It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Anyone been watching the U.K. news ??

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Either BBC or channel 4 news about Iran this week sounds incredibly similar to what we heard in the U.K. before Iraq, also this weeks question time was full of sheople talking about how Iranians don't want the iranian govt and how we (the west) should free the Iranian people , Groundhog day anyone??




posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
i think there is more to this 3/11 attack warning than someone seeking a cheap high by pulling a hoax.


if the plot really was uncovered two weeks ago i don't think a few threads on the [soon-to-be shut down] internet is going to stop it.



posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The press are in full on propaganda mode (as are some posters here). If the powers that be want a war then that is what will happen.



posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
If the powers that be want a war then that is what will happen.


Unfortunatley that appears all too true at the moment, i know what the original poster is talking about though with the news lately, im getting a feeling i got just before we went to war with iraq.



posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Oxford here.

OK all of the military medical staff I know have been recalled from where ever they were ie on holiday, leave ect and have been given 1 weeks notice of moving. They are expecting a huge Afghanistan airlift within the week to support the huge British contingent thats shipping out.

Theres only one problem with this: It doesn't make sense! There are excellent field hospitals already in Afghanistan, and if they cannot treat it they will stabilise them and fly them to iraq, and so on and so forth back to the UK. This massive recall of all medical staff has alot of service personell scratching their heads in bemused worry.



posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I don't know about anyone else, but for the first time in a long time I am actually fearful of the results of this conflict. What a stupid, stupid thing to do invading Iran. This is going to plunge the whole world into complete chaos. I feel that many, many will die as a result. If anyone is religious, now would be a good time to pray.



posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more with you blackOps, i was apprehensive about a war with iraq but with the possibility that we are heading to war with iran i am evn more worried.



posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Aha the bankers are rubbing their greedy little hands right now... money cash moolah debt interest, yeah baby!



posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor was right
i think there is more to this 3/11 attack warning than someone seeking a cheap high by pulling a hoax.


if the plot really was uncovered two weeks ago i don't think a few threads on the [soon-to-be shut down] internet is going to stop it.


Are you talking about the "high class hooker" warning, or is there another warning that attempts to validate that one that I missed.



posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm not sure which way this is going. I don't believe for a second that the US is planning a full-on invasion - it would be almost impossible to pull off. I think they would like to blitz Iran with airpower and cruise missiles and knock them back a couple of decades, but that could have serious consequences.....at worst dragging the whole ME into chaos and destruction.



posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
What a stupid, stupid thing to do invading Iran. This is going to plunge the whole world into complete chaos. I feel that many, many will die as a result. If anyone is religious, now would be a good time to pray.


There; There; Blackops. You'll be OK [Gives Blackops a big ol' bear hug]. Iran will have to be dealt with at some point. But for the time being there are still options other than military that are available and those options will be used. However, a bully's behavior cannot be allowed to continue unchecked. We will have to do something to them eventually. I'm willing to bet we'll have the support of more allies than we did going into Iraq.



posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

However, a bully's behavior cannot be allowed to continue unchecked.


Couldn't agree more, and I think Iran is doing just that. Looks like they're about to check the bully



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

However, a bully's behavior cannot be allowed to continue unchecked.


Couldn't agree more, and I think Iran is doing just that. Looks like they're about to check the bully


Iran is no position to check anything, but Russia and China are.

BTW piety tends to lead toward a superiority complex in my experience, and not inferiority.



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
As we all know iran in the past has been threatened alot of times, more than enough actually but wasn't 2004 a good year to attack?, what about 2005?, why is it at this date and this time which will even be more dangerous and deadly for such a thing to happen?. it leaves me to confusion



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Anybody wanna bet on when the attack begins? Most people are saying that it will be a bombing run by Israel or something like that but obviously that will only lead to more action.

I think if they are gonna go in there they got to be going anytime now because they don't wanna be in their in the summer sweating. But I guess that Iran is maybe cooler than Iraq though. Anybody know?



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Anybody wanna bet on when the attack begins? Most people are saying that it will be a bombing run by Israel or something like that but obviously that will only lead to more action.

I think if they are gonna go in there they got to be going anytime now because they don't wanna be in their in the summer sweating. But I guess that Iran is maybe cooler than Iraq though. Anybody know?


lets hope such a thing does not happen but if it does which god forbid than my guess would probably be at the end of march. wonder how Russia and China are going to react to the situation.



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
Oxford here.

OK all of the military medical staff I know have been recalled from where ever they were ie on holiday, leave ect and have been given 1 weeks notice of moving. They are expecting a huge Afghanistan airlift within the week to support the huge British contingent thats shipping out.

Theres only one problem with this: It doesn't make sense! There are excellent field hospitals already in Afghanistan, and if they cannot treat it they will stabilise them and fly them to iraq, and so on and so forth back to the UK. This massive recall of all medical staff has alot of service personell scratching their heads in bemused worry.


Afraid that this is absolute cr@p. I'm currently working on attachment to a defence medical unit, and this has not come into play at all. There have been no leave cancellations, no mass personnel recalls and no emergency call-ups. In this particular unit, there are over 150 joint service med staff including combat med-techs, nurses, doctors, radiographers, Lab techs, physios etc, and the number on stand by for Afgan is 11, and they are on 3 month notice to move. This is quite a normal number for any trickle deployment.



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
Iran is no position to check anything, but Russia and China are.

BTW piety tends to lead toward a superiority complex in my experience, and not inferiority.


Iran cannot stand against the combination of the United States and Britain militarily, no. But they can ruin us other ways. Exactly what do you think a US-led attack on ANOTHER mideast nation will do for us in the world arena?

This effort is all in the interest of keeping dollar hegemony in the world markets. But what, pray tell, do they think will happen to the dollar in response to an ANOTHER unwarranted war conducted on false premises?

No, we will not lose a war with Iran. We will, however, fall from the top of the world stage, both economicly and politically. After all, to wage the war, we will be printing even more piles of dollar bills - effectively monopoly money. At the same time the world will draw away from us, rendering that money even more worthless.

No, Iran will lose a military conflict, but after a war with them, the military is all the US will have left to its name.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by TheWalkingFox]
Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The market didn't seem to care too much about the invasion of Iraq. The market's not a humanitarian mate; if anything, you'll see the Nasdaq and Dow Jones indexes jump up if we go into Iran (what with all the defence spending, and lucrative rebuilding contracts that are bound to be handed out if it happens).

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Paddy i'm not to start a flame war i'm just saying whats happening to the Nurses and med staff that I know here in oxfordshire and around the southern area.

It may be that your people are not involved with 16 air assault Brigade at all - And the haste these people have been recalled is indecent - How do I know Paddy? I'm married to one of those on a weeks notice. Cheers Paddy, but next time you spout i'll just ignore you and not try to be civil.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join