It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

black christ and the pope

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
islam dosent deny christ. who told you that. furthermore im not a muslim just one who thinks that islam has a point. muslim followers believe in the bible somewhat they think it is half truth. you know like columbus discover america. muslims believe christ was a prophet not the actual son of god. o i wont bother to call you any names. and im not offended. so dont worry be happy

lastly read the link tell if that dosent sound like jesus speaking.

read it dont just talk

www.hermetic.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

After becoming a Muslim in prison, I read almost everything I could put my hands on in the prison library.

You say that yet you just said your not a muslim , make up your mind

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
dosent matter where it came from malcolm is a well respected man

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
yup thats right not a muslim i never said whats in your statment. get your facts together

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4th disciple
......and like i say jew isnt a race its a religion. Religion can never be a race of people. people seem to forget that....

Ha ha ha ha! Funny! Try telling that to a Jew!
LOL! They'll go either way on that. Depending on when it's convenient
Some say it's culture, some religion, some race
How about, "It's a Jew-thang!"

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is a ridiculous thing to worry about (how Jesus Christ looked like). It's called the Arianist heresy which look's at Christ as a created thing (Arius was it's founder), Jesus Christ is the word made flesh, he will look far differently in Heaven than as he did during his 33 year lifespan on Earth for the task of atonement. Want to catch a glimpse of how Jesus Christ will look like in Heaven? Here (his return in Revelation):

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter."[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

This is why Christ ordered NOT to bow to statues made to resemble him by the way (most statues made to resemble him often resemble pagan gods in fact). Jesus Christ is spirit, not flesh, we should stop these worries on finding the cross he died on, how he looked like on Earth, Grails with holy blood, and so forth. We should instead think of him as someone we should walk, communicate, and follow daily, a living God (not a dead one).

[edit on 28-2-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
nakash you hit that right on the button.

A living God - whom died for us all to atone for our sins.

4th, well man take care out there, and I hope you've changed your ways due to religion and stay out of prison.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
This is a ridiculous thing to worry about (how Jesus Christ looked like). It's called the Arianist heresy which look's at Christ as a created thing (Arius was it's founder), Jesus Christ is the word made flesh, he will look far differently in Heaven than as he did during his 33 year lifespan on Earth for the task of atonement. Want to catch a glimpse of how Jesus Christ will look like in Heaven? Here (his return in Revelation):

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter."[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

This is why Christ ordered NOT to bow to statues made to resemble him by the way (most statues made to resemble him often resemble pagan gods in fact). Jesus Christ is spirit, not flesh, we should stop these worries on finding the cross he died on, how he looked like on Earth, Grails with holy blood, and so forth. We should instead think of him as someone we should walk, communicate, and follow daily, a living God (not a dead one).

[edit on 28-2-2006 by Nakash]

i agree with that but someone must know what he looked like, and im not worried about it just a topic also has anyone that responded read the link

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
4TH, your link made my macafees scream blue murder! wtf?? My firewall has reported 6 unauthorised probes by a pc in pakistan...Its been reported to macafee along with the link addy you posted.

Guess ill give any links you post a miss in the future.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Originally posted by mytquin
According to the Bible, Jesus is Jewish...hence the title "King of the Jews".
-Quin

Judaism is a religion, not an ethnicity. Look at Sammy Davis Jr. and Whoopie Goldberg.

It has been well documented that a great number of peopl of African descent occupied the Middle East. I think it's very possible that Jesus was a clack man.

jesus was hebrew...that is a race of people. the hebrews are the cousins
of the arabs. thus jesus was not black. he wes the hebrew messiah not the african messiah.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4th disciple
Why didnt jesus ever say christianity is the way, and like i say jew isnt a race its a religion. Religion can never be a race of people. people seem to forget that. anyway i got a link for evryone who looks at this thread. youll have to read the whle thing to get where im coming from.
www.hermetic.com...

jesus was hebrew...........hebrews were the originators of the jewish faith. maybe you should read the bible before you go talking about jesus and hebrews. because im shure if you cracked a bible open you would relise your thinking is wrong as soon as your done genisis let alone before your done the whole book

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
greebo u have some kind of problem. talking all that black stuff. do u have a proble with colored people

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Here's an attempt at reconstructing Jesus' face using forensic anthropology that appeared in an '02 issue of Popular Mechanics.

www.dadsdayoff.net...

An answer has emerged from an exciting new field of science: forensic anthropology. Using methods similar to those police have developed to solve crimes, British scientists, assisted by Israeli archeologists, have re-created what they believe is the most accurate image (above) of the most famous face in human history.

...snip...

Matthew's description of the events in Gethsemane offers an obvious clue to the face of Jesus. It is clear that his features were typical of Galilean Semites of his era. And so the first step for Neave and his research team was to acquire skulls from near Jerusalem, the region where Jesus lived and preached. Semite skulls of this type had previously been found by Israeli archeology experts, who shared them with Neave.

...snip...

Two key factors could not be determined from the skull--Jesus's hair and coloration. To fill in these parts of the picture, Neave's team turned to drawings found at various archeological sites, dated to the first century. Drawn before the Bible was compiled, they held crucial clues that enabled the researchers to determine that Jesus had dark rather than light-colored eyes. They also pointed out that in keeping with Jewish tradition, he was bearded as well

...snip...

For those accustomed to traditional Sunday school portraits of Jesus, the sculpture of the dark and swarthy Middle Eastern man that emerges from Neave's laboratory is a reminder of the roots of their faith. "The fact that he probably looked a great deal more like a darker-skinned Semite than westerners are used to seeing him pictured is a reminder of his universality," says Charles D. Hackett, director of Episcopal studies at the Candler School of Theology in Atlanta. "And [it is] a reminder of our tendency to sinfully appropriate him in the service of our cultural values."

They do go on to say that: "Forensic depictions are not an exact science" and that many would probably disagree with their interpretation. I would agree with most people who've posted here that what Jesus looked like is irrelevant - a black Jesus don't bother me a bit... but i imagine he looked more or less like his peers, as it still is today in the Middle East i think. Thought it was interesting none-the-less and worth the read. I hope when he comes back he's Latino or Asian - just to screw with everybody.

(edit)Forgot link.

[edit on 28-2-2006 by Rren]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
^^ i saw that pick before looks like middle eastern descent

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Another great look at how our Lord appears as we meet him (which will be far different than a little man on some clouds) :

4 Now, as I looked I saw a stormy wind came from the north, a huge cloud with fire flashing and shining around it, and in the middle of it something like amber, in the middle of the fire. 5 And in the middle of it was the likeness of four animals. This is their appearance: they had the likeness of a human. (1:4-5)

26 Above the dome over their heads I saw a sapphire-colored throne-like thing. Seated on this throne-like thing was something like a human. 27 And I saw something like amber with fire in the middle of it from its midsection up. From its midsection down I saw something like fire, and it was shining all around. 28 Like a rainbow on a rainy day, so was the sheen around it. It had an appearance similar to the glory of YHWH. I saw it and fell on my face. And I heard a voice speaking. (1:26-28)

Here's a famous depiction by Raphael:

www.wga.hu...

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
This is an often used description of Jesus in Revelations.

1:14 His head and his hair were white as white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire. 1:15 His feet were like burnished brass, as if it had been refined in a furnace.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Why didnt jesus ever say christianity is the way? furthermore how could jesus be a jew teaching christianity.

First R.Jehosua bar Josef did not teach xianity. there was no such thing at the time. Even the
term was not used until (as I recall) 50 to 100 years after the time of his alleged death. The earliest of the cannonical writings date from 30-50 years after the fact and were written by Paul
whose only contact with the Rabbi was in an alchol induced "dream".

What IMO R Jehosua taught was the return to an older " more pure" version of Judism and Temple worship.
As it was Paul that started the devine jesus myth and it is Pauls writings upon which this
religion is based it should properly be called paulianity

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Common accusations Stalking, but there are plenty apologetics for you to browse over that refute that, right at the top of my head I can tell you that it is obviously false that Paul wrote all the NT, when he self-evidently wrote only a third. Paul was taught and instructed by Peter and the other disciples, and he was an avid student of all the prophets of the Tanakh. He never changed any of Jesus Christ's teachings (or those of the Tanakh) and merely expounded upon the basic truths found within them (ie: he was merely a commentator on the work of Christ, but the most important analytical thinker of Christianity along with the other NT authors).

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
we need to have all the descriptions of jesus posted in this thread. skin of bronze hair of wool

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This is unbelievable, the fact that you are arguing about the colour and description of christ is absolutely ludicrous. We only know one thing, nobody knows what christ looked like, we can only speculate. How can you be so sure about somehing so long ago.
while your at it you might as well tell us what time he was born, did he work out, what time he was resurrected etc...
Grow up people, I would like to think that the members of above top secret are not primitive enough to get heated up about this.
I have to give credit to 4th disciple for keeping his cool in the midst of ignorance which I believe to be the greatest sim.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join