It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

black christ and the pope

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
ignorance to use scriptural sources to attempt a recosnstruction of who Jesus was and how he appeared? I believe it is ignorance to simply sit in a corner saying "Jesus never existed" and refuse to look over the documentation. Most of this is metaphoric by the way, so it DOES matter (ie: hair of wool indicates an important quality, something which he did during his 33 years of life...guess)

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Jesus is a made up figure, he doesn't exist so get over it. There is not a single piece of evidence to prove he existed during the time they said he did. I love how those people on that website think they are true Christians, they might as well be preaching Satan's words, oh wait they are.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
purely not a religous person^^

besides i just enjoy talking about the unknown. thats the whole point of this site.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Jesus didn't exist. Josephus, the Talmud, Pilate, and everybody else were talking about the tooth fairy. Anyway, at least your not attempting to revise Jesus Christ into something foreign. Why not be honest? Just say you don't want to be a Christian instead of pretending he didn't exist, or revising him up into something else.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Some statues/crucifixes are not painted to resemble the actual color of human skin. Many are just of the figure, and might be made of a particular wood or metal. Hence just about any shade of white, black, brown, etc.

According to the Bible which is the only historic representation of Christ (I'm not even sure the Bible should be classified as history, but anyway...), according to the Bible, Jesus was a Jew. Also, according to the Bible, jews were the offspring of Abraham. It wasn't just a religion, it was genetics. I suppose they'll allow anyone into the religion now, but back then it was different. So uhh, sorry, no black Jesus... unless he had a hell of a tan.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
No one really knows the exact look of Jesus, but this is what happens when you make a picture of your God look like yourself, and then top it off with a history of severe racism against another people who happened to accept the same faith. And then to make it worse your God wasn't from your people but from a mixed people, so your view is also a con. It just goes to show that people will make their Gods look like themselves.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
My art teacher a few years ago told my class that all those classical depictions of Jesus were often based on the man who commisioned the painting. Paintings were expensive in those times and only the rich could afford them. Since they were paying so much they liked to have Jesus have a resemblance to them or atleast look "white".

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
There is - of course - the ancient tradition that St Luke made some kind of sketch of St Mary, and from that sketch subsequent copies were made, and that the Orthodox icon representation of St Mary is directly linked to this original sketch. The idea is that the image was copied and re-copied over the millenia. *If* this is true then the images in Orthodox icons have certainly remained more or less unchanged from copy to copy over the last thousand years, so why not for longer? (Sorry, I don't know the dates of the earliest extant icons).

It's a big *if* though, as to whether there was really an orginal first-hand depiction of St Mary. *If* there was, and *if* the Orthodox icons depicting her have been more or less unchanged then I guess these pictures would be about the most accurate indication of what Jesus looked like. He is at leats half genetically St Mary's genes after all. (And before it starts, the tradition of the black Madonna comes much later in the history of icons and is not derived from ethnicity - read about the origins by googling: too much to go over in this post).

Just throwing an observation into the pot, and avoiding the sidetrack debate :-)

Cheers.

Rob.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytquin
According to the Bible, Jesus is Jewish...hence the title "King of the Jews".
-Quin

jewish doesn't = not black

jesus may have been black

i'll order the possible races of jesus by likelyhood (starting with least)

white jesus
east asian jesus
persian jesus
black jesus
arab jesus

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I find the already-mentioned observation that the Bible relates that Judas had to identify him with a kiss probably the most convincing implication that he was of the same skin colour as the majority of Jews from Galilee.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
What would it take to prove jesus was black to you people found something interesting the other day ill post it if you like

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Forgot to say. i always thought about this but many thousands of black people have believe in jesus for years without really caring about what color he is, but let someone black say jesus was black and that makes for trouble. If someone white says jesus was black then that turns out to be creditable, but only because it takes away the racial element.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Jesus was a jew. Jews were decended from Abraham. Jews are white. It's as simple as that.

Besides, who cares what color Jesus was? Go back in history far enough and all humans would've looked basically the same anyway.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
4th disciple. This is going to sound crazy, but I picked up a homeless man who lived in my old 71 Dodge motor home for about a month. He claimed to be the only one truly connected to Jesus. He was black, but he drew a picture of Jesus for me, and the drawing is of a white man. I believe the homeless man was for real. Many strange things happened while he was here, and I took notes of the things he said, some of which I have been discussing here in another thread. Anyway, take a look for yourself. Before you make a joke, just remember that Mary Magdalene didn't recognize Jesus when he came back, nor did Thomas, or Peter. Bill, the homeless man says that Jesus has been on earth since the beginning, and continues to walk the earth. Each time he changes his appearance, and name. But only Jesus was recognized, because he had to fulfill the prophecy.
www.jesusrevivalmovement.com...
Sorry, fixed that link

[edit on 30-3-2006 by stompk]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Jesus was not white. Jews are white because of intermarriage in Eastern Europe over centuries (or conversions from that region). This is a useless argument but it's important that everybody identify themselves with their God even if in a tiny way such as how he looked like on a limited mission on earth with a fixed purpose. Yes, none of the disciples recognized Jesus after the ressurection. Something had changed in a fundamental way, and I know it was simply because he had no need for his temporary body for the mission given to him. He probably looked similar to when Moses was given the law and encountered God in a semi-human embodiment (ie: the angel of the Lord who is different but the same, has human qualitites and thus able to deal with followers directly, but at the same time beyond us in a fundamental powerful way). Perhaps this also explains why it was paramount that 40 days were the max period he remained (the minimum amount needed to convince that he did the job , insufficient for people to start mounting a revolution to crown him king with so much still left to do).

[edit on 30-3-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
4th Disciple, my friend, I am sorry I did not see this thread sooner.

Hebrew Israelites were/are Black Africans.

THAT IS A FACT!

The very word "Israel" comes from the Akan(Ghana) word "asrae", which means "the first one who visited".

This was the name given to Jacob.

Khawm(Ham) has four sons.

Cush----Ethiopians/Nubians

Mizriam---Egyptians

Canaan---Original Israel inhabitants

Phut-----Somalians

Khawm in Hebrew means "black; hot, burnt.

Jacob's sons

Reuben Levi Simeon Judah Zebulon Issachar Dan Gad Asher Napthali Joseph Benjamin.

These are the twelve tribes of Israel.

And these are all African tribal names.

I am very happy to debate these facts with anyone.

Yahshua(Jesus) was a Black man like any other Hebrew Israelite of His day.

THAT IS A FACT.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
^^thanks and it is kind of important what color he is if we want to deal with the truth.

here is a good link for you who read this. about jesus mostly and jews a little

www.afromerica.com...

whoever reads that and still wants to disagree i dont know what to say.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
i would like to share lyrics to a song by Talib Kweli featuring Lyfe Jennings & Coi Mattison called "Give Em Hell"
My point of view is completely expressed in this song.

[Intro]
Okay
This what it is now a days right
Little noises and whatnot
I got one though
Ready or not

[Chorus]
It's all going to (Hell)
It's all going to (Hell)
Yup, we living in (Hell)
Yup, they giving us (Hell)
It's all going to (Hell)
It's all going to (Hell)
Yup, we living in (Hell)
Word

[Verse 1]
Every Sunday dressing up catching gossip at its worst
Couldn't see the difference in the Baptist and the Catholic Church
Caught up in the rapture of the first chapter and second verse
If we all God's children then what's the word of the reverend worth
Taught early that faith is blind like justice when you facing time
If we all made in God's image then that means his face is mine
Wait or it's that blasphemy it's logical it has to be
If I don't look like my father then the way I live is bastardly
Naturally that's confusion to a younging trying to follow Christ
Taught that if you don't know Jesus then you lead a hollow life
Never question the fact that Jesus was Jewish not a Christian
Or that Christianity was law according to politicians
Who was King James?
And why did he think it was so vital to remove chapters and make his own
version of the Bible
They say Hell is underground and Heaven is in the sky
And they say that's where you go when you die but how they know?

[Chorus]
It's all going to (Hell)
It's all going to (Hell)
Yup, we living in (Hell)
It's all going to (Hell)
It's all going to (Hell)
Yup, we living in (Hell)

[Verse 2]
I've been to many churches I've quoted many verses
I've dealt with my base self I controlled my many urges
I used to study my lessons
It was a blessing not a curse
I learned that Heaven and Hell exist right here on Earth, word
Studied with Rastafarians and learned from the dreads that Hell is called
Babylon
And that's where them crazy boar heads dwell
They got us thinking that Muslims like to make bombs

But real Muslims believe in paradise and the resist the Shaitan
So it all sound the same to me
That's why when they say one is right and the other is wrong it just sound
like game to me
It's like God skipped past the church and came to me
No that ain't vein to me
It's just a particular way that I came to see
The difference between those who claim to be
Religious and those that say they spiritual
And recognizing that life is full of miracles
You could see my glow in a rhyme
The poem divine 'cause it coincide with a grow in the time that those who
looking for God knowing to go inside

[Chorus]
It's all going to (Hell)
It's all going to (Hell)
Yup, we living in (Hell)
Yup, we living in (Hell)
Yup, we living in (Hell)
Yup

[Verse 3]
Yo, living in mass confusion
Looking for absolution
The gas seducing and psychopath produce the last solution
Based on his interpretation of what the words were saying
Trying to get to God but ended up doing the work of Satin
Religion create the vision
Make the Muslim hate the Christian
Make the Christian hate the Jew
Make the rules of faith
That you condition to and to you gotta follow
And God forbid you go to Hell
But if you ever walked through any ghetto then you know it well

[Chorus]
It's all going to (Hell)
It's all going to (Hell)
Yup, we living in (Hell)
It's all going to (Hell)
It's all going to (Hell)
Yup, we living in (Hell)

[Outro]
The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want
Just because the lord is my shepherd don't mean I gotta be no sheep
You feel me?
More blood is spilled over religion than anything in world history
We saying the same thing

This is from lyricsdomain.com

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Originally posted by mytquin
According to the Bible, Jesus is Jewish...hence the title "King of the Jews".
-Quin

Judaism is a religion, not an ethnicity.

Judaism is the religion of the Jews, which is an ethnicity, those of the Kingdom of Judah, or Judea (southern portion of the ancient Israelite nation) which was made of some of the Israelite tribes, the tribes of Judah and Benjamin, and also some of the tribe of Levi. Christ was of the tribe of Judah, and like it or not, he was white, not black. There is nothing racist about it, that is simply the truth of the matter.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pRoPhEcY

Khawm(Ham) has four sons.

Cush----Ethiopians/Nubians

Mizriam---Egyptians

Canaan---Original Israel inhabitants

Phut-----Somalians

Khawm in Hebrew means "black; hot, burnt.

Ham, had a brother, Shem, whom the Semite people (including the line of Jacob) are descended from. The Israelites are not descended from Ham.....

LUKE 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,
24 Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,
25 Which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Amos, which was the son of Naum, which was the son of Esli, which was the son of Nagge,
26 Which was the son of Maath, which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Semei, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Judah,
27 Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Shealtiel, which was the son of Neri,
28 Which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Addi, which was the son of Cosam, which was the son of Elmodam, which was the son of Er,
29 Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the son of Jorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi,
30 Which was the son of Simeon, which was the son of Judah, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Jonan, which was the son of Eliakim,
31 Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,
32 Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Boaz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,
33 Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Judah,
34 Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Terah, which was the son of Nahor,
35 Which was the son of Serug, which was the son of Reu, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,
36 Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Shem, which was the son of Noah, which was the son of Lamech,
37 Which was the son of Methuselah, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,
38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join