It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Young Males Wear their Pants So Low?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have the sagging pants and extra long t-shirt trend here. These t-shirts are so darn long that they look like nightshirts.

So not only do they walk around, grabbing their "kibbles" (or is it "bits"? Which is which?
), they also have to go under their knee-length shirt to get their wallet/cell phone/ 9MM
Oops...

Sorry, I'm 30 (and if that's old...) and I think it is the most ridiculous looking trend out there.

And the thong exposure on women is so out. Nowadays you might catch a glimpse when they bend down, but it is NO WHERE near as offensive as seeing groups of males swaggering down the street with their various boxer waistbands PURPOSELY exposed .:shk:

If trends in fashion coincide with trends in obeying the law...well, what you see if what you get.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Maybe we here on ats can start a national movement to "pull up your pants and diaper your dog" I don't want my grandpa to see the "kibbles and bits" either!!

And I don't want my grandson to see a woman's cleavage, either! I'm all for starting a movement on ATS. We can call it the "Let's Get Absolutely as Uptight as we Can"! movement!

I honestly don't know why this bothers people so much. It's fabric! Cotton. It's a fluffy little decoration around the top of their pants.
It's not going to jump out and get "nasty germs" on your granddaughter.

I can't help but wonder why some people care so much how other people dress.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I honestly don't know why this bothers people so much. It's fabric! Cotton. It's a fluffy little decoration around the top of their pants.
It's not going to jump out and get "nasty germs" on your granddaughter.

I can't help but wonder why some people care so much how other people dress.

As I said in an earlier post - it's the context of the dress. It's not dudes in swim trunks or cut-offs, it's their friggen underwear.

I don't know what part of the world you are in, but where I am, it neither is "fluffy little decoration", it's most of their damned ass of underwear hanging out, often to the point the lower leg seam is caught outside the jeans. Why the do they even wear jeans? It's not like the jeans are performing the function intended.

NN

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoNik
I don't know what part of the world you are in, but where I am, it neither is "fluffy little decoration",

I'm in the US and I was just offering another way to think about it.

Why the do they even wear jeans?

Why do you care? Seriously, I know it bothers you. And I sympathize. I just don't let crap like that bother me. I don't care about the 'context' of other people's clothes.

Not saying you shouldn't. I just don't get it, that's all. I don't have to get it.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Why do you care? Seriously, I know it bothers you. And I sympathize. I just don't let crap like that bother me. I don't care about the 'context' of other people's clothes.

Not saying you shouldn't. I just don't get it, that's all. I don't have to get it.

If I am out about on my own, I usually give a rat's ass. However, I care immensly at other times, as I feel it is completely inapropraiate to be standing in a restaruant line with my wife, family, and grandchildren, my Mother & Father, waiting to be seated while joe "screw your family" in front of us baring his boxers or briefs for all to see. That's for his house-hold to lay witness, not the general public, not my family.

Don' think I don't deal directly with this - my middle step-son dresses this way. BUT, not in my house, and not while out with us in public. He wants to drop his drawers, he knows to leave our group.

NN

[edit on 2-3-2006 by NoNik]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
those damn whipper snappers why in my day folks wore sensible clothing you know spandex, suspenders, hammer pants.

ahhhhhhh hahahaha

pop culture FTW IRL FYI.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
those damn whipper snappers why in my day folks wore sensible clothing you know spandex, suspenders, hammer pants.
ahhhhhhh hahahah
pop culture FTW IRL FYI.

lmdao

I can only assume you were frantically waving your finger in the air, and your false teeth poppped out on that last "hah", lol

NN

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Lysergic! Don't slouch! And what's up with your hair, anyway? Looks like you saw a ghost! And you call that a beard? Looks more like a donkey's tail!

Pull up your pants! Get a haircut! And a job!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Personally I like the look.
Most of the underwear that these guys are showing looks just like shorts anyway.

If they walked down the street with just the boxers on and no jeans, you probably wouldn't notice. I wear them around the house and even answer the door in just a t-shirt and boxers, and mostly people don't even know they're underwear.

The fad will pass over time, just like the skin tight pants of the 70's passed.
And some of those 70's pants revealed a lot more because they were almost painted on. Talk about seeing twigs and berries............

EDIT: Is this image offensive???

[edit on 2/3/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It beats the old "Kris Kross"....yeah you remember that one...wearing your pants Backwards

"Kris Kross will make jump jump"

Later
Sporty

[edit on 2/3/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
i have a theory. it's just a theory, so keep that in mind, lest anyone be offended.
my theory is that they are carrying a heavy load of ?expletive omitted?.

[edit on 3-3-2006 by larry994]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This look doesn't offend me, however I find it hillarious. These guys walking down the street with their pants at their mid-thigh. Usually they have one hand on their pants holding them up, and they have to walk with a bit of a waddle to keep them from falling down. Pure entertainment.

I'm just waiting for one of them to trip on their pantlegs and fall flat on their face.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
as to why?, it probably started with someone in the movies, or posibally with some one in the rap music industry. then as the 'fashion designers?' saw this fad, and realising that there is a large market for this type of clothing ... etc., etc., yu can figure out the rest.
with younger people, they are very impressionable. they want to look like, dress like and be like some of their favorite idols. or something like that.
remember, everyone was young once in their lifetime. who did you want to be like, and dress like??

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Besides the "drooping from not wearing a belt " in the prison styles mentioned earlier, part of the reason the pants were originally worn that low was to allow criminals to carry their weapons that were too long to fit into the old pants pocket. The reason the pantleg was also stuffed into the sock was the same to keep said weapon from falling out pants leg, emulating the gangsa fashion even though most people couldn't tell you why.

Hopefully it soon will pass as a fashion, like wearing soothers when you go to nightclubs/raves because the drugs either make your mouth dry or make you drool--real cool eh.

I can handle a little droopy drawers, even though I would rather see a nice fitting pair of pants, but I really hate the pants belted below the butt--At least I know they won't be able to run far or fast.

I also like a good kilt on a man, especially if they have great legs, but exposure can also be a problem there.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkie the Wondersnail
The reason the pantleg was also stuffed into the sock was the same to keep said weapon from falling out pants leg, emulating the gangsa fashion even though most people couldn't tell you why.

Another reason was to tell people that you were selling drugs. At least, I know for 100% fact that was true in Philly during the 90's...

:shk:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
um am i the only teen who thinks its retarded to wear your pants half way up? omg its unreal. if your boxers are higher up than your pants then you either have a wedgie or you need to buy a belt cause nobody wants to see your boxers in public, not me anyway.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
its funny for an old man to start a thread about sagging pants hence what if i asked why do all old men wear plaid shirts with them tucked in?

[edit on 11-3-2006 by snobird]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
it looks cool lol all my friends do it including me i like the scruffy look it gives you kinda like a "rich tramp" bit of an oxymoron though

Neutrino

[edit on 11-3-2006 by Neutrino]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
lies all lies

Sagging started as prison culture to signify you are someones property and so the master can have easy access

Then it became huge in hip hop and then for me? Skaters got into it mostly from listening to gangsta rap early 90s go fig

but yeha it all started from butt pounding.

Remember how all the preppy ppl would talk mad # about you wearing big assed pants but now its uber #ing cool and trendy so all the douche #s wear them.

hope that cleared things up

ps: Also people would sag when released from prison as a way to act like yo i aitn nobodys bitch i didn't get anally rape type celebration FTW

[edit on 11-3-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I heard a second-hand story of a bright young man who robbed a convenience store wearing such pants as you describe, only to trip over them as he ran from the police.

Natural selection will take care of those things, don't you worry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join