It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: The Man, The Myth, The Legend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Even with the extreme political pressure of neo-cons, big-oil and a host of other lobbists with large pockets Bush allows the truth to slip out. For the queued in listener he brings it all out in the open. It's really refreshing to have such an honest leader.

"Security is the essential roadblock to achieving the road map to peace."
--George W. Bush, July 25, 2003

"I was proud the other day when both Republicans and Democrats stood with me in the Rose Garden to announce their support for a clear statement of purpose: you disarm, or we will." --George W. Bush, Oct. 5, 2002, Re Iraq debate in Congress

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons." --George W. Bush, South Bend, Indiana, Sept. 5, 2002

"These are the kind that go to a cave and send youngsters to their suicidal death. That's the kind of people we're fighting. But there's no cave deep enough for America, or dark enough to hide." George W. Bush, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Aug. 29, 2002

"But he warned: "I can assure you, we won't be putting money into a society which is not transparent and corrupt, and I suspect other countries won't either." --Reuters, 06.26.02

"Look, my job isn't to try to nuance, my job is to tell people what I think!" --April 2002 Texas Meeting With Tony Blair

"These terrorist acts and the responses have got to end" --Bush Rmks To Travel Pool, 8/13/01

"My administration has been calling upon all the leaders in the -- in the Middle East to do everything they can to stop the violence, to tell the different parties involved that peace will never happen."--to reporters, 8/13/01

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right,"--Reuters, 7/23/01

"If a person doesn't have the capacity that we all want that person to have, I suspect hope is in the far distant future, if at all."--Remarks to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund Institute, Washington, D.C., May 22, 2001

"This administration is doing everything we can to end the stalemate in an efficient way. We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end."--Washington, D.C., April 10, 2001

Jan. 14, 2001..."Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment." --NYT, 1/14/01

7/19... George W. Bush's new Web site, www.georgewbush.com, states that the No. 3 priority of the campaign is "Putting Education First." --Al Kamen, Washington Post

"[We can learn] from our conscience and from our fellow citizens, the highest PROSSIBLE praise: well done, good and faithful servants." --Budget Speech, 2/27

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
bush is the man i will vote for him again!
GO BUSH!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Bush the Legend!

This should get some around here pissed off LOL!

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
A classic set of Bush malapropisms and inanities, uIVIa.

I had not seen 'Putting Education First' as the admin's #3 priority before.

They make much mirth, but in truth it is tragicomedy, with more emphasis on the tragic.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Thank you for the comments. If you wish to read more of our great leader's quotes just point your browser to Bush Quotes.

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by uIVIa]

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have one word for all of you:

"nukular."

Signing off,
HLW

PS: My little brother could use sentences that well. We need a president that can use words on at least a sixth-grade level. lmao

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Just cause he cannot pronunce words correct does not mean he is dumb. Its his accent,Kenedy had one. Remember "Cuber"? Its his Texan accent blame that. Arnie has trouble too cause of his Austrian one and I have trouble saying words cause I have that small speech thing yet I'm in advanced classes.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Just cause he cannot pronunce words correct does not mean he is dumb. Its his accent,Kenedy had one. Remember "Cuber"? Its his Texan accent blame that. Arnie has trouble too cause of his Austrian one and I have trouble saying words cause I have that small speech thing yet I'm in advanced classes.

"Cuber" is at least close to what it should be. Unlike nukular, which is completly off from "nuclear." And come on, we need to break the chain of Presidents too lazy to write their own speeches. Last one was probably Lincoln, for God's sake.

On the other hand, Bush has made a few wise decisions; I'll give him that. Afghanistan was one, Iraq another. Defying the UN is the best idea he's had in two and a half years. But some of the other thing.......

Signing off,
HLW

top topics

join