It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Son of Man

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The only way to the Father is through me. I do believe Jesus said that if I remember correctly.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yep, Colonel's right on for this one!

Ephesians 2:8-9
8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God
9not by works, so that no one can boast.

Acts 4:12
12Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

I can slam out about 100 more verses from the Bible in any version (accurate version) stating Christ is the only way to heaven.

Can you find one saying otherwise?

- Tass

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Who cares what color he was unless of course you're so shallow as to allow someone's Race or Skin Color to be the Major Determining Factor as to who or what that person is, knows, or represents.

I am White. To be more specific Italian, German & Native American (Indian). I do happen to think that Jesus was most likely Black or atleast Dark Skinned and probably much different looking than most European Artwork depicts him. However he could be Blue, Orange, Chinese, or Reptilian in Disquise for all I know since I was born almost 2000 years too late to see for my own eyes to be sure. I certainly find debating such a minor issue as Priority Management Failure when comparing it to debating what Jesus meant for us to Lean and Understand. I compare it to Jesus giving personal invitation to sit and feast at his table until everlasting fullfillment is achieved. Yet the Guests never taste of it cause they spend eternity fighting about who get's to sit where. If Jesus didn't Love and Forgive Mankind so much for being Morons he'd smack ya and tell ya to shut up, keep your hands to yourself and pay attention!

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It is important and I counter again, using the Bible:

It is important. Because God said that people should not worhsip idols, images, and false gods. Try this on for size. Its in Romans:

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Vahall when I say closely tied I mean in respect to related (children were born), which is not referred to with respect to the lineage of Jesus in the Bible.

There is nothing Bizarre about such a statement (or for that matter false) I have no idea what you are talking about.

The topic is suggestive of Jesus being not a God but a prophet of God. As far as the race of Jesus that is not really an issue with respect to anything in particular but it was something that is an issue of the topic. This in respect to what I brought up in regards to the lineage of Jesus.

To be honest I see no reason to freak out about it or be offensive.

This is an internet Forum not Congress chill out!!!!

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I am always amused by such the fight I receive in and out of ATS when I suggest the fact that Jesus was black. I wonder why its so hard to believe?

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Does it really matter?.........NOT, but to those that think and make it be so....!
People need to open there eyes and minds.....the issues of 'color' is a state of mind and is nothing but a destructive tool, excuse, argument, rationale, creates division, and a mind set.......sad, very sad.

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It matters because it came from the Catholic Chruch and if they lied about the painting, what else did they lie about? What else are they hiding?

That's just on one level.

On another level, it matters because the Bible said (which no one has so far refuted):

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Whatever your reason's Colonel...they only matter becuase you and others allow or make them matter.......
Let me ask you my friend this:....if Jesus returned today...would it matter to him?

Answer that, my friend, and you will discover what some of many have already.....it don't and wouldn't........but you keep making it matter, for what ever reason's you have or seek....truth comes to all of us...sooner or later....count on it.

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yes, I think so.

Jesus comes back and he's gonna be angry for everyone who was supposedly worshipping him and has"his" paintings on the wall are actually worshipping a fraud, a person who is, in actuality, a criminal. Worshipping a criminal in Jesus' name worldwide.

Yeah, I think the Lord is gonna be real pissed.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Boy, it just got silent like the grave on this thread.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I am always amused by such the fight I receive in and out of ATS when I suggest the fact that Jesus was black. I wonder why its so hard to believe?

Because a lot of white folks, especially the "Loving Religious Types", are sometimes not as open to New Ideas and Brotherly Love as they claim to be. Not all but a lot. I'm not black, in fact I have never been confused as being anything but WHITE. Yet I personally find it insulting that so many paintings have depicted Jesus as White Only. I think there should be a balance of paintings depicting him as all Races personally just for the fact that it might help others understand one another better. But the fact that there has been a major bend toward what would be POOR RESEARCH at best in representing Jesus' Race or Nationality is pretty messed up. I actually asked my girlfriend this very question the other day as she is more Conventional Religious Minded. She didn't find it insulting as much as I did but said it's a pretty arrogant move that should have not been done.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Boy, it just got silent like the grave on this thread.

You drink and seriously smoke too much...really!

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yes, I think so.

Jesus comes back and he's gonna be angry for everyone who was supposedly worshipping him and has"his" paintings on the wall are actually worshipping a fraud, a person who is, in actuality, a criminal. Worshipping a criminal in Jesus' name worldwide.

Yeah, I think the Lord is gonna be real pissed.

I didn't think anyone was supposed to be Worshiping Jesus in the first place??? I was of the understanding that he said I (Jesus) am the only path or gateway to God and Life Everlasting. But not to worship him as if he WAS GOD.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
MoJom: If he was part of The Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) then he is God. God in flesh.

Seekerof; Kinda stuck, eh????

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
That saying by Jesus was made because of the old Jewish sacrificial system. The sacrifice was made to God for atonement, etc. Jesus's death took away or nullified the sacrificial system...read on it, you see what I am saying. today, the Catholic church has the same type system in place but instead of a sacrifice, you have going to a priest and revealing your sin's to him and he tells you how to repent....

Jesus's death, by scriptures, replaces this system...hence, him saying: I am the only way.....(symbolics people, symbolics...just as the sacrificial system was symbolic, so is Jesus and what he said regarding this)

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   

MoJom: If he was part of The Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) then he is God. God in flesh.

you obviously don't know me very well....far from "stuck" buddy...bet on it.....just ridiculous to argue a point when simple logics don't and won't suffice.........then again, you are a lawyer right.....answers the question right there.........

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yes I understand that. However Jesus was here as a Man as well to speak to us as A MAN and a tool of GOD. So anyone worshiping Jesus in any HU-MAN form Black or white or whatever would still not be acceptable. He was not here to take the place of GOD or to BECOME the King of Kings for People to Worship. He was here as a gift from God and a reminder to Mankind of the importance of Understanding Gods word and Love and Worship of HIS Father, The Father, GOD.

That's what I understood anyway....That is also why Jesus is the only way to GOD not a way to himself. The Trinity thing does create a bit of a translation interpretation problem and I see your point. I could be wrong to but that is how I understood it.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Just for clarification Colonel....lawyer=legalities......this subject of Christ and the color he is...is nothing more than legalities...the point I was making 3-4 posts prior to this when I asked, "if Jesus was here today, would "it" be an issue to him?" and you answered yes......legalities buddy.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
From Matthew 5:

17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

This sorta contradicts what you say, Seekof.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join