It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Son of Man

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
With respect to the lineage of Jesus the bible denies the influence of Egypt. The idea that Joseph, as right hand of Pharaoh, did not become part of the Royal family in every sense brings up words such as "impossible" under any and all circumstances.

Simply stated, such a response would have been considered an insult, one that Joseph would have never survived.

In respect to the matter of the linage of Jesus, not only was he of African decent (in my opinion beyond any shadow of doubt given biblical text), but also he was also very likely a black man.

Keep this in mind, under no circumstances would Moses had been accepted as a prince of Egypt unless he was black.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The Hebrews were a semitic race, looking very much like what we call Arabs today. The only other option is that the Hebrews were Aryans and looked like the Parsii of India of today.

Here is one way He may have looked:

Or maybe:

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
There is not a chanvce in hell he looked like that. That looks like the Borgia guy that everyone worships. When was the last time anyone in Africa or of African descent had an angular nose like that?

How do you get hair of wool with silky hair as in those pictures? Sheesh. This is amazing.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What a pharoah look like (looks pretty semitic to me) like he could be a rabbi:

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Fromn what I understand, all the noses of the ancient statues are broken off with all those relics---just like the sphynx. Iheard that they were heeavily guarded in Britain. That's what I heard.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Has the thought that Jesus as a man yet being one with the Spirit of God; and Our salvation being the acceptance of Jesus could have a different meaning than the common one that is usually expressed.

What I mean to say is...Just for a second compare a couple of ideas also found within Buddhism.

Enlightenment is often thought as "Finding Buddha" or finding "One's True Self". Accepting "Jesus the Son of God" does seem similar to Finding "Buddha the True Self". So accepting Jesus (finding Buddha) or being Filled with the Spirit of God (obtaining Enlightenment) is a Non-Literal understanding of what the Bible and Buddhism is trying to teach.

Jesus was both the "Son of God" and a "son of man" just as we are "son's/daughter's of man" but also "of God" if and when we Accept Him (Find Our True Selves).

Salvation or Damnation also being a manifistation brought on by us either from Understanding or Not Understanding our Relationship within the Whole (God). Jesus and Buddha can represent a concept or "State of Being" within each and every one of us while also representing individual and literal people.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
And how do you get semetic peoples in Africa anyway?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Here's a thought. Jesus comes back and he's black with wool hair and all. No one believes him because they are looking for the lie of a picture.

Then, when they finally do, they cry "Jesus, Jesus." And he says you may call me but I never knew you. (Because you worshipped a picture that was a lie.)

[Edited on 8-10-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
With respect to the lineage of Jesus the bible denies the influence of Egypt. The idea that Joseph, as right hand of Pharaoh, did not become part of the Royal family in every sense brings up words such as "impossible" under any and all circumstances.

Simply stated, such a response would have been considered an insult, one that Joseph would have never survived.

In respect to the matter of the linage of Jesus, not only was he of African decent (in my opinion beyond any shadow of doubt given biblical text), but also he was also very likely a black man.

Keep this in mind, under no circumstances would Moses had been accepted as a prince of Egypt unless he was black.

Any thoughts?

I think I'm going with Toltec on this one.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Colonel:

Ever heard of the actor, great bridge player, Omar Sharif? Well he was born in Egypt. And how do Aryans end up in India and Persia (today called Iran)?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It seems like the desire to find or question what is the truth is being overshadowed by an argument which is completely irrelevant. If Jesus comes back and he is Green, Black, or White, there will be who deny him because of his color alone. This will be their own shortcoming and undoing.

Jesus was in human form or the Son of Man, so that we could identify with God's message on our level. He didn't want us to worship his human form because of the miracles he performed. He wanted us to understand that he was a Manifestation of God. He said that the source of all the things he did was God in Heaven. He was the personification of the Word of God in a form that we could comprehend with our limited ability to understand God.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
ermsss it look like the son of man is somebody else and it is not jesus who the person is? to come down in the great cloud
that what i think it is

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Egyptians were not black for the following reason:

they were the descendants of the remnants of Atlantis.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Jesus is not Son of God. God is a non-corporal, all-present entity, the Creator, God cannot have a son, son is a human term. Jesus is God's Creation. The worshiping of Jesus as Son of God has led to personification of God in Christianity, which is contradictory to almost all monotheistic religions, including Christianity itself, which worship an all-knowing, all-seeing, all-present God. God is not a he or a she, God is GOD, the Creator.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   
i agree to mr paperclip into what standard are we try compare to any of human being to share power with god the most high since the ancient of the days until now.if put the standard among all the prophet of jews
i personally think moses is more greater then any other else

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec

Any thoughts?

Toltec, How can you say some of the false, bizarre statements you say and then expect us to take you serious in these discussions? The Bible does NOT deny the influence of Egypt. The idea that Joseph did not become closely tied to the Royal family WOULD be near impossible...but why even make that statement? The Bible doesn't deny he didn't become closely tied!

We have now had a couple of extremely good inputs on the TOPIC by mojom and Jezebel with absolute ignore-ance from you concerning their comments. Can we get back to the original subject? Right now, it appears you and Colonel are trying to make an argument where one really doesn't even exist.

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel
It seems like the desire to find or question what is the truth is being overshadowed by an argument which is completely irrelevant. If Jesus comes back and he is Green, Black, or White, there will be who deny him because of his color alone. This will be their own shortcoming and undoing.

Jesus was in human form or the Son of Man, so that we could identify with God's message on our level. He didn't want us to worship his human form because of the miracles he performed. He wanted us to understand that he was a Manifestation of God. He said that the source of all the things he did was God in Heaven. He was the personification of the Word of God in a form that we could comprehend with our limited ability to understand God.

It is important. Because God said that people should not worhsip idols, images, and false gods. Try this on for size. Its in Romans:

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Egyptians were not black for the following reason:

they were the descendants of the remnants of Atlantis.

Why do people even bother with you?

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
3. Jesus was actually a Jew...which a much smaller sub-class of the first-lineage Hebrews which would have been those that crossed the Eber River with Abraham (and separated by at least a couple of millennia of intermarriages) so to insinuate that the Jews of BC/AD period looked like Moses (a not to distant descendant of the original Hebrews) is a bit of a stretch.

Jesus was a Jew.
The Jews did not recognize the fufillment of the Messianic prophecies, thus they will not go to heaven.
They did not recognize Jesus as Christ.
Val, you are right though, don't pray to Jesus...
You pray to the Father, if you know what you are doing.

- Tass

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
*15,15*
Paperclip, Jesus was the human incarnation of God, the first and only incarnation.

He came to Earth throught the Virgin Mary.
Mary had sex with Joseph afterwards, for Jesus had four brothers and numerous sisters.
Mary is not God, she died and is still dead.

God humiliated himself here on Earth by taking up the unpure flesh of humans.
He was whipped, beaten, flogged, and crucified so we could all have a chance at immortality...
It is up to you to grab it while you still can...
- Tass *40*

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join