It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official Thread of Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Canada has just became a better place with its own thread on ATS. We don't seem to beable to obtain our own section, but lets not be greedy we'll begin with a thread.

Any jokes, stories, current news and events of Canada.. Lets post them here.

Any of you Other people who want to make a wise crack at us, Fire away! The best thing about us Canadians is nobody can burn us better than we can burn ourselves.

How can you not like us?

If you were to ask the population of Canada, you know Ron MacLean and Don Cherry would be known atleast 2/3's of the time more than that Harper guy.

What? Chretien is not President anymore? Prime Minister? What the...?

So what do you guys think? Hopefully us fellow Canucks give this thread some life and share some stories and events.

First rounds on me gents....

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What a wonderful idea chissler! Our very own thread.

I'll start us off with a joke (about beer
):

After the North American Beer Festival, all the brewery presidents decided to go out for a beer. The guy from Corona sits down and says, "Hey Senor, would like the world's best beer, a Corona." The bartender dusts off a bottle from the shelf and gives it to him.

The guy from Budweiser says, "I'd like the best beer in the world, give me 'The King Of Beers', a Budweiser." The bartender gives him one.

The guy from Coors says, "I'd like the only beer made with Rocky Mountain spring water, give me a Coors." He gets it.

The guy from Molson sits down and says "Give me a Coke." The bartender is a little taken aback, but gives him what he ordered.

The other brewery presidents look over at him and ask, "Why aren't you drinking a Molson's?"

The Molson president replies, "Well, I figured if you guys aren't drinking beer, neither would I."

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
J/k.

A Brit, an American and a Canadian are at a bar and they all notice that they have a fly in their beer. The Brit pushes it away in disgust. The American removes the fly and drinks his beer. The Canadian starts pushing on the fly over his glass yelling, "SPIT IT OUT YOU BASTARD, SPIT IT OUT!"

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
my favourite Canadian export

Shania Twain .

[edit on 1-3-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's all about the beer! (and I'm not joking)

external image

"My brother and I used to say that drowning in beer was like heaven, eh? Now he's not here and I got two soakers, this isn't heaven, this sucks!" - Bob MacKenzie, Great Canadian Hoser

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckaroo
my favourite Canadian export

Shania Twain .

[edit on 1-3-2006 by buckaroo]

Shania? Pfft. How about Natasha? Species, The Whole Nine Yards? Newfie born, raised in the west:

BTW, can we keep this a Pam Anderson free zone?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Its time to pay respects to our men in forces. Its these brave souls who risk their lives on a daily basis so we can enjoy our free health care and cold beer.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The Canadian Hunter...

The Canadian Romeo and Juliette...

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Our contribution to the best show on TV, LOST.

Evangeline Lilly. Born in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Shania? Pfft. How about Natasha? Species, The Whole Nine Yards? Newfie born, raised in the west:

BTW, can we keep this a Pam Anderson free zone?

Nah ill stick with Shania or

The very stunning Elisha Cuthbert From Calgary I believe?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It's true, Canadian girls kick ass.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Chissler , great thread. Love the coast guard photo. pretty much sums it up.

Anyways on a more serious note , this story of the murders in Mexico is too bizarre for words. I'm sure most of you have heard this story on the news and the complete inept and disgusting antics of the the Mexican police and their keystone cops investigation/ or lack thereof.

After reading all the articles and watching the news, the question that comes to mind is the motive.

There apparently was no theft...? that we are aware of.
Domenico and Nancy Ianiero(victims) didn't seem to have crimminals ties.
Doubt very much it was a drug deal gone bad.

The information given so far has only been from Mexico, and considering how they have dealt with this so far, the whole story could be completely different.

Link

This story is very tragic for the family, for the victim's daughter especially as this was her wedding. How to remember in future what was supposed to be a joyous occasion, only to have it marked by horror and sadness.

Sorry about the long link, not sure how to make it smaller.

[edit on 12/3/06 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Wayne & Shuster:

Tommy Hunter:

The Irish Rovers:

Though I've always been more of a Rush kinda guy:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Best canadian show on tv today, expect for HNIC.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I heard all of this talk about the Trailer Park Boys so I decided to watch it. It was funny but after a couple of episodes I was thinking, "That looks familliar", "That also looks familliar." Then I saw the NS Power smoke stacks in the background and BOOM, "That's my home town."

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yeah they film at locations all over the maritimes here. They have been asked to buy out by bigger American companies only to turn it down so they can stay true to their rights.

Canadian icons!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Yay Trailer Park Boys!

I've been a huge Jonathan Torrens fan for years. Jonovision rocked and he even made Street Cents fun to watch.

Also hilarious on Joe Schmo 2.

[edit on 2-3-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Since I’m all about comics I have to mention Canadian Todd McFarlane.

Creator of Spawn, co-founder of Image comics and creator of the successful McFarlane toys.

I live in his home town

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This being the official thread of Canada, and Hockey being the official Language, Religion and pass time of Canada I think it is fitting to post this information.

www.cbc.ca... ancer_geoffrion060711.html

Legendary Montreal Canadiens forward Bernie (Boom Boom) Geoffrion has died at the age of 75.

Word of his death came early Saturday, the exact date the Canadiens had set to raise Geoffrion's No. 5 to the rafters prior to their game against the New York Rangers at Bell Centre.

The Canadiens said the ceremony will go on as planned.

Earlier this week, Geoffrion assured Canadiens Alumni Association president Rejean Houle that his heath troubles wouldn't prevent him from attending the ceremony.

Alot of Canadians created alot of things, Bell with the Telephone, Naismith with basketball.. Boom Boom created the slapshot.

Passes away on the day his jersey is to be raised up with greatness.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by chissler]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Finally the weather here in toronto, canada is becomin better as in warmer. It reached like 10* C today. Goodbye snow

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join