It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classified Counter-Terrorist units?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Oh geez, I totally forgot about Grey Fox.

There's plenty of shady spec-ops groups out there, many computer/video games reflect those groups and are inspired by it, esspecially the Stealth games and tactical shooters.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
what about canada's joint task force 2 (jtf-2)? i heard that they are extremly well trained and have been used in some pretty covert operationss that even our prime minister didnt know about some of their work.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
isn't the question anybody know about classified counter terror teams an oximoron! Sorry but that is a stupid question.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yeah it is an oxymoron, or is it a paradox; pretty much the same thing but who cares just speculate on them. The show on uh CBS "The Unit" is about a classified almost Rainbow 6 type group. Goood show.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Regarding the term "kite team" I am assuming this to be Israeli Kidon Units, which basically do the real dirty stuff that one would associate as Israel's bread and butter when it comes to special operations. I believe Kidon translates to sword or something simmilar, just read it as assassination/death squad.

As far as really classified units it is more likely, and often proved true, that governments will contract that type of work out to ex-military guys with the special skills. Whether through a Private Military Corporation or bringing together 5 or 6 guys with complementing skills for one operation, paying them, and disbanding them.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Oblivions void

What youre refering to about grey fox is The Intelligence and Support Activity group, usually referred to as "the Activity." they are a classified unit who provides intelligence to SOF. That's all i have ever really heard about them. I also know that there was an expose written about it, but i do not know how factbased it is.

also, someone referred to ST6 as being disbanded. ST6 is SEAL Team 6. They are the elite SEAL team that rotates members of the SEALs through. they are the prime source for CT from the navy. Due to personnel shortages over the past few years we've been at war, ST6 is being used as a direct action force in Iraq and Afghanistan. Theyre main mission, however, is CT.

Delta force is also a CT unit. They were formed for that one sole purpose. they specialize in hostage rescue, aircraft takedown, intelligence gathering, and personnel security, among many other things. just as ST6 is being misused during the GWOT, delta force is finding itself more often as a special forces, HVT(high value target) asset. They fill this role excellently, but they were created, and still are, a CT Unit.

There is also the Asymmetrical Warfare group. It is newly formed, small, and classified. It isnt an unspoken team like youre looking for, but what it does isnt broadcasted at all. it was formed to combat the enemy's use of asymetrical weapons (like suicide bombers). How they do that is anyones guess. they provide advisors and operators in very small teams for extended periods.

these are some of the top units in the US. I know very little about other countries SF/CT teams, but i know that the SAS is a british COIN/SF/CT unit formed in WWII, and that the German GSG-9 is another CT unit. the SAS, GSG-9, and Delta Force are considered the top CT units in the World.
hope this answers some questions

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
www.australiandefender.com.au...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJdreNh1nxE

Best of the best ! Australia does not stuff around !

Aussie SAS + 4RAR Commandos = Terrorists Gone baby Gone

Cheers

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm surprised that the Israeli forces were brought up but no mention of the unit designated as Sayeret Matkal.

I'm a little disappointed in a few of you...

What am I going to do with you guys?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join