It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Notified Of Some Credit Card Usage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Earlier today I came across this article, describing how a couple payed off a $6500 credit card bill that didn't clear until after the Department of Homeland Security thought it was alright. Kind of scary.

They were told, as they moved up the managerial ladder at the call center, that the amount they had sent in was much larger than their normal monthly payment. And if the increase hits a certain percentage higher than that normal payment, Homeland Security has to be notified. And the money doesn't move until the threat alert is lifted.

[edit on 2-3-2006 by SeekTruth]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
ummm.....kind of gives you the impressioin they don't want you paying off your credit card debt, doesn't it?

too bad, that's one of our goals for the next few months, get the danged credit cards paid off...
hello, homeland security, is that okay with you guys???

lol!!!

our government has gone insane!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So let me see if I've got this right; since my new year's resolution is to pay off my credit cards and pay off 1/2 of my car loan I could be a terrorist? To whom the banking institutions who will not get all the interest they would otherwise?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
To be fair, you'd be quick to say the Government slacked off or were 'in on it' if they didn't keep a watchful eye on things to try and stop any future attacks. At the end of the day it didn'tr actually affect them, it's not like they were strip searched or locked away, at the end of the day basic detective work like this has to be undertaken, the satellites don't magically pick up every bad thing that happens!
It is creepy though that so few people have so much power they could misuse.......

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Agent smith thats pure bulls### and you know it.

They didnt pay for flying lessons, they didn't rent a 747 / 707 ect, they didn't do anything like buying guns, renting out loads of cars, buying explosives, but they did want to pay off a debt that was owed to the credit company. This had nothing to do with a future attack, its to do with making sure the people are aware of who is in control of every aspect of your lives.

No one moans about anti terror stuff aimed at terrorist nations or peoples. They do have a right to complain about unnecessary hampering of daily life by the goverment and its agencies.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i thought it was illegal for the government to monitor, track, or otherwise interfere with any money transfers less then $10,000?

I'll see if I can find the law that states this, but I'm pretty sure it's 10k.. thats why several corporations make daily deposits of $9,999 to overshore accounts every year.. because they cant send more then 10k without getting cued.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I wouldn't be too concerned about someone paying off a $6,500 debt.

I'd be more concerned if someone suddenly paid off a $100,000 debt. That might be something to keep an eye on.

It also seems like another excuse to keep consumers' interest rates high.

[edit on 2-3-2006 by Junkheap]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Oh great. Now we have another customer care dept to protect us "from ourself" on top of the damn bank. But only these HLS automatons actually enjoy doing their jobs. I'm sure AOL would love to hire them also.

Idiots!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
i thought it was illegal for the government to monitor, track, or otherwise interfere with any money transfers less then $10,000?

I'll see if I can find the law that states this, but I'm pretty sure it's 10k.. thats why several corporations make daily deposits of $9,999 to overshore accounts every year.. because they cant send more then 10k without getting cued.

You may be right, I've heard of this before. I'd be interested in seeing what we could dig up about it.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't see where it's just taken for granted that DHS's action just didn't affect them, or that it couldn't adversly affects others that this is done to. Maybe I am paying down a large portion of my credit card balance to free up credit for a future purchase, and well, am now sitting waiting on DHS to move their butts before I can buy whatever it is that I was planning on buying. maybe I operate a small business or something, and well, the inventory that I have already sold, is now on hold since the credit card is screwed.

The government gives out student visas so yesterday's taliban "ambassadors" can attend yale, but feels to need to interfer with my money as it flows through the system? what if DHS never gets off their tailends and okays the thing??

[edit on 2-3-2006 by dawnstar]

new topics

top topics

join