It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Abilities of Human Beings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It is clear humans have the ability to do unimaginable things based on the configuration of our brains and hearts. Why is it, do YOU think, that people have access to information and innate knowledge that would allow a total transformation but do not change? I think it's because you like it. What's the purpose of things like the prefrontal cortex, corpus callosum, and the neurons in our hearts? Ductless glands all over your body but science cannot tell you what they do. I can, but even then, nothing would happen. This is a challenge. You have no choice but to take it.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I generally am not one to jest about a post, but that made VERY little sense.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
There's a couple of theories kicking around.

One is racial memory which you may be familiar with.
Has to do with how we know things we've never been exposed to.

Part of that is that skills you learn in your life are passed on to your children.
Take a look at bike riding and how long it took you to learn it.
Odds are your children will learn how to ride much faster and much better.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Interesting theory....but i think that personal ability still is individual and not inherant.Some things such as psychic ability might be passed on, but its use is an individual choice and the desire to learn and practice these abilities is through this choice.

I guess i should clairify what i was trying to say.

Is the end product of being psychic natural ability?, or the development of already existing abilitys and recognition of this.

Parker

[edit on 5-3-2006 by parker]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I want to know how to tap into my untapped abilities. I feel like they are there but just out of reach.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Why is it, do YOU think, that people have access to information and innate knowledge that would allow a total transformation but do not change? I think it's because you like it.

I'm trying to wrap my head around your question. Do you mean like someone could change a relationship but chooses to stay in it or not fix it because they like it?

What is the "it" they like so much that they do not change even after having access to information and innate knowledge that would allow a total transformation?

I am so very curious now about what you speak.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
By "secret abilites" do you mean pyschic abilites? If you do mean that then I belive that everyone is born with some, we just need to find them!

I hope that that is what you are talking about

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Here is an example of minor psychic ability, I know some of you will just say blah blah blah coincidence, but these occurences happen much to frequently for me to regard them as random occurence. I was watching television last night around 7.00 pm. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in which seemed to be the right part of my brain (this pain was rather abnormal, felt as if my brain was unraveling). Immeditely I thought of my girlfriend and I was worried about her. So I called her to find no answer, I figured she was just busy working. About half an hour later she returned the call telling me she had gotten and into a scrap with a jealous girl who had lost her job to her, however my girlfriend was fine and actually the other girl left in an ambulance because she hit her head as she fell...Two kinds of psychic foresight, visual representations and just gut feelings. Instinct maybe?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by neurocardiology
I can, but even then, nothing would happen. This is a challenge. You have no choice but to take it.

Could you elaborate please. It's better than playing "20 Questions".

Thanks

[edit on 9-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don't feel the heart has anything to do with psychic abilities. The corpus callosum just joins the hemispheres of the brain and allows them to work in unison. There is no point in relating certain parts of the body to abilities, especially without proof. I can just as easily say that your appendix is responsible for psychic abilities, or your coccyx (actually quite a few people believe the latter one).

Why is it, do YOU think, that people have access to information and innate knowledge that would allow a total transformation but do not change?

What are you suggesting? We could do some form of brain surgery to enhance psychic powers? Why don't you figure out how it works, and then we'll let you be the first guinea pig. The fact is.... WHAT INFORMATION? What are you talking about? There is no credible information out there to back up anything you said, and your whole statement is just a riddle anyways.

Give us your hypothesis on what the things you listed do, why you feel that way, any sources you have, how you plan to conduct experiments and prove it, and maybe it can be more than just a pseudo-rambling farce.

I deny your challenge. Make a coherant statement, and maybe I will reconsider.

And Eternal_Punisher, seriously, you may want to go and get that checked to make sure you don't have a tumor or something.

[edit on 9-3-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I've been gone for quite a while but now I'm back. Hope some of you are still interested even though it has been a bit of a spell. Here's my statement in as clear a tone as possible (despite the utter complexity of this subject): Human beings have been engineered to have very powerful abilities. Some of the tremendous engines we have for these abilities are as follows:
the neurons within the heart and their constant communication with all human beings within about 12 feet (heart waves are almost 4 times stronger than brain waves-NEUROCARDIOLOGY!!), the corpus callosum within the brain-an obviously manufactured physical component which allows for consciousness to develop (Read Jaynes' Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind), and the many ductless glands all over our body which science has either no or little explanation for despite many human experiences regarding their function (u.g. krishnamurti for example). And I believe it was Crick of Watson and Crick (the DNA guys) who said that without a doubt the formation of life on our planet was NOT accidental. The continuation of my statement is that despite the availability of this information (not to mention all the other crazy stuff out there) people still choose to be total automata, searching for some answer outside themselves like a computer program run amok, when the answer is within you right now. Why doesn't anyone else take the challenge? You have no choice, why not win? It's more fun anyway!

Oh-forgot to mention the prefrontal cortex!!! Now we're talking!! Read Biology of Transcendance for some prefrontal stuff and some neurocardiology stuff if you're interested in some beginner reading.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by neurocardiology]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg

Part of that is that skills you learn in your life are passed on to your children.

This reminds me. I also belive that one's DNA does indeed change during their lifetime and that the mutations are passed on in the form of pre-existing knowledge in their offspring. If you think about it its silly how the media tries to tell us that DNA doesn't change and using it as fingerprints. If it didn't change then we wouldn't be evolving, and we are evolving.

Makes you wonder if theres not a different reason that DNA collection is so popular nowadays. Perhaps has to do with finding the Aryan race.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by joepits]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
what I might say about these 'secret abilities' is that it is just the powers that be, misinterpreted by us. We thinking we are doing it, which we are, but it is not truly us doing it, but we react on it. What is done is that which is, how we take it and act on it is that which makes us human. Also depends or how far we are on our traject. In our growth.

It is just human nature revealed, but one must have the rigth insight to it, perceive it just, as it is, this take turns as one experiences. But learn and go further on your path.

I'd like to add, that a human can move energy at will, at his own will by being pure of mind and thoughts, or better empty, and having touch with his energy, or the energy and able to move, form or give direction to it, it all happens normally too, but can be personally controlled either.. this just being you consciously in action.

AA

[edit on 22-3-2006 by alienaddicted]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I understand exactly what you meant: We often do not choose to manifest our abilities/capabilities because of fear......fear of risk, fear of the unknown, fear of not being conventional.
Our bodies are much more maleable than we suppose. Order your mind to solve a problem before going to bed, and you will have the answer in the morning. If you are taking a test, assign it to the part of the brain which would besr handle the problem.
I realized this quandery when, several years ago, I stated, "I want to be who I am in my own life." I then changed my perspective in order to manifest myself..this is a demonstration of free will, and the choice to remember who we are, and what we are capable of.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is pretty damn interesting. I belive that humans all have phsycic abilities, its just a gift we neglected, and the people back in the dark ages who got back in touch with their powers were burned as witches and such. I had a friend who was into wicca and such and I read through some of his books about different abilities and managed to astral project. I haven't done it since, but it really was quite a strange and satisfying experiance. This made me belive that there is life after death and made me belive in the soul.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
personally, i wonder WHY we might have these abilities. after all there must be some biological reason as to why humans can tap into these secret abilities and why is it so difficult to do so.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I believe those abilities are triggered in the etheric body following a command for which YOU need the control, like the Force in Star Wars.

In order to use capabilities that go beyond a conscious state, you have to bring a sort of dreamstate to your conscious life.
For instance with gravity: when you fly during a dream, there is a "logo" or thought (Thot) form that allows your brain to think against gravity.
Once you can harvest the right pattern, you'll need a structure (techno or bio) to amplify the logo from dream scale to conscious scale.
Then, flying will all come down to the calcium rate consumption of some brain structures and the bone density in relation with how the logo permeates the rest of your body VS the normal DNA heart twisted body rate.

The main problem is how the mind cannot easily recall astral patterns because there are interferences that prevent us to do so, such as how we are limited with how to focus light and sound into memory cores.

I think there used to be planets and sattelites that boosted psychic abilities, but they were removed for some reason and might even work against these potentials now.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
planets and sattelites that can boost psychic abilities?. In what way could that possibly help?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by neurocardiology
Why is it, do YOU think, that people have access to information and innate knowledge that would allow a total transformation but do not change?

Because this day and age, people deny everything they cant see. Fear makes them believe that we can not do things that go against their reality.

What's the purpose of things like the prefrontal cortex, corpus callosum, and the neurons in our hearts? Ductless glands all over your body but science cannot tell you what they do.

There are scientists who can tell you what they are for. They are for what most people call "psychic abilities". Most people believe that we create our own energy. However, they also believe that the energy we create is fully contained in our own bodies (I know its crazy, but there are a lot of people who actually believe that). Going with the laws of energy, the energy we create not only can go beyond our own bodies, but it also never dies. Sure our bodies die, but the energy that we started to create from the moment we are conceived, the energy that makes us who we are, does not and can not die.

There are neurons in our brains, hearts, and stomach. The only difference in these neurons is the ones in our brains have the ability to second guess. That is why you should go off your "gut feelings".

Our thoughts, our feelings, they are energy. The more intense the thought or feeling the more intense the energy. This energy can leave our bodies and affect someone else. Their neurons are capable of receiving these energies just like our own communicate with each other. That is why there is telepathy and empathy. Everyone receives other peoples energies. The reason most do not experience it fully is because they deny it. Their brains second guess it and say "its not possible".

This same reason explains why people can have communications with those who have passed. The people who have passed do not have bodies anymore, true. Their energy their spirit can not die, and they are still very capable of relaying these energies to us.

Dreams. The reason is the same for those who have dreams of communicating with those who have passed. Or those who have had dreams that have come true. When you are asleep, your wall comes down. You allow your brain to accept what you see. "It's only a dream".

Also, our bodies are like a pharmacy. The power of the mind is such that we are fully capable of healing our selves. Once again people are too afraid of this so they convince themselfs that it can not happen with out a "pill".

These abilities do take some time to learn as well. Just as it took time to teach yourself how to walk and talk. It takes a whole lot longer to forget what others have taught you and to accept that it happens. It is more natural to have and develop these abilities than it is to neglect and deny them. I truly feel that if more people do not start to understand this, and start accepting and working on these abilities, this world is going to go to hell in a handbag.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg

This sounds alot like 100th monkey syndrome, which although being supported by many, has one tenuous study that it is based on. Long gone are the days when a man could fix everything in his house, yet 100 people know how to make a tv.

As for secret abilities, we can't even decide how many senses people have: www.psy.gla.ac.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...

I'd also point out that Derren Brown, the master mentalist, can appear to read peoples mind, control their perceptions etc... but its merely because he uses peoples intense need to belive in the occult against them.

If there are secret abilities then how are we gonna know about them?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join