It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornadoes and fires aye yae yae...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Well, I rather found the following home most interesting and I would be willing to live in one like it if I had that much money. I do make a considerable amount of money, but not that much, at least not yet.

Anyways, this one is pretty cool too.

BTW, i do agree that in the future we will have more houses like this one, and people living in them if people want to survive and/or not have to go through reconstructing their homes everytime mother nature unleashes her fury.

All photos and info can be found at.
www.ultimatesecurehome.com...

Somebody watched LOTR too many times.

[edit on 14-3-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
Very much agreed!

We will know more when they have a week outlook release IMO.
Will have it up for everyone when it comes up!

Agreed then, and we'll appreciate the info whenever it is released and you find it.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
That's a nice house.

Compared to homes in the suburbs, it's not even that expensive, and the benefits are tremendous.

Concrete domes can be built for the same cost as mud huts, in rural third world communities, and yet they withstand the elements beautifully, and last a lot longer. These technologies will hopefully get adopted more and more.

I would love to see concrete dome homes popping up in cities and towns. There's no reason they need to be relegated to the woods and boonies.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
For some reason I have always been attracted to living in a sub-terrain or semi-sub-terrain dwelling. Such an abode is practical, protected from the elements and very earthy
Perhaps in a previous life I lived in a cave!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
When I was a kid in we had a few homes like this in our area. They also doubled as bomb shelters. Some were imbedded a lot further into the dirt. Very comfy, efficient and secure.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Um...hay, where is OUR fema detainment camp? Now there is a conspiricy if I ever saw one.

Now this is something I have to disagree with, and something which imo has been taken out of context.

Sorry, my sarcasim got the best of me. Well.... to a point. I dont think we need a detainment camp, but I do wonder why hurricanes get such a fuss while tornado outbreaks, are just another storm to many. Didnt just as many people loose their lives, homes and businesses? Most of them, their insurance will cover it. Unfortunatly, their insurance will most likely cancel them or go throught the roof. Does the govt. not put hurricane victims in trailers after they loose their homes? That was my impression anyway, maybe I am wrong.....wouldnt be the first time.

As for the houses you showed, I LOVE them. They look like little hobbit houses.
My husband and I had actually tossed the idea around about building a subdivision or resort that way.

Someone asked why we dont build out houses out of concrete. Well, that does not stop tornados. Warehouses made out of concrete were leveled, and the same with a brick house just north of here.

I am getting kind of anxious to hear the final reports. There aer so many people who suffered damage. I have been trying to call the insurance co., but so far, when I call the recording says I have 119 people ahead of me. YIKES. I'll try again this morning.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
ever wonder why alot of small ones hit us AFTER we stopped donating stuff to the tsunami and then, more hit after a LARGE but comperably small hurricaine destroyed 1 city and we compeletly destroyed entire countries...
so.. think about it... we stop healping while they take damage because of 1 small thing... this is the earths revenge...

--YOURS TRULY--

cooldude76

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cooldude76
ever wonder why alot of small ones hit us AFTER we stopped donating stuff to the tsunami and then, more hit after a LARGE but comperably small hurricaine destroyed 1 city and we compeletly destroyed entire countries...
so.. think about it... we stop healping while they take damage because of 1 small thing... this is the earths revenge...

--YOURS TRULY--

cooldude76

Mother nature doesn't look at who is making war with whom, or for what reasons, or what political party/ideology you prefer. The SE Asian tsunami is an example, there were thousands of people killed there, and that was the work of the Earth, the same with the earthquakes in the middle east which claimed the lives of many people, the same can be said of other areas of the world.

BTW, the U.S. did not stop donating to the tsunami victims...and there are private groups in the U.S which have donated millions to the victims of the SE Asian tsunami.

[edit on 15-3-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Didnt just as many people loose their lives, homes and businesses? Most of them, their insurance will cover it.

Hurricane Katrina caused a lot more deaths than the tornadoes which hit the midwest this past weekend.

However, i do hope that everything is solved with you and the insurance company.

BTW, people in the midwest and even the lower states should really be prepared, this is only going to get worse, and the people in the northern states shouldn't think that the mild winter we had this year is going to repeat next year.

The Earth does go through upheavals and times of change, and although they are normal in the lifetime of the Earth, they are not normal in the lifetimes of humans. We do suffer from the chances the Earth goes through, and right now there is a mayor change the Earth is going through.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert rat
When I was a kid in we had a few homes like this in our area. They also doubled as bomb shelters. Some were imbedded a lot further into the dirt. Very comfy, efficient and secure.

Half of my apartment in Casper is underground, and I wasn't even looking for an underground apartment up here. I am already enjoying the benefits of living in a partial underground apartment. My electric bill does not exceed $15-$20 a month, because the apartment stays pretty much at a constant temperature nomatter what happens outside.

Totally underground houses/apartments are even better, because then the house/apartment will stay around 65° F and you won't need much energy to keep it at around 70°-72 ° F. You don't have to worry about maintenance outside the house/apartment either when it is underground.

[edit on 15-3-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Actually, I believe that La nina has to deal with global warming. It's sort of scary...because scientists said that next year and the years after that, these tornadoes, hurricanes and natural earth disasters are suppossed to get 10X stronger. Now I finally understand why there has been so many outbreaks of things like that. So global warming is happening. Now if I could just find that link...I'll ask my dad.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Hurricane Katrina caused a lot more deaths than the tornadoes which hit the midwest this past weekend.

However, i do hope that everything is solved with you and the insurance company.

BTW, people in the midwest and even the lower states should really be prepared, this is only going to get worse, and the people in the northern states shouldn't think that the mild winter we had this year is going to repeat next year.

Muaddib, I am sorry, after reading my posts I can see how you think I am compairing this to Katrina. My bad. This does not compare to Katrina in any way. I was speeking of hurricanes in general. My frustration with it is that with hurricanes, the govt, is quick to help. With these tornado outbreaks, it takes forever. I understand that it is easier for them with hurricanes, because the damage is grouped together, and with tornados it is spread out. The poor people who's lives were turned upside down by these storms are going to have to wait a long time before they get any help from the govt. , because they have to visit every site where there is destruction before declairing it a federal disaster area. uuuggg. That has to be frustrating to those people.

I have read in our local news where the NOAA is saying that this will break records for March. They also warned that if this is what is happening in March, all hell is going to break loose in April, May, and June.

That being said, I wanted to take a min. and spread some helpful advice to who ever I can, so that if any one is in a situation like this they can get the help they need in a more timely manner.

In order to get any federal aid you have to have a lot of documents. I suggest that you get a saftey box that is water and fire proof or a box at the bank. If disaster strikes be sure to take this box with you at all times. Have in this box, proof of residency....your deed, or insurance info, and an electric bill. It is always good to have photos of your house and the important things in it. Have proof of who you are, keep your SS card and those of everyone in your house in this box, and if you can, your expired drivers license. Keep a book of checks in there, not only for obvious reasons, but if you have all your bank #s they will be able to deposit funds directly into your acct. It would also be a good idea to keep your credit card #'s and the phone numbers to the companies in that box as well.

In order to get any help you have to have these documents. I remember as a kid my mom always kept this box with her during the bad storms. Now that Im the mom, I know why. Just thought I would pass it along.

As for me, I was lucky the only thing that got damage was our cars. I just got my new burb in Jan. so the fact that there are big ol dents all over it is a little gut rinching, but no biggie. At least our home is ok, and we all came out of it unharmed.

EDIT: one more thing I thought I would add is that only those who do not have insurance qualify for for the govt. assistance.
[edit on 15-3-2006 by mrsdudara]

[edit on 15-3-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm curious why no one has posted on the TX fires...

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I live in Miussouri, in Sedalia, the area where 14 tornados touched down on sunday. We have not had a tornado for over 15 years here. A couple of years we had a microburst, but that has been it.

A friend of my father said that he had a friend who has been studying the weather for over 60 years. This guy says we are in trouble.

I heard that we made a new record in the USA for how many we had in this area, as far as how fast all of them hit and how early it is in the year.

I would say that I think we are in trouble and should watch out. Especially around where I live because we never even get big storms. It seems we have had a barrier around this town until now.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I just read up on those the other day, Monday I think. They had said that 2% of Texas had been destroyed by these fires. I heard on the news today that another 800,000 acres had been destroyed since then. I am also curious about New Mexico right now. Mostly because that is where my Dad is. He said that the wind had been blowing at 35mph with gusts up to 65, for quite a few days. He said that the dust was so bad that you couldnt see a building from 500 yards away. Fires were everywhere, and they even had a hail storm (something he said was odd for the area). He also told me that Albaqurqui (sp?) had been closed down on Sunday because they had 6" of snow. Talk about odd.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Breaking News today. Someone said something about why no one is talking about the fires in Texas? Here is some info for anyone...

www.cnn.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join