It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does everyones idea of "aliens" not have any logic??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I have come to my opinion that, Aliens have not yet visited earth. I do not claim there are no Aliens in our universe, I actually think that would be impossible. Considering the amount of stars, in our galaxy, there MUST be a number of intelligent life forms.

Considering this fact, I have come to the conclusion that, for aliens to be visiting Earth in the fashion that they are apparently doing, they would have no logic. Think about it, for such a long time we have been visited by "ufo's" that simply fly there hyper advanced crafts into our atmosphere, do a little show of there skills, then dissapear again. This makes no sense, I think that we would see evidence of logic, similar to ours. They would send satillietes, then send unmanned probes, and then they would send a crew to make contact with the intelligent species.

I dont think the government would hide contact with aliens from the public, because, frankly, saying it would cause mass hysteria, is bull. It is all in the way the information is presented. If the president were to make an address to the United states, he could say, we have made contact with intelligent life, and they are coming to visit and do research of our planet, people would not freak out, they might question weither or no they mean us harm, but proper coverage on tv, newspapers, etc. would convince the general public that this is a good thing.

I also like to think that sometimes that we might be the most intelligent life forms in this solar system, it is just as possible, after all, as every other lifeforms being far more superior.

I am not saying everyone is wrong, or that I am right, I would just like to know if there is anyone who shares a similar view as I do?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Some days I think just what you said.

I am sure we are not the only intelligent species in the Universe.
I am open to believing out of the thousands of stories that circulate, maybe one or a few are true. But I remain skeptical. I need to see real proof. But due to being a highy suspicious person, I probably would still suspect it was a trick !

I do think if we were to turn on the news and see the Presidnt giving an adress, and it was real. It would cause mass panic.. I do think though, that after the initial shock, we would come to terms with it.

It would depend on what the announcement was. Invasion of hostile aliens would be too much to take.. I really think as human beings, that if we came face to face with a strange looking creature, it would be unbearable to look at it, or be touched by it.. If everyone was to encounter this at the same time, this would cause mass hysteria.

To be honest, I am terrified of aliens. I don't even like to look at a picture of one. But others are ok with it and may be dying to meet them.

I think the one thing we all have in common, even the greatest debumkers, is we all want to know if aliens are for real.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I agree completely. My personal thoughts on the subject are also way off the standard view. Why would Aliens be biologically similar to us? 2 legs and arms, 2 arms, 2 eyes, humanoid, head and body! Its very one-dimensional thinking to assume this. Why would an Alien be like us, and not say, a sound, or a gas, or a breath of wind, or even a thought? My point is that in an infinite universe, which I believe is teaming with life, any alien lifeforms would more than likely be completely outside our human comprehension.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by acura_el2000
I have come to my opinion that, Aliens have not yet visited earth.

Yeh, you just keep telling yourself that.

mod edit: reduced image size to restore page format.

[edit on 1-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Crop circles are a confirmed hoax, it was a couple of blokes in England having a laugh after visiting the pub. An alien civilisation advanced enough to master space travel would not communicate by flattening corn into patterns, its silly! An its a CONFIRMED hoax!!!

The flying saucer pics are always dubious. Again, its a primitave human notion of alien craft. The first saucer pic there on the last post is soooo staged, its like a promo pic. The others are equally unconvincing, they look very 1950's film set like and confirm nothing.

Also, the fairly recent revelations about the deliberate government plan to generate belief in ufo's to deflect attention from top secret zero-point aircraft should explain a lot of the strange sightings of crafts in the skies.

Ram

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Thats great...Thats a great conclusion..Sometimes - i try remember what it was like to feel like that... That's really a problem. You don't know - unless you try to understand.

They would send satillietes, then send unmanned probes, and then they would send a crew to make contact with the intelligent species.

Intelligente species?? which one. Maybe the holy cows in India.. "Probe that cow.."
- "Yes sir."

I dont think the government would hide contact with aliens from the public, because, frankly, saying it would cause mass hysteria, is bull.

Are they really saying that...? Who came up with that idea in first place - you know -
Day 1: Should we say it could be a Thursday...at 10:00 oclock.. People are working as usually...Jobs just started. Children sent to school and stuff. And did you remember to bring food...Or do you buy when on job. Allright..
At 10:30 - the first broadcast has reached the publich...
People start talking about it - at lunch-break. That is the first situation. This is where most people would still laugh and handle it as a joke... Nothing happens..
The day goes on - and people get home from work... everybody are reasuring eachother that it is a joke. Later same evening - everybody sees it on the news - unless you change the channel to ignore it. But every channel has the same news...
We see freinds shaking hands... Or do we call them aliens? On TV. - Now that is the time when people start freaking out... It's called "wakening up"........... Then there is no-more "choosing side"
Many people will go outside..their home and have a look around...Some will need a couple of years to understand the situation. In other words - a few people will return to their job next day, hold meetings - be silent and paranoid.
People would freak out...i think. Cause roles would change - the people would not need to make fun of the nut cases anymore... It will all turn upside down, and people would start using theire brains.. They will sort of be activated - like places in their minds has been burried for ages, now have to evolve....In 10 seconds.
The entire planet would change within a few days... And that is not possible..Without some mass hysteria - cause we are not ready...Or adult enough to make it through that procces. But there is hope.
Within every country on this planet are people who know what to do...They would actually feel right at home in such a caos...They would know what to do, and what words to speak. Cause they have prepared for many years...

But the we have the violent ones...Violence... The human monkey..minds.
It's all very simpel...Really.
I don't think they come here, cause why would they go landing on a planet - that would lead to some outraged murder...and violence. I thought of it yesterday - i imagined a person beat an alien... And that could be the case.. That some paranoid moron would sorta "beat the crap" out of some alien being... That is the mindset of this planets intelligent lifestyle. Some people just aint got the nerve to go through such an event... Cause the image they have of "life" is to agressive.... We can't even control Racisme. So how on earth should we be able to handle Aliens??
Yeah - some people think a small amount of anger means nothing - But it means alot to the "aliens" Cause they know what it leads to... Cause anger grows into wars. We are simply not intelligent enough to handle it - cause we live like slaves. And that is the whole system...

And that could be a reason to hide information - but - it solves nothing...And will make nature collapse And flip the poles.. Which could lead to publich contact anyway. And the number of hurricans will increase.

It is all in the way the information is presented. If the president were to make an address to the United states, he could say, we have made contact with intelligent life, and they are coming to visit and do research of our planet, people would not freak out, they might question weither or no they mean us harm, but proper coverage on tv, newspapers, etc. would convince the general public that this is a good thing.

Yes.. But then again we have the problem - that it's keept secret, by people who know more than the president. Don't ignore that part... The president aint the wise guy around here...He don't make all the decisions around here. Did you ever here about secret projects? You are completely leaving that part out............ Again a sign of the total caos that will arise. Don't trust the president man!! You see - that is the whole deal. That is the trouble about lies... Everybody just sink into ignorance..Ignorance is like slavery...We think it's all perfect...We have an image of our World.. Don't change it. I don't think the president would - be informed in the fist place... You have no idea. "Oh God................................
DONT PUT IT IN A BOX MAN!!! lol*..... Oh lord. They will never see it happend....They are so blind....It's a miracle you make such blind intelligent beings...."
Black secret stuff project...You know they have names...They have secrets... Oh God - they will never know....!!! People will never understand unless the President tells the story....OH MY GOD!...Muhahaha...

Well to make it simpel...It's not.

I also like to think that sometimes that we might be the most intelligent life forms in this solar system, it is just as possible, after all, as every other lifeforms being far more superior.

I am not saying everyone is wrong, or that I am right, I would just like to know if there is anyone who shares a similar view as I do?

"Humans are created to be intelligent..."

To be superior - could be to have a better PC - Or understand and live in harmony... As a nation on a planet. Meaning - not to make wars - or destroy nature...It's really simpel - but it's not.

Superior can for some mean - better weapons... But is that really intelligent?
I don't fully share the same view...Though i use to share it. I don't anymore.
Im one of those who came to another opinion.

But what does it really matter - For any of us?

[edit on 1-3-2006 by Ram]

[edit on 1-3-2006 by Ram]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ram,
I understand what your trying to say about how we cant control even our rascists, eg. KKK, however they are, for the most part, just some rediculous cult of redneck trash, that dont have any say in any daily lives. great guys, do your little stupid marches in your pillowcases, it really dosent change anything, other then make them look stupid. I feel that even they might be able to comprehend that the aliens are not here to live, are not here to take over, and there not here to work at a factory and "take your blue collar jobs." Maybe, human form is the only way that alien life can exsist, and maybe the aliens will be white people from their equivilant to alabama. ahah.

As far as the president not knowing about aliens, and other people running the government. I belive that this is true, however the president is elected as a public representative of the U.S. and since this visit is the very first, the aliens would contact him, and he would be the one to break the news to the public. I cannot belive that we have made contact with aliens, and some military dude is puffing away on a cigar in a dark room, hiding alien information from the world. there are an immense deal of things we could learn from a race, advanced enough to make it to earth, even from the closest star. Alot of them would have no benefit to military use, and alot would be far too expensive to be usefull in any wars. and the aliens would not bring a WMD as a gift.

I think that its true that UFO sightings are simply undisclosed spy planes, etc. and I feel fine with those types of equipment being kept a secret. I would love the ability to know about and look around in places like boeings skunk works, or area 51. It would be neat to see how far they have come, and what they are working on. I dont think that alien technologies have surfaced in what we have developed in the past, these planes are just works of people who can think outside of normal thought, and come up with solutions to problems that dont exsist, and its not just one person that pens a stealth plane, its teams and teams of people. and those technologies are over 30 years old. every single UFO sighting picture, i have seen, has been blurry and cannot be proven to be something out of this world. think about it, 30+ years ago they were flying things such as the b-2 bomber? common they have got to be flying some interesting shapes nowadays.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knight783
Crop circles are a confirmed hoax, it was a couple of blokes in England having a laugh after visiting the pub. An alien civilisation advanced enough to master space travel would not communicate by flattening corn into patterns, its silly! An its a CONFIRMED hoax!!!

Unless you're able to reproduce something like

i don't think you have a leg to stand on, sure a number of dimwits hoaxed a few circles, but they're easily discernible, no symmetry, broken shafts and so on.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
so your saying alien visitors are actually artists who travel for light years, find a nice crop, and do some neat little circles, then take off and head back thousands of light years, to there home?
ya, id say crop circles are undeinable proof of aliens....

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

so your saying alien visitors are actually artists who travel for light years, find a nice crop, and do some neat little circles, then take off and head back thousands of light years, to there home?
ya, id say crop circles are undeinable proof of aliens....

You say that as if you know what goes on in an ET's head when they create these circles.

Some are hoaxes, yes. But some are just too darned complex and accurate for a couple of guys with planks of wood to create in one night.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I agree acura and have also thought the same. Why make cute designs in a wheat field? Just land the damn thing and say hello!

[edit on 1-3-2006 by mecheng]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
acura_el2000

You and others raise many good questions.

The alien races are trying desperately to open a relationship with our world, but our main leaders are actually trying to conceal their own operations of Earth from us, which our discovery and relationship with other life is going to expose. Our visiting races are trying to help us survive ourselves with the way we live as a race on this planet, and they treat our race as one with no separation between governments and their people.

The leading governments stop at nothing to threaten individual humans who learn and spread the truth about the alien races. This makes it very dangerous right now, still, for humans to have knowledge and evidence of alien life. It also makes it a grave responsibility for the alien races to "show up" to humans the way many suppose they should.

But make no mistake, there are great educational courses going on in private from the alien races to individual humans, both in professional positions of government and through the publics. The more we know first-hand when it comes time to globally meet the alien races, the easier it's going to be for our race, and the less the common publics will trust the disinformation and misrepresentation by governments over the words of the alien races.

Crop circles are both authentic messages from our visiting races encoded to prevent actual copy by devious humans, and poor human copies to successfully discredit authentic ones. Most you see are now fakes, and the fakers even claim authorship of the authentic. The result is confusion, causing any human who sees them to believe they are all fake- and as well alien life.

Our world leaders will "never" allow disclosure of what they know of our visiting races, because that disclosure is going to show what they themselves have been doing with and to our visiting races, and with and to their own people.

When common humans as a group finally befriend our visiting races, we are going to actually change the way we run our world. We will end war, rampant diseases, starvation, and homelessness. We will spread education as fast we can to all people, unite our countries and secure the longevity of our race into an endless future. All this at the glutton, selfish expense of a few hoarding groups of humans on Earth who don't think past the next barrel of oil, destruction of a coral reef, or alcohol or tobacco tax.

All the other races of people have already done it with each other's help. What's holding us up on Earth already? I will tell you, it's willful cosmic ignorance and isolation guarded and perpetuated by the humans who run Earth.

[edit on 3/1/2006 by EarthSister]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Lets see the basic definition of logic is to reason,
or the study of reasoning.

The fundamental problem most people have is to think that logic is

universal. Its not. You see what seems logical to one person maybe

illogical to another. Circumstances are not Universal.

For instance in math , one apple plus one orange equals two pieces of

fruit. Easy, any other answer is illogical.

But when you multiply possibilities things are no longer valued in terms of

right and wrong answers.

For instance in a game of Chess , there is no Logical first move. There are

many first moves that correspond to certain strategies and those are

dependant on the goals of the player.

Unless the goals of the player are known , the first move in the game may

seem insignificant or even illogical to the other player that does not know

the goals of his chess opponent.

Imagine how much more complicated the encounter between two

Civilizations who are unaware of the others existence would be compared

to a game of Chess.

Think about it, for such a long time we have been visited by "ufo's" that

simply fly there hyper advanced crafts into our atmosphere, do a little

show of there skills, then dissapear again. This makes no sense, I think

that we would see evidence of logic, similar to ours. They would send

satillietes, then send unmanned probes, and then they would send a crew

to make contact with the intelligent species.

O.k. Now there is no reason to assume that what they came here to do

was to show Humans something.

But if you are assuming that they are here for that reason , then

disappearing from your sight would be illogical. This should tell you that

your original assumption was incorrect. You don't try to fit observations

into your assumptions , you build your hypothesis around the observations.

They would send satillietes, then send unmanned probes, and then they

would send a crew to make contact with the intelligent species.

This gets back to circumstances. Humans only know Space exploration from

our experience over the last 59 - 60 years. The way I think about it is that

we can not expect them to conform to what we did over the last few

years , because if they got here from another Solar System they would

have to be far more advanced at Space exploration than we are. We

obviously will do things different in the future as our circumstances will be

different.

This leads me to my final thought about this for now. When Humans find

another semi-advanced form of life or life on another Planet at all , we will

not send a meet and greet party to find their equivalent to the

" White House Lawn" . We will stand off and research for quite a long time.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
lost_shaman
you definatly raise a good point on logic. It varies greatly depending on the view you observe it from, BUT I still think that with intelligence comes logic, and humans are not necessarily looking at the logic in the correct way, I tend to think that for the large amount of years UFO's have been sighted, if these are aliens first attempts at studying us thats gives an extremly advanced race, a long time to come up with a battle plan to attack us. However, I do not feel that is the goal of any visitors. Even if the race was infinatly more inteligent then us, think of the opotunities and insight it would give them to perhaps there own development. Think of it in our history, what if we could view the cavemen, even though we have nothing to gain from them, we have a chance to discover were early civilization started, rather then scientific speculation.

now back onto topic of logic. if they do not come with intentions of war, or study, what other type of purpose would there visit serve? because a take over of the planet would involve a huge war, that we would ultamitly lose due to even the fact that the have higher ground.

If aliens did intend to find earth because there planet is doomed, and they have the technology to travel thousands of light years, then i would assume they would have the tech to simply terra-form a planet much closer to there home, and if going to a planet within there system is too close for the impending doom, then i think they would be intelligent enough to understand that they are doing the same to a race, (dooming them), as they are trying to prevent to their own culture. It would be too much of a stretch to say they would simply destroy us and relocate. they would work with us, and find a suitable place to co-exist.

very sorry if my thoughts jump around, its very hard to express myself without spending a very very long time organizing everthing.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well said lost_shaman.
It's called Temporal Chauvinism. And it refers to our thinking that an intelligent being from another star system would behave as we do.
In all likelyhood they will not bear any resemblance to us. Nor will
they think the way we do.
Thankfully they don't have a barbaric mindset like Ghengis Khan.
They indeed seem to be quite simple minded if I were to believe
the accounts here at ATS.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well you said some insightful things at least you nearly did anyway.

I tend to think that for the large amount of years UFO's have been sighted,

if these are aliens first attempts at studying us thats gives an extremly

advanced race, a long time to come up with a battle plan to attack us.

First half of this statement could have easily come straight out of my own mouth.

Second half, is the statement of a popular fear. Think Independence Day.(Or just insert any other Alien movie here, except Close Encounters of the

Third Kind and E.T.)

While fear can be beneficial to your health in Daily life it does us no good

when rationalizing cause and effect scenarios.

This gets back to what I was talking about developing our Hypothesis'

based on our observations.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Let me agree with Shaman there and say: Fantasies about aliens in any way attack or invading us is just that, fantasies, based on such things as movies and TV-shows. We can't expect them to do any harm to us, and to flip the coin, we can't expect them to help us in any way either. But even if they're not willing to help us it absolutely doesn't mean they're willing to oppose us in any way, there's a saying that goes 'Absense of proof does not mean proof of absense' wich kinda speaks to what I'm trying to say.

As it is I'm just waiting for the next big thing to happen so we can rush this along. I'm not really concerned about what the general populaton thinks, if proof exists it'll come naturally.

So sorry Shaman, I'm mainly a lurker these days, I simply don't have the willpower to dance with these bafoons. Got MSN? U2U me.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak

Yeh, you just keep telling yourself that.

mod edit: reduced image size to restore page format.

[edit on 1-3-2006 by sanctum]

Those fotos can be faked easy, in fact lit has been proven that everything can be faked crop circles included.

My opinion is that there is other life form in this universe because the universe looks infinite I dont know if it is but ione thing I know is that it's huge, but I dont think we have been visited yet by aliens.

I think the fantasy of people that want to belive that they are here around us has reached a stage where they will belive anithing because they want it so bad to be true so they make it true in tehir minds.

Every film that I know of spaceships etc are in low quality, why hasent anyone captured any film from close up to see the ship in detail with the metalic shape and what it has on it.
There is no such evidence.
Every film ever made can be faked, crop circles can be faked.
I can atach a string to some toy and film it in the fog with blury and pour quality image and there is u'r U.F.O

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
simply don't have the willpower to dance with these bafoons.

Ouch man, before you go ahead and call me a bafoon, how about you ready what I posted, instead of reading somones interpretation of what I said and then drawing conclusions off of that. I do not want aliens to come and attack us, nor do I have reason to belive that they are going, I am mearly stating that I feel if, that is what they are here to do, then it makes no sense that they have been apparently "been planning an attack".

also pepsi78, I agree that I have seen no evidence that could not be faked be someone with just a bit of skill. its all too blurry for me to belive that its real, it just would not happen like conspirecy theorists would like us to think.

Shaman, in reference to you saying that I am going with what popular movies say aliens are here for, I'd like to quote the rest of what you left out of my previous statement.

"I tend to think that for the large amount of years UFO's have been sighted, if these are aliens first attempts at studying us thats gives an extremly advanced race, a long time to come up with a battle plan to attack us. HOWEVER, I do not feel that is the goal of any visitors. Even if the race was infinatly more inteligent then us, think of the opotunities and insight it would give them to perhaps there own development. Think of it in our history, what if we could view the cavemen, even though we have nothing to gain from them, we have a chance to discover were early civilization started, rather then scientific speculation. "

now I wonder why you made it sound like I watch to many movies??

[edit on 2-3-2006 by acura_el2000]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Aliens use interdimensional travel to span light years in days or months.

They use motherships to explore distant areas.

They camp out and setup bases near planets they hope to conquer or infiltrate.

They also create bases on worlds that they manipulate and control via deals made with cowards and traitors at the top of each civilization they intent to enslave.

Postive aliens follow the above in similar fashion to try and save the dupes by asking them to clean up their act but the dupes almost always say no cause a ray gun is more fun in the hands of a power hungry traitor than it is to see justice and freedom for an entire people.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join