It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New James Bond

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I liked Craig's movie Layer Cake but holy cow is he ugly! Isn't 007 suppossed to be kinda, maybe at least remotely handsome? Someone that the ladies want and the guys want to be? Any of you boys want to be shorter, with floppy ears and a flat gruff face? Ugh, no wonder it was hard to cast to new Bond girl, you'd need to be a truly great actress to appear taken by him....

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Nobody will ever touch the man!

Was Close! But still not good enough to top Connery.

Probably the worst Bond!

Not the best but not the worst.
for Moore

I retract. I would say he is probably the worst with Dalton and Craig fighting for their position.

I'll say he has potential, but could crash and burn.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by chissler]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Shame on you chiss, Roger Moore was the man!!

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yeah I wanted to edit what I said about him, but I couldn't be bothered to edit the second time.

I seemed alittle harsh on the guy.

Hes nowhere even close to Connery but hes far above some of them.

Would you put him above SC?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd put him above SC only because SC's NOT FREAKIN' BRITISH!!

I grew up on Roger Moore, so I'm a little biased I suppose.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lianna
I liked Craig's movie Layer Cake but holy cow is he ugly! Isn't 007 suppossed to be kinda, maybe at least remotely handsome?

I liked Layer Cake. I like Daniel Craig. I think his appearance is more of an opinion thing. I've never read any of the original material but I understand they are trying to make the new movie(s) closer to how the books were. The 007 franchise is in desperate need of a renewal.

Here is an old thread that gets into that a bit. Here he is... The new James Bond.

The new film will be more "dark."

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I take the old 007 movies over these new ones that are nothing more than special effects.

They have gone overboard with all of this and need to cut it back some I think.

Maybe this is what Umbrax is getting at. Hope so.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I just think the newer movies, as good a Brosnin was, are forgettable.
Golden Eye is a classic, but the others I forget about pretty much as soon as I finish watching the movie. How does a Bond movie stick out amongst the hundreds of other action flicks that are released every year?
I think the new direction they are taking the franchise in will freshen things up.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well said!

Goldeneye is probably one of the best 007's ever. But the other ones I think were probably some of the worst.

Strange I guess, I think Brosnan was one of the better 007's but yet he starred in probably some of the worst flicks.

I heard he was pissed when he found out he was being replaced.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I saw this in one of todays papers www.craignotbond.com...

After seeing him in Layer Cake and Munich (both brilliant films) I think Daniel Craig is going to be the best Bond since Connery. The last 6 or 7 Bond films have be utter tosh in my opinion, took much slick and silly gadgets.

Now, I'm all for gadgets, but it's nice to keep a *little* bit of realism here, so I can think, "wow, I wonder if British Intelligence are using cool toys like these!"

I reckon Craig will also add that gritty, more realistic feel to the Bond movie...I can't wait!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I have not always been a fan of James Bond, However, I think the new James Bond Should be good, he is gorgeous for a start.

SC will never be beat though he is still gorgeous at his age, and will go down in history as the Best James Bond that ever lived.

In regards to the new one being darker, I am not keen, the whole point of Bond throughout the years is to be fun and light hearted, the relationship between bond and Q for example.

John Cleese is a classic, but the original Q will never be beat.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninkynoo
John Cleese is a classic, but the original Q will never be beat.

You know, I wonder if there is even a Q in this movie.
There is no casting for Q on imdb.com.

top topics

join