It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Impressed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
First hi and I appreciate the membership with this group...

I originally stumbled in doing google searches for invites to another site I'm looking to join. But some how I got caught up and found myself reading all kinds of different posts on this site for almost two hours. Totally should have been studying but this site was worth the loss in study time.

The are so many different types of people with so many different ideas. Yet there is commonality in everyone's approach or attitude to others. Everyone for the most part is polite, fair and open. In reading so many posts here I can totally say, most here understand the word subjective that it's okay to be so as long as we allow others to have there own opinions. Most the opinions/ideas/therioes I have read are again for the most part pretty well thought out. A lot of people know how to debate and have real intelligent conversations.

Sorry if I seem a little to taken back. I am 24 psychology student. I have my bachelors and currently working on my masters. I also studied philosophy really focusing on critical thinking, ethics/morals and learning to think outside the box. Something the majority of my family and conservative religious American up bringing did not teach me. There are so many well educated people I know personally which would have a hard time with this site. By no means am I saying wow I've never meet anyone like people see here but I just got so excited with a few things I read, so of course my reaction is more intense.

I think I'll have some fun here. As far as conspiracy go I'm not to extreme in my questioning. I love conspiracy theory pertaining to the US government and have a few papers I've written that I may post. My Grandfather was a Mason and there is some crazy stuff there, enough on that. I love debate. Devils advocate is always my favorite position, especially when dealing with closed mined people. Though I come off intense I believe everyone is entitled to ones own opinion. I never debate a subject I am clueless on and really let loose when people can't back up their opinions what-so-ever.

Ok I'm done. I don't get to be real much, so I can get carried away. I am so use to playing the young care free club kid and have very few friends to speak freely and intelligent with.

A lot of people believe we need conspiracy theories in society to keep people from basically getting board. Many view these theories as nonsense and the ones to believe them to be nutcases. This may be true but I rather have a conversation with someone who questions and seeks reason and answer no matter how crazy it may seem to me over someone who is content questions nothing and is unable to explain their beliefs or ideas with intelligence reason and conviction.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Glad you joined, welcome and enjoy your long stay here at the great ATS!

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Excelent intro manicpanic.
Welcome to ATS

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hi manic! Looks like you may be a good asset! Nice to have you on here - good luck!

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by manicpanic
...I rather have a conversation with someone who questions and seeks reason and answer no matter how crazy it may seem to me over someone who is content questions nothing and is unable to explain their beliefs or ideas with intelligence reason and conviction.

Well said, manicpanic...and welcome to the membership. I think you'll fit in just fine by what I see written in your introduction.

You'll find a lot of well-educated people who are regulars here, as well as a great number of sharp minds who may not have letters after their name, but have honed their skills extensively. What makes this place so wonderful, in my opinion, is the civility which has been slowly established over time. It makes this place special, imo.

See you on the boards...

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hi manicpanic or MP as many will prolly call you...welcome. I always read intros but I never welcome folk--don't know why.

Your intro was top notch, glad you found us. You are now caught in the web that is ATS-BTS-PTS! If one don't get ya time the other one will. You will soon be a pro at denying apathy, ignorance, and boredom.

ENJOY!

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hope I did not give the impression that I question the formal education of the majority of this group. I was really just getting at is the fact I see truly intelligent people to be so few numbers. Education aside the majority can't widen their vision or open their minds. They find it impossible to find valid points in opposing or strange views. I'm saying that true intelligence, education or not, is something I see here.

Thanks so much for the welcome

[edit on 22-2-2006 by manicpanic]

[edit on 22-2-2006 by manicpanic]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
No sweat man - now get posting!

top topics

join