It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what does bush mean here, speach on energy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

"Our nation is on the threshold of new energy technology that I think will startle the American people," Bush said.

edition.cnn.com...

"We're on the edge of some amazing breakthroughs -- breakthroughs all aimed at enhancing our national security and our economic security and the quality of life of the folks who live here in the United States."

what does bush mean here is it something they are going to disclose soon or is it just someting else who knows but I was thinking they are going to bring something out of the black world for the USA for it is for the national security as bush said.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I thought this was funny,

On Tuesday, Bush plans to visit the Energy Department's National Renewable Energy Laboratory in Golden, Colorado, to talk about speeding the development of biofuels.

The lab, with a looming $28 million budget shortfall, had announced it was cutting its staff by 32 people, including eight researchers. But in advance of Bush's visit, Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman over the weekend directed the transfer of $5 million to the private contractor that runs the lab, so the jobs can be saved.

From another source, it states:

Renee Azerbegi, the past president and a current board member of the Colorado Renewable Energy Society, questioned the timing of of the announcement that jobs had been restored just before the president's visit.

"I think it has a lot to do with Bush's image," she told the Rocky Mountain News. "I don't think they want Bush to visit NREL knowing a lot of people there are unhappy with him."

Matt Baker, executive director of the group Environment Colorado, said he believes reinstating the jobs "has a lot to do with the president coming to town."

www.thedenverchannel.com...

You know what's coming? Nothing. Bush just wants to look pretty for the papers.

[edit on 20-2-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
For the FY 2007:

DOE:

www.whitehouse.gov...

LOL! The US is fed is going to pay Russia $200 million to shut down three nuclear facilities and replace them with fossil burning plants. That is what Bush means. THis is proposed.

A total of $4.1 billion is proposed for the DOE office of science. Less than 1/10 that of the defense budget. And I imagine much of the money will go towards weapons development. In fact the US will spend a proposed $.4 billion on weapons activities.

The administrations big surprise for fusion research is funding of the ITER in France.

Apparently the DOE is also in the counterterrorism department???puz:

NOt even a mention of what will be spent on the most practical of nonfossil fuels: solar.

NSF: www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Phaw. Complete unadulterated BS.

Bush "orating" speech: We are gunna invest in..[long pause] alternative energy.

Bush thinking during the long pause: We are going to invest in some nice porky Nucular Plants which won't even get built until 2025 while we rake in the money skimmed off the top by giving all the contracts to mah drinkin' buddies from Yale.

Note: Italics are phonetic.

[edit on 20-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Actually with all the money put into solar cells by industry and government, we are always just a hair's breadth away from a high speed manufactured 25% efficient solar cell and that would spark a revolution in home energy production.

Maybe that's it.

[edit on 2/26/2006 by bodebliss]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Jamhun, we need to send Bush to the Ford plants, and Chrysler, and to Wal Marts, it seems companies are willing to spend money on employees when Bush comes, so send him to other companines! A great way to save the economy.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Actually, they've got hydrogen cells pretty much ready to go. And they're doing a lot of good in the bio-fuels area, hardly anyone was mentioning bio-ethanol at all in the alt- fuels. I know this because I have kept an eye on that for many years and only bio-diesel was mentioned (there's cars for example that can run on used cooking oil). That still has carbon emissions, bio-ethanol does not, and it runs that bit better than petrol. You either need a slight engine mod. on a petrol engine to use it, or none at all, depends on what vehicle you buy. On Top Gear they showed a Scandanavian hydrogen-cell Mercedes ages ago, and more recently when the new Koenessig was first reviewed twas said that a slight mod. to run it on bio-ethanol gives 50bph more output than the petrol version.

Then there's the solar (photovoltaics) and wind turbines (remember windmills?) and water turbines (remember watermills?), and hybrid cars that use batteries for short distance - mostly a carbon (pollution in the air) reduction thing.

No idea if there's plans to release publicly anything such as CSETI refers to, it's possible there's some links there to the hydrogen tech.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What that littler speech means was . . . that bush was trying to make the pro environmentalist happy so they stop the fuss.

As you have seen he means nothing and is actually doing less.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
They did an estimate of what it would take to replace our energy needs with bio and they said they would have to plant every open space in america with corn to produce enough ethanol to fuel our cars.

You know we have deposits of coal and 1.0-1.2 trillion barrels of which are in the United States . World supply of oil shale at 2.6 trillion barrels of recoverable oil.

en.wikipedia.org...

Slightly over a trillion barrels of crude in known reserves

www.opec.org...

At current usage we have a 136 year supply. The US can convert it's 250 yr supply of coal into fuel for cars, also.Which would give us posibly 200-250 years of fuel at current usage(that's world figures).

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Well!

Where are the "BIG" Bush moves on the energy front?

Where are the republicans slapping each other on the back now that they have cemented in our energy independent future?

I'll tell you where the hooligans are . They're getting in line to fleece the public like they always have.

top topics

join