just as not all Republicans, conservatives or evangelics support Bush and what he and his cronies are doing, just so not all liberals/progressives and Democrats support what the democratic Leadership Council has done to our party, or their complancency in the depradations of the extremists who think they own this administration. And threads on Finegold's attempts to censure the President seemed a good place to say it.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Oh, I totally agree with your assessment, grover. I'm just surprised that you think the moderate element of the party is at fault. I would have said the same about the far left wing (and the far right wing). I don't think that the majority of the American people relate to the fringes of either party. Any time that a good piece of bipartisan legislation passes that benefits the American people, it brings a smile to a lot of faces. And there are plenty of opportunities for that to happen, in the areas of SS, healthcare, and others, yet all we see is bickering and finger-pointing. What a waste.

Question, grover: why do you think that Feingold's measure to censure had such little support, even among Democrats?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Oh, I totally agree with your assessment, grover. I'm just surprised that you think the moderate element of the party is at fault. I would have said the same about the far left wing (and the far right wing). I don't think that the majority of the American people relate to the fringes of either party. Any time that a good piece of bipartisan legislation passes that benefits the American people, it brings a smile to a lot of faces. And there are plenty of opportunities for that to happen, in the areas of SS, healthcare, and others, yet all we see is bickering and finger-pointing. What a waste.

Question, grover: why do you think that Feingold's measure to censure had such little support, even among Democrats?

Why do I think the moderate branch of the Democratic party is at fault? Simple, they have bent over backwards to accomadate the republicans with little to show for it other than to be painted into a corner and effectively castrated. I eally think the majority of the people want a real choice, not some oh I am a conservative (joe liberman) too but kinda lite bullhooey. Why should they anyone vote for them in that context? Give us a real reason, a real choice, as it stands we have neither and it is the democratic leadership council that did it. as for the whole censure thing...it is more of the same, they are so terrified of scaring away the middle of the road voters that they are the ones who end up in the middle of the road as road kill....you know damned good and well the republicans are having a good belly laugh over this and its embarrassing.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
there re some good principled democrats in congress but I swear the majority act like they don't have the backbone God gave jellyfish.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join