It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We have the smoking gun" NASA finds water on Saturn's icy moons. Estraterrestrial life may be fo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Wow!! This just in, NASA may be on the verge of partial disclosure. It’s on all of the News Channels!! The news story of a lifetime. NASA finds a water source on the moon of Saturn. They believe that there must be some sort of Extraterrestrial life forms living there (in Saturn moons)

"If Enceladus does harbor life, it probably consists of microbes or other primitive organisms capable of living in extreme conditions, scientists say".

See story here

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Go here we have a lot of posts read mine. 2nd page. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
let the world know we are not alone and life does exsit out there in space and now here comes the people saying no this cant be.how could this be why....wait the pope has something to say lol.........

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
YES!!!!!

I hope they do find life up there. Anything, an alien frog, alien snake, alien snail, watever, just say it. This is the beginning of a spectacular life!! Yes!!!!!!!!!

Well maybe anyway, they will probably debunk this too. It is probably a trick of some sort. I sure hope that it is not. *Fingers crossed*

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
NASA's Cassini Discovers Potential Liquid Water on Enceladus
March 09, 2006

NASA's Cassini spacecraft may have found evidence of liquid water reservoirs that erupt in Yellowstone-like geysers on Saturn's moon Enceladus. The rare occurrence of liquid water so near the surface raises many new questions about the mysterious moon.

[edit on 9-3-2006 by flukemol]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
There was just a story on FOX NEWS about the water vapor on one of Saturn's moons... They didn't go into a great deal of detail... but at least they are reporting it!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
ok two things-

first i think disclosure will come soon; nasa will say water is found, then microbes, the something more advanced and eventually intellegent life (thats my hope at least because i know whats going on (see my thread))

secondly i love how i saw this on my local news and the scientists are calling it "cold faithful"

-UnterMir

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Its what they believe is water. As to how you can go from this to total disclosure is quite amusing. Don't get to far ahead of yourself. Water is a great start but no were what they need for total disclosure.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Just to say has anyone else noticed it's still very theoretical that water is liquid on this moon. Yes there is lots and lots of evidence for it but at the moment i didn't think they had confirmed it was liquid, and it deffinatly isn't liquid at the surface, it's estimated at about 15 metres down. If there is liquid water though then the chances of life are resonable but i doubt it will be anything more than bacteria.

I remember some scientists going on about a probe to melt through the surface of Titan i think it was. It's quite a challenge melting through the ice without contaminating the ocean below.

Let's be serious though, if hypothetically they found a complex form of life, like a fish or something, then i doubt it would give any greater chance of disclosure. I mean if intelligent life is visiting us then why would the goverment disclose that just because NASA finds bacteria or a fish on another world?

The only great thing is the future of space colonies and it would broaden our view of where life can exist in the universe instead of us being hideously limited to earth like planets.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I remember some scientists going on about a probe to melt through the surface of Titan i think it was. It's quite a challenge melting through the ice without contaminating the ocean below.

Not Titan, but Europa - one of Jupiter's moons. Titan is the Saturn moon with methane clouds and hydrocarbon rivers and lakes.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ahh thanks it was a while ago and i couldn't remember.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
you're really jumping to a lot of conclusions in that origional post. Nasa has stated that there may be liquid water under the surface of the moon. Tp jump from that to thinking that there is life is quite a leap. When words such as may, might, possible, are used, don't take it as a fact.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Now who put "Cold Faithful" as one of the tags? That was brilliant

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
There has been controversy as to whether there is microbial life in our solarsystem but I doubt the announcement Nasa made was specifically to that.Although I know we`r close to finding out.

Many of you may not believe but Planets Jupiter and Neptune have been long speculated to have microbial life.This is because around the core of these planets the Gas is so dense its formed a liquid base.Thus along with the cores warmth it should create a temperate section.Same with many of the moons(liquid seas near hot core).Although I personally believe it takes more for Life to occur but there is a great possibility.I mean we have seen bacteria thrive on temperatures reaching more then 1000 degrees celsius.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I agree that life might take a little more than all that to start, but life has shown a remarkable thirst to start and survive on our own planet. These moons and other areas though are really questionable, and i don't think we are close to finding life yet. I mean it would take years to build a probe, send it to wherever, take samples and then send them back. We could have them anylzed there but then sceptics would say the machines are wrong if it found anything and so you would need to send it back IMO. So that's quite a few years doing all that, that's if they do it at all because of lack of funding.

Life is amazing though, volcanic vents are truly remarkable, scientists always said there could be no life living at certain depths permanently because there was no light. Many thought that occasional visiters like giant squid were the only things down there but then they find vents where there is NO light and low and behold life is there. Ok it's not intelligent but it wasn't just bacteria either, which proves that our understanding of life is really very limited.

I say just keep your fingers crossed.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The water is believed to come from underground reservoirs that are under high pressure. Porco said the venting has probably been going on for at least several thousand years, perhaps indicating a lasting heat source underground.

Scientists generally agree several ingredients are needed for life to emerge, including water in liquid form and a stable heat source.

The evidences hospitable to extraterresterial life is present now. All we need is a 1m X 1m high resolution camera or low infra-ray see through soil camera to shed light on lifeforms there.

Cassini found the geysers are mostly made up of water vapor and ice particles with significant amounts of carbon dioxide and trace amounts of methane — all of which probably help to replenish the moon's atmosphere

METHANE!!!!!!!........the clue to actual fossilized animal remains and not necessarily microbial in nature !!!!!

PS: Qoutes taken from the source of the first post.

top topics

join