It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll says Brits are the world`s dullest people!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Hey,

I'll never crack on a Brit ever again... Only because sometime in your history. You gave the world this....

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
better to be considered 'dull' than
FRENCH...!

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Hey,

I'll never crack on a Brit ever again... Only because sometime in your history. You gave the world this....

Damn, now I look like a right fool! We British can be dull, but we make the best comedies in the world!

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Dull? You mean Belgium was higher up the list than us?

....Belgium?

On the subject of food, have you ever tried French food? I thought they were taking the p*ss over there when I went. "I might look stupid, but you can't serve up scrats and an old boot from the dustbin outside and claim it's come off the menu", I told a French waiter bringing my order. Turns out it was bloody horse steak.

British food tends to have an earthly feel to it, comfort food you'd say mainly due to the crappy climate we have.

Belgium?

edit: Belgium?

[edit on 24/2/2006 by FactoryLad]

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by timski
better to be considered 'dull' than
FRENCH...!

My God............but you're right. It must be a
nightmare being French!

Running from we British, then the Algerians, then the Germans twice, then the Yanks (in Algeria). In fact, I'm surprised they've never run away from the Italians.

it! They did! I forgot about the bloody Romans!

Incidentially.................what have the
Romans ever done for us?

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
fritz,

I don't know what it is... But I can't help getting this... Certain feeling from reading your posts. It's like you are angry at something? Someone? It's OK man... We are here for you. Tell us what's on your mind. We'll work it out. Here... Take a shot. *wink*

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Dull?... Dull???

I once stayed up till after 11 pm one night...it was sooo wild. Cleared the house of cooking sherry!:w:

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
anyone can come with a poll for any country

and very doubtfull any of the people who made the poll or answerd to have been here

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
...Running from we British, then the Algerians, then the Germans twice, then the Yanks (in Algeria). In fact, I'm surprised they've never run away from the Italians...

this what google had to say on the gallant frenchies...

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
^^^This is what is written at the bottom of the page !

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Yep, when it comes to comedies, biased as I am, great comedy = Britain

Better stop before I get told off! But I could go on and on...........Father Ted (technically British/Irish but hey), Rab C Nesbitt, Shameless, Fawlty Towers, Open All Hours and Porridge, GimmeGimmeGimme, Harry Enfield & Chums, The Fast Show, the list goes on and on..........

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully
Yep, when it comes to comedies, biased as I am, great comedy = Britain

Black Adder is hilarious! Much better than Bean, any day

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
EDIT- Golf was the Scotish, do some research before making accusations that we invented the most boring 'sport' in the world!

Check this out.

Chinese 'invented golf 1,000 years ago'
By Paul Kelbie, Scotland Correspondent
Published: 12 January 2006
The Dutch talk of a 13th-century sport called "colf"; the French say they first had the idea with "palle-mail" in the 1400s; but it is the Scots who have been most widely credited with having invented the game of golf.

Yesterday, however, another country laid claim to the game. According to Professor Ling Hongling of Lanzhou University, the Chinese were playing golf 1,000 years ago...continues
news.independent.co.uk

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
*said in slack jawed drawl* Well we're goin doun to dat der #ree in irack to infayd....*shoots a squirrel and shucks corn*

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
YE FREAKING GADS!!!!!

I HAVE ONLY JUST SEEN THIS THREAD!!

Well i definatley wont stand for this accusation of Dull.....DULL?.....DULL?

take a look at these pictures of British People and their past times!

and then dare to use this 'Dull' word again......

(midget throwing)

Bravo!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Oh yes, TVR's and Lotus's. Not to forget Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Morgan, Jaguar etc etc. Yes, yes, yes I know most, if not all, are now foreign owned now, but so what? The question you have to ask is why were they bought? The answer is so that they could take that unrivaled excellence and use it to make their own crappy cars, not crappy! Even though they actually, haven't *cough*Ford*cough*

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Oh yes, TVR's and Lotus's. Not to forget Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Morgan, Jaguar etc etc. Yes, yes, yes I know most, if not all, are now foreign owned now, but so what? The question you have to ask is why were they bought? The answer is so that they could take that unrivaled excellence and use it to make their own crappy cars, not crappy! Even though they actually, haven't *cough*Ford*cough*

an absolutley splendid comment old chap....HUZZAH!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Direct quote from GMI's site:

The UK is world’s most favourite nation in latest international poll

London , 21st February 2006 – Britain is the world’s top nation brand, according to the latest Anholt Nation Brands Index (NBI) created by nation branding expert Simon Anholt and powered by GMI (Global Market Insite, Inc.), a global market intelligence solutions provider. Switzerland and Canada are placed second and third respectively in the overall ranking, which was based on a survey of 25,907 people in 35 countries. This fourth global NBI survey polled respondents worldwide about how they view a country’s culture, people, and appeal as a place to visit, invest in or migrate to.

www.gmi-mr.com...

I think the 'dull' thing is just stereotyping - and anyway it appears 'dull' is endearing!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett

an absolutley splendid comment old chap....HUZZAH!!!!

Absolutely old chap, came across this article as well

Good news for the UK car industry is often hard to come by. But now it seems the global manufacturers are flocking to London to have their vehicles designed.

Ford is already putting the design think-tanks for its stable of famous marques under a single London roof. The Ingeni studio, in the ever-trendy Soho area, will dream up future models for Volvo, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Land Rover and Lincoln, as well as for Ford itself.

Nissan - which assembles 300,000 cars in Sunderland - is also closing European design studios in favour of a multi-million-pound development in a converted railway depot near Paddington.

source

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
fritz,

I don't know what it is... But I can't help getting this... Certain feeling from reading your posts. It's like you are angry at something? Someone? It's OK man... We are here for you. Tell us what's on your mind. We'll work it out. Here... Take a shot. *wink*

What am I getting at? I'll tell you mate! I'm getting on at the
French who still hold a grudge about we Brits not dying enough to save their pathetic little country from those ever so nasty Germans in both world wars.

Perhaps it was not enough that four of my uncles died between 1914-1918 and charging the then British government 1p a day for renting the trenches they used. Another two uncles lost their lives in 1940, protecting the French when they were running from the dreaded Bosche, AGAIN!

The other thing they hate us Brits for, is not liberating their
country in 1945! What utter
crap. In 1944, a two jeep patrol from 1 SAS and a single jeep from 2 SAS were the first allied troops to enter Paris. They did so in battledress, carrying arms, in full view of the few remaining Germans who were still there. The fact that they did this some 30 minutes before Pattons 3rd Army (?) entered Paris has been lost to history.

This apparent hatred then, from the same people who formed the Maquis to fight the Germans, but did very little without British SOE leadership, who managed to betray SOE agents, fellow Maquis members, and many SAS patrols from the Houndsworth and Loyton operational areas, as well as countless allied (but mainly US) airmen to the Gestapo.

Their cuisine, wine and culture are brilliant. Their cars are sort of okay. It is just that some prat decided that we should have this
tunnel below the English Channel to link our two countries.

We are an island nation. We defeated the Spannish and French armadas with, to quote Admiral Nelson, 'The scum and dregs of society'.

We Brits are proud that we produced the young boys, many not older than 17 or 18 who took on and defeated the mighty Luftwaffe in August & September of 1940.

We are an island nation, seperated from France and her lover Germany, by the English Channel.

I am all for the European Community and the expansion. So long as the French do not sell us down the river like they did in 1914 and 1940.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join