It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Young Males Wear their Pants So Low?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I am just curious....I think it looks sloppy. Is there a reason why? Maybe when you go to the doctor, the doc can just say "pull up your shirt," instead of "drop your drawers." I just can't understand why you guys dress that way. It stinks of gang life, and isn't it inconvenient to have to keep pulling them up all the time? I'm in my 40's, so pleaes enlighten me......I went to the city court today to pay a parking ticket, and I swear, most of the males looked like gansters with pants down almost to their knees in there..........WHAT IS UP????

Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.....

[edit on 3/1/2006 by sexymon]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I think if you re-read your post you'll find the answer there, minus the visit to the doctor part. Your 40 you dont like, so they do. Possibly akin to long hair in the 60's-70's.
If adults all sagged their trousers, they would do the opposite.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
so just to be different? In other words, for young adults to be un-adult? It certainly seems that way by the amount of them waiting for court appearances.....

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Bander Paul, I never looked at it that way, but I think you're exactly right.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sexymon
so just to be different? In other words, for young adults to be un-adult? It certainly seems that way by the amount of them waiting for court appearances.....

Italyan mob mafia use to weare suits and still do.
Inteligent Criminals use to wear suits and still do.
Of course you can not make every one a criminal.

1 I think we do it for the same reason girls use lipstik and other things they do, why do girls wear high heals? or why do girls wear make up?for the same reason boys wear the pants low.

2 It offers confort, tight up might be a little unconfortable for you know what and it might make you look a bit gay, it's okay for who is gay and it's not for who is not.
You would not want to be confused for what your not.

I wear my pants a little bit low because it causes inconfort if their stranded all the way up there.

I usualy dont think it makes me cool or anithing but i do think that wearing them all the way up makes me look funny.
Now depends on the sort of pants.
If it's jeans it's defenetly a bit lower.

[edit on 2-3-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
This fashion trend actually came from American prisons.

Inmates are forbiden to have a belt that may be used as a garrote, thus their trousers sagged.

Young gangbangers adopted this look and it spread as a hiphop fashion element.

Now you know the rest of the story!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Inmates are forbiden to have a belt that may be used as a garrote, thus their trousers sagged.

Young gangbangers adopted this look and it spread as a hiphop fashion element.

Now you know the rest of the story!

You hit it right on the head, whaaa. It's from seeing older brothers and fathers coming out of prison this way.

How sad is it that our youth wish to emulate losers. Act like and dress like a loser long enough and guess what you become...

Yep, just another loser with pants you can't run in.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well, if I am dressing casual, my pants would probably be considered low. It's just more comfortable for me. It's not a statement of any kind.

NOTE: I do NOT have them to the point where my ass crack or boxers are hanging out.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Well all the teenagers wear their pants low.... Girls and boys.

I dont think there is anything wrong with it, because people now days are easy to jump and say "ooo ooo your a chav because you wear gold and burberry"

It is a trend and it will fade out or maybe it wont. Well as long as they are comfy then hey hoe no damage done.

Oni x x

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bandar Paul
I think if you re-read your post you'll find the answer there, minus the visit to the doctor part. Your 40 you dont like, so they do. Possibly akin to long hair in the 60's-70's.

Long hair did not show the world a mans underwear.
Long hair was around long before 60's/70's, just not in the stuffed up Brt/US.

Originally posted by pepsi78
1 I think we do it for the same reason girls use lipstik and other things they do, why do girls wear high heals? or why do girls wear make up?
2 It offers confort

[1] Lipstik embellishes the color of lips.
[1] Heels re-defines a womans backside, makes it appear as if there is more than what there really is.
[1] Makeup, again, embellishment - to add to [or worse, completely change] what is already there
[2] Comfort? Comfortably walking around constantly pulling your pants up becasue they are falling off?
[2] Comfort? Comfort of knowing if I am with my wife in public that I am going to get on you to NOT show your damn underwear to her?

Originally posted by whaaa

Hmm, last time I was in, issues were sewn-in elastic band. Elastic with a low sheer point so as to be safe from malicious use as it can't be un-sewn without wasting it.

Where did you get that from?

Point being, I do not want to see some dudes damn undewear !! Don't tell me "don't look" - as you are everywhere I go.

NN

[edit on 2-3-2006 by NoNik]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Look at the bright side. If you're in a confrontation with a 'saggist', you already know he can't kick you above the knee. Defending yourself just became easier - half of his offense is gone. Even he goes to kick you, he has to use his hands to pull his pants up.

You know it is just for the look too. They cannot possibly enjoy spending half their life pulling their pants up over and over and over and over.......

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Just playing... I don't know why they do it? My pants sag a bit... Just a comfort thing for me. But I in no way intentionally do it. Nothing even close to this...

I just don't get stuff like this... I must be getting old or something.:shk:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
You know people just say oh its just a generation thing, like long hair. It is not, it is a gang thing, and is just another sign that our kids dont think things through anymore. You get kids that say its a comfort thing. It is not a comfort thing give me a break! When your pants are cliffhanging it cant be comfortable, its just the way our bodies are built. If its not above the hip bones its going to feel like they will fall down no matter how tight your belt is.

Some mentioned it came from the prison system. You were half way right. It is not because they couldnt have belts. I dont know how to put this, it was so they could have quick and easy access for prison sex, so when the guards came walking up they could just part ways without looking like they are pulling up there pants.

These same gangster types got out and kept wearing them like that. The dumb younger gangster wannabes saw this and didnt know why they did it, they just copied the older ex-prison losers.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You mean like this:

Originally posted by Oni x x
"ooo ooo your a chav because you wear gold and burberry"

You know, I did a picture search for "chav" on Google and found that they're not so much about wearing their pants real low as they are about trying to look like Run DMC. It looks like their caught in an early '80s breakdancing time warp. It's nostalgic. It makes me want to start poppin' again.

*runs to watch Beat Street and Breakin'*

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The real question is, "is it really worth getting your blood pressure up becuase of the way some people wear their pants?"

As long as the 'kibbles and bits' are covered up, what's the problem?

Sure, it might look stupid to some, but 'some' might look as equally stupid to them with their pants pulled up so far it gives them a 'camel toe' effect.

Don't worry though, the "extra long t-shirt trend" is coming to a town near you, so even though pants will still be worn low, the extra long t-shirts will cover up the offensive underpants and butt-cracks and some of those guy's sexy looking goody-trails.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by paulthefourth
The real question is, "is it really worth getting your blood pressure up becuase of the way some people wear their pants?"

When joe-show in front of us in line at the restaraunt has his underwear in my grand-daughters face - you damn right my blood pressure is going to go up ........ and will will come down moments later too, as I simply don't tolerate it.

NN

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoNik
When joe-show in front of us in line at the restaraunt has his underwear in my grand-daughters face - you damn right my blood pressure is going to go up ........ and will will come down moments later too, as I simply don't tolerate it.

I know you didn't mean it to be, but this might be the funniest post in the history of ATS. ROFLMAO!

That was epic!

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm so sorry for my earlier post, I forgot that we're in the USA . . . Where women in string bikini's can walk around showing off everything because they are expected to, and if some guy's underwear is visible, women start 'gettin tha vapors' and dropping like flies from the horrible offensiveness.

A thousand pardons.

I guess we should all go back to making sure every square inch of a person is covered, except for their eyes - or we could just move to a country where that's still the norm and if you don't cover up, you'll get stoned for such a fashion faux-pas.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I know you didn't mean it to be, but this might be the funniest post in the history of ATS. ROFLMAO!

That was epic!

Peace

Well now I'M just offended and annoyed. Under that new Internet Annoyance law, I can sue you now. So, hurry and read it some more, then promptly gimme yer computer !! I trust you will comply

lol

Originally posted by paulthefourth
I'm so sorry for my earlier post, I forgot that we're in the USA . . . Where women in string bikini's can walk around showing off everything because they are expected to, and if some guy's underwear is visible, women start 'gettin tha vapors' and dropping like flies from the horrible offensiveness.

It's in the context of suitable apparel per environment. A woman in a g-string is not in front of my grandchildren at the store. I don't see g-strings nor any other bathing type apparel at the mall at the drug store in cafe on the bus at the car wash etc etc etc ...... I DO, however, see dudes everyday every month all year long everywhere I go with damn near of all of their UNDERWEAR hanging out for all to witness.

NN

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I also find the fashion statement of low trousers exposing butt cracks and underwear mildly offensive but those people that allow their animals to "let it all hang out" for all to see [even little kids] really disturbs me.

Maybe we here on ats can start a national movement to "pull up your pants and diaper your dog" I don't want my grandpa to see the "kibbles and bits" either!!

[edit on 2-3-2006 by whaaa]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join