It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Son of Man

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
"With respect to verse 34 as well as several of other references one can get the impression that the terms Son of Man and Son of God are titles. Afforded in those days to persons, in that culture which had certain abilities and or wisdom. Jesus seems to be making clear
that he feels he is deserving of the title to those who do not agree.

Any thoughts? "

I think that they were God's titles for Jesus and man.
There seems to be 4 different meanings attached to the titles, 2 in reference to Jesus and 2 in reference to mortal man.

1). Son of God is typically used when making reference to Jesus' divinity or authority of or through the spiritual realms, such as:

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

John 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
John 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
John 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father [is] in me, and I in him

2). Son of man seems to be used when dealing with the physically demonstrated or visible aspects of Jesus' existence:

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Matthew 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

3). sons or son of God appears to refer to those who have been "born again" or become believers:

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:
John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

4). son(s) of man is God's name for mortal humans, from what I can gather:

Isaiah 51:12 I, [even] I, [am] he that comforteth you: who [art] thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man [that] shall die, and of the son of man [which] shall be made [as] grass;

Ezekiel 3:17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.
Ezekiel 3:25 But thou, O son of man, behold, they shall put bands upon thee, and shall bind thee with them, and thou shalt not go out among them:

This is all based on what I understand to be true based on what I have read and pondered. I'm sure there are plenty who interpreted all this completely different. Such is the nature of faith.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
If Jesus was black then was he Ethiopean?

Besides the problem here is the lack of physical evidence of Christ to date anyways.

Also almost all depictions of Christ that are known show him as caucasian or at most brown skinned.

I am not aware of any depictions of Christ as a black man but they may well exist.

Lastly, why does anyone around here bother with you Colonel?

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Theneo: This site stress that I deny ignorance so I cannot respond to you.

Val: It does matter. It matters in that the depiction of Jesus Christ as we now know is not the true Jesus but one of a savagely murderous criminal. When you think of Jesus, you don't see a true image of Jesus but you DO see Cesare Borgia, the criminal, the man who's face is everywhere on the globe impersonating The Christ in some variation. This is fundementally wrong and an abomination.

Yes, it does matter.

And what utterly shocks me is that when I point out that the popular rendition of the Christ is in reality one of a murderer, no one seems to mind that they've been LIED to all these centuries.

In fact, all I get is "Hush up, Colonel. It doesn't matter. Just keep praying and believing in Jesus."

Which one? The real one that I point out or the popular one that's a murderer?

[Edited on 10-10-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Colonel do not really think the problems are really actually related to any of the Prophets, but I do agree we have all been lied to for a very long time.

To be honest I could probably post in my blog at least 10 other examples, equal in length to the first. Which reflect parallels related to how each belief systems (when it comes to the fundamentals) are the same.

This was something, which should have been documented and presented to the masses
at least 1500 years ago.

But this is not just related to one system of belief but rather to all of them. We talk about secret societies, this one is so secret it does not even have a name, but it exists just the same (in all probability).

I agree jezebel; there are themes with respect to this matter in the bible as a whole. When looking at other religious works, the way the terms in question are applied is very similar to how like terms are used in other religious texts.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself
shall be with them, and be their God.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
And he said unto me, It is done.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son (Revelation 21:1-7)

The arts originated in the mosaic depictions in the Temple of scenes from the Old Testament, and in the pre-Christian arts. This tradition of sacred art was continued by the Apostle Luke, who painted the first iconographic depictions of the Virgin Mary holding the Christ Child.
The music (chant) had its beginning in the Psalms of David. Even the Liturgy (communion service) finds its beginning in the Old Testament, Christ's Body and Blood being the New Testament sacrifice (John 6:48-58).
The first communion service composed by the Apostle James, the brother of the Lord, was based on the Apostles' experience at the Last Supper, and is still used in the Orthodox Church today.

Also at that time there was a man named Dionysius in Athens, Greece (Acts 17:34). When Christ breathed His last on the Cross, St. Dionysius beheld the sun darkened although he was miles away, and said: "Either God the Creator of the world is suffering or the world is ending."
Years later the Apostle Paul was in Athens and saw that
Icon of St. Ignatius depicted with the lions in the Roman arena.
the people there had an altar to "the unknown God." Paul then openly said to those gathered: The One Whom you ignorantly worship, Him I proclaim unto you (Acts 17:23), and began to tell them about the One True God Who gave His life for the world.
Dionysius happened to be present and was moved in his soul to embrace the Christian Faith. He was then baptized by Paul and became a bishop of Gaul (France), residing in Paris.

The earliest account of martyrdom is that of St. Stephen who was a deacon of the Church (Acts 6:5). He was stoned to death for preaching in the Jewish temple that Jesus Christ was the Messiah. As he was about to die he looked up towards Heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing on the right hand of God (Acts 7:55).

www.sisqtel.net...

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I have discovered the Man of Sin......

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join