It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

moth plague

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Maybe I'm abit over reacting to it all, but it's starting to get downright annoying. For some reason, the apartment I live in has a never-ending supply of moths flying around. I have managed to catch and thrown out at least 30 of them out of the door, yet when I close the door there is yet another one flying in my face! It's very weird because, they always seem to be seen flying 1 or 2 at a time, I catch them and throw them out. Walk back in and see another 1 or 2 flying around! If this is the case, I would of seen 30 flying around at once! I checked around and there isn't a place they could be comming from, i checked all closets and cabinets, can't find where they are comming from. It's like they 'poof' out in thin air! Just like afew seconds ago, i caught a moth that was flying in my room, walked all the way to the living door and threw it out. I go back into my room and the dang moth is still flying around! It's weird and annoying. I don't want to kill them but this is getting me to the point where I want to call in a pest exterminator. =/

mod edit, spelling in title

[edit on 22-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
How big are these moths?
How long has this been going on: off and on, all the time?
Do you have reason to believe this situation is paranormal in nature?

I once has this happen with flies.
I had just moved into a new home. All the windows where closed. I would come home from work and 6-10 flies would be in the house. I'd kill 'em tha the next day the same. After a few days, it would stop.
I finally decided there was a food source in my crawl space and the flies would come in cycles as a new generation removed.
Once the food source was gone, so were the flies.
But, it was gross and a big nuisance...my sympathies

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
interesting to say the least.while I could go off on a few reasons I would say seek expert insect/moth guidance id call the exterminator just to find out what might be causing it.

Id say see what they say then go from there.Like DTOM said there might be a good lojical reason for this infesrtation otherwise I will post on other thoughts later.

Scarecrow.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I don't think it's 'pharanormal' pre-se, but after awhile of not being able to find the source of these moths i sure call it 'unexplained'! Yeah it's been going on ALL the time! This is happening non-stop for acouple of months now. After awhile I thought we were cursed because there seemed to be no end, plus the fact that you only see like 2 at a time, throw them out the door and there's 2 more backing them up! And yes, an Exterminator seems the best route for now because although these Moths are harmless, they are somewhat annoying flying in your fact constantly, not to mention they lay maggot-like larva! These moths aren't that big, they are small and brown.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
and sorry, if this does not belong to the 'pharanormal' topic feel free to move it where it best fits. I just somewhat thought there was a curse behind all this, but then again I'm trying my best to explain it best as possible, since there could be an explanation to it.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
No, who knows, it could be paranormal.
I just wondered what you think it the paranormal connection is. And, now I'm also curious as to the Scarecrows theroy

I'll be curious to see if you reach any conclusions.

I know I was going batty trying to figure out my infestation, but it was pre-ATS and I didn't even think paranomral or tin foil hat or conspiracy.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
No no dont get me wrong.There are many possible creations of this.

As you said it yourself this reaks of a curse.

As I am a gypsy voodoo guy,aswell as many other things if need be.
I recognized it a little.First off if you have captured one try to find out what kind of moth it is.THere are many kinds of moths out there.If the kind is not native to your land this is a good indication as to what might be going on.Many people can do charms and curses.The worst part of this is you actually believeing in it.If this is voodoo cursing or gypsy hex or any kind of slant towrds you or yours you will have to do what you can to get rid of it.
First has anything happened lately?

If so try to account as to who knows these kinds of things.Has any new or old furniture or things been bought.Have you moved or has anybody died.These can all be factors as to what is happening.Also if there are kids around thety might have something to do with this phenomenon.As I said there are many reasons as to why this could be happening.

Scarecrow.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I had a moth attack last summer, and so I am not looking forward to the warmer weather arriving !

At least you could catch yours ! Mine looked like moths, but when they flew into stuff, they made a clanking sound, like a flying beetle ! They were about in inch and half long, brown and speckled. And they flew very fast and very eratic and did not stop to take a rest. It was like the Birds movie, I was so scared of them! These things did dive-bombs, all kinds of aerial manoevers. I managed to swat them a few times, but hit them over and over & they dam thing would not die. So when it dropped to the floor I put a big telephone book on it & stomped ! I could not have any windows or doors open once nightime came. If people came over, i was like "qucik get in!'. I was actually locking myself in rooms, because i could not bear to be in the room with them. Other Moths don't do this to me. But these things I had never seen in my life. Also spraying insecticide on them had no effect. I never use insecticide either.

No-one else reported having these Moths.

On the topic of insects, It is like each year it is a new pest. One year i had ants, that came in armies all over the place. Got rid of them though

Then there was the ladybug attack. They covered walls, windows, like a carpet. But they don't scare me. year before that it was mosquitoes, annoying from being biten and itching. But everyone got those & people were going around looking all blotchy.

By the time I had the Moths last year, I have to admit i thought i was cursed. I also had hornets or wasps. But frankly i prefer them over these Moth things.

I also get flocks of birds, maybe they are crows, whatever they make alot of noise squawking. But they come around and circle my house and carry on for half an hour. Some say crows are warning of a death, and it did seem that someone we knew had died.

I also have 3 Eagles that circle my house, but they are beautiful to watch, but if i am out in the yard they fly over me quite low.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Whatever you do,im cautioning you get so angry as Moths keep coming,buy a Ak-47 and try and shoot them when they enter it will turn the house bad

These moths could have a nest or somthing nearby where do you live btw could explain it by the exact habitat,also they feed on cloths so don't leave cloths out you might think it's paranormal then if they dissipear

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Moths and many different insect ifestations can be results of different kinds of phenomena many fall into one category called curses. Now this can be brought on by many factors.Most of them being brought on by practitioners of majic.One very strong is that of native origin.

Many bloodlines of native peoples have strong connection to nature and its ways,so do many gypsy lines aswell.It is easy to curse someone you do not like,but generally most do not go to far into it.

It is said that many old shaman in the days of old,would set enchantments upon the lands they lived to ward off those who would do their people harm.Much praying to different gods and spirits would bring this about.Now we are not talking some petty practitioner interested in a few experiments.We are talking hardcore belief and practices here.Added upon and passed down through the generations.While many of these faiths have died along with their practitioners.Much of the majic is still out there.

Now having said that.Along with other enchantments and curses these things are very strange,and we get into a bit of territorial essences.

A certain charm can remain on a property or object for many many decades or years whatever. Many lay dormant until certain events take place like a certain stone is moved time of the year,or even the prescence of certain kinds of people.Even certain family bloodlines can kick certain enchantments or curses into play.

These things can bring about many certain events both amazing and horrifying. Keep in mind that with time most majic changes form and shape.Without proper attenttion or steps even the most carefully placed charm or spell or curse can have a wide variety of effects.

Anyway I will add more to this later.
Scarecrow.

[edit on 27-2-2006 by toraylin]

[edit on 27-2-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
If they are tiny moths, they may be fabric eating moths. I kept finding tiny moths like that and then one day opened a box of clothes and a bunch flew out!

Check boxes of stored clothing, fabric, etc. and make sure there are no moths hiding in there. My grandmother used to use mothballs, to keep moths away, but they really stink, and sometimes you can't get the mothball smell out of your clothes! But maybe they have something new and less stinky out on the market now, that will keep both large and small moths away?

I just saw an episode on the scifi show 'Supernatural' like the one Toraylin is talking about where the land was cursed by native people, so that if any non native people lived there they would be cursed...and then these developers came along and developed all the property and then people were getting attacked and killed by all sorts of different bugs. I sure hope its not anthing like that! Hopefully, its just something a little bug poison will cure, or cutting off the food source.

One other thing, moths are attracted to light and I find a lot by the front door where the big porch light is and there are lots there all the time and several can fly in at a time when I am not paying attention, and open the door. Also, if I have an unscreened window open and a light on I usually get moths coming in.

[edit on 28-2-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I had the same problem with lady bugs at my place.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I'm not so sure my case is paranormal. But when you keep getting these swarms of pests, it is kind of like "what is going on?'. But I think Climate changes may be the real culprit.

I do live near Native Indian Land. I have no idea where thier burial grounds are though. I do feel like moving and I will be sure to check it is not on Indian Burial grounds ! Good tip.

top topics

join