It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever gone to a chiropractor for a full body crackdown?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm making an appointment so I can get cracked. I heard it feels so good that it makes you see God.

Can anyone confirm this?

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you mean by a full body crackdown.

I've been going regularly to a chiropractor for many years.
Can't say one's ever been offered to me.

What I do know as there are different schools of Chiropractic and they have different methods to keep you aligned.
My current doctor does the Palmer method.
I know one guy going to Likfe College in Georgia, and I'm sure they're discipline must be a little different.

All I know for sure is I rarely get sick and live with very little pain in my life.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
"Full body crackdown" was my terminology, not a professionals. I saw this lady on a public access TV station laying on a table and her chiropractor alligned (cracked
) her whole body. She could hardly contain herself about how good she felt after the guy was done. I've read other testimonials as well.

Anyways, I feel like my body's out of alignment and I feel stiff all the time so I was thinking about making an appointment, though I haven't done so yet. I'm definitely going to do this.

My g/f says there's something wrong with my spine because I walk kind of slumped over like a Yeti.

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'd say it sounds like you need an adjustment. You shouldn't feel stiff all the time and walking like that

Just know all chiros are not created equally. And, as I said earlier they do adjustments differently. My current Palmer guys makes my back feel better than the other guy I used to see.

If you have no special problems and he/she wants to take X-rays every 9 months of so, I'd consider looking elsewhere.

Have you found one you like?
With any luck you have mediacl insurance that will cover part or all of the manipulations

[edit on 27-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Have you found one you like?
With any luck you have mediacl insurance that will cover part or all of the manipulations

I don't even know where to begin. I just don't want to get some hack that's gonna leave me a paraplegic and then says "oooooooooops.....sorry....sucks for you!". I guess I'll take a look at what college they went to. If it's something like University of Nicaragua then I'll probably steer clear. Any advice?

I haven't even looked into insurance covering it. I have BC&BS PPO and I'm hoping they'll cover some of it. What does an adjustment usually run?

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Dr.
Iv'e had a few conventional alignments and it does help with lower back pain that I have on occasion. As far as seeing God with a good crackin, I don't know about that but I did have an out of the body experience. I thought I
was in Lubbock. Whew, didn't last long!!

[edit on 27-2-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
......I don't know about that but I did have an out of the body experience. I thought I was in Lubbock.

That must have been a hellish, HELLISH experience!

I've always wondered if these guys ever slip up and accidentally break somebody's neck or something?

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Dr Love,

As DTOM mentioned, there are several different schools of thought when it comes to chiropractic medicine. The first one I went to was more from the "old school", per se. He used the older mechanical "vibrators" to relax the muscles prior to an adjustment. Upon leaving his office I felt rather good, with regards to muscle stiffness, etc. However, by the time I got home the muscular tension was well on it's way back to making me look like Egor.

Years later I experienced a hyperextension of several vertebrae that left me virtually unable to even dress myself, let alone tie my shoes. I went to a different chiropractor who used an entirely different approach. He used an electronic setup with pads that felt like fingers "drumming" their way up and down the affected area, different intensities and "patterns". He also provided me with an herbal based muscle relaxant as opposed to any pain medication. At first I thought, "Boy, this is going to be a waste of time. Herbal pain relief and the little drummer boy on my back!" Was I ever wrong!

While I did not feel as "relaxed" upon leaving the session, I did notice that it took much longer for the "stiffness" to return, and it was noticeably less intense when it did. His "adjustments" were much less aggressive and his concern/empathy was very genuine.

If I weren't 100% hetero and he weren't married we would probably be an item!

When I say, "Brother, I feel your pain!" believe me I do. Lord knows I've spent many an hour literally crawling out of bed to avoid falling flat on my face. Mine was a lower back issue with disabling shooting pains down both legs, to the extent that it felt like my legs were going to fall out from under me with each step. My friends and co-workers would say, "Watch out! Here comes the side-winder." ... as I would be listing heavily to one side :shk:

Hell, on a bad day, even Cro-Magnon man walked with better stature and stride!

Good Luck and Best Wishes for you!

[edit: to add & ?sp :bnghd:]

[edit on 2/27/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
When I had BCBS, chiropractic was covered. I think I had a co-pay. But here, it's only about $35-40 for a visit anyway. Good stuff!

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I don't know what to tell ya doc. Only thing I can say is I personally would be afraid to see a chiropractor. Even though I am sure it would do me and my horrid posture good. I am afraid of getting my lower back cracked and having flashbacks... You know? To my younger years. Bet I could literally see God or something.

BH... I love the new avatar. *wink*

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Any advice?

I haven't even looked into insurance covering it. I have BC&BS PPO and I'm hoping they'll cover some of it. What does an adjustment usually run?

Ask questions before you go.

I have Community Blue, which is the BCBS PPO in Michigan. I'm covered, less a $10.00 deductible.

FWIW, chiropractors have very low malpractice premiums.
That means to me that what they do is quite unlikely to make you worse.

One thing I do notice is that I am sometimes a bit sorer--like a sore muscle--after an adjustment. I think it's just part of the healing, it's always gone the next day.

Reasons I see a chiropractor:
deep muscle massage
gets rid of 80% of my lower back pain
keeps my shoulders from tightening up
fixes me up after I do a lot of gardening
good alternative medical advice

[edit on 27-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
man ofcourse it feels good. My cousin goes to a chiropractor and he usually gets his back aligned cuz of scoliosis or something, he says that its like a massage. Except you can feel ur bones move...lollol...jp i dont no abou that one.

i have to go see one in the future. MAn i need a good massage.....

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well, you know a real massage is also available. I walked passed a chiro. office that also had theraputic massages and other physical therapy.
My chiro said it would be of great benefit. It get the knots out deep down.
Massage therapists are starting to crop up all over. In stand alone office, beauty shops, doctors offices, spas. Nothing like the "massage parlours" that many might think.
In my area they are about $50-70 and last about an hour.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I've had great chiros and real quacks-I think the best thing to do is get someone to refer you to someone they trust and appreciate. You know, get some referrals so you know who you are dealing with.

My BC/BS pays for like 12 visits a year or something? With small co-pay I think-geez...can't remember-it's been a few years since I've been in for a good cracking.

The best chiro I had put me in a massage chair while I waited for my appt and kind of massaged me while talking to me laying there on the table too saying a relaxed body is the best one to work with etc....and then ::::crack:::::

but I don't think I've EVER seen God during or after an adjustment

now go get yourself a good 1hr body massage in a room with fountians, tapestries on the wal and music playing and you may well see God then....I love massages

now for one *warning*

There is a weird drive thru fast food Chiro-cult chain popping up to be wary of...something like American's Best Chiro...I went for a "free" consultation and adjustment and unholy hell I swear they want your soul and the guy never really did anything for me...had all these contraptions, this table that he'd step on a pedal and part of it would suddenly drop and he'd position me and drop another part of the table-making this huge thudding noise. and it's all done semi-privately in the front of a room where the waiting room is attached like an audience-freakin weird! Especially considering the private consultation rooms available, the X-ray room etc....I mean, it's not like it was a small place where it couldn't be done privately

He ended up giving me like 3 "adjustments for free because....welll I don't know-he just kept having me come back for free... wanted my soul-I don't know... and when I'd go I'd see all these people there for "informational classes" etc and it was like an evangelist preaching to hear this guy speaking...he hadn't started inviting me to those yet-thankfully...

now you may be asking yourself why I returned for the 2nd and 3rd time etc....well, they had a massuese (sp?) who massaged me for 15 minutes while I waited-I went for the massage!
and yeah-that was in a private room...bizarre...But yeah that guy...that place...the way they do business...and adjustments...WHACKED

[edit on 1-3-2006 by think2much]

[edit on 1-3-2006 by think2much]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I go to a chiropractor - if I feel like I got hit by a truck the next day I figure I waited too long to go and will feel better after the next appointment. One thing try to not find a chiro. who wants you to sign up for x amount of appointments in a certain amount of time. You may feel better after 1 adjustment and it may take more - each person is different and each reason for going is different. So you may not need to be locked into say 30 appointments.

I know people who go at least 1x a month because to them it prevents problems - me I go when I feel I need to go. Whatever works for you.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Ya i have been there once the first step is assessing your body to find the cause of your problem with a thorough examination including physical, orthopedic, neurological, and chiropractic tests.These newer correction methods are even safer, more comfortable and more effective than ever before.
you should consult an expert.

[gratuitous
link removed]

edit on 12/27/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

top topics

join