It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would it be possible in near future to have worm hole shields?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Would it be possible to open up worm holes as Shields against missiles, lasers, anything really, they could be any size i suppose yes? might be able to have them big enough to cover entire country's, tanks, anything that not moving very fast or stationary, maybe far in future a planet shield.

wouldn't wormholes suck the missiles, asteroids out of existence? have to make sure they 1 way and open up incorrect direction.

I'm not very scientific but like to think up new ideas.

Maybe in far future we could have space ships surrounded by a wormhole shiled and any enemy that shoot at it would have their own weapons turned against them as the worm hole would take it in and send it back out again at them lol.

if not wormholes im sure theres something that could be used todo this dimensional shielding?

[edit on 18-2-2006 by blobby]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yes it might be fairly useful, however there is NO way to produce one unless you are able to manipulate a solar mass with a good degree of skill. Thus, its only about 1000 years off.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
your talkign some heavy math there but in theroy it might work though who knows what massive energy might do to distabalise a wormhole....witch could well making things very very bad for the defending spaceship. in theroy if one could master space time warping you could efectivavly send the missle heading straight back at the atacking ship making it a ofencive weapon verry interesting idea !

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Opening up a worm hole and sustaining the portal is possibly the most difficult thing in the universe to do, sad to say, with our current technology, that's an impossibility, even if we knew how, we wouldn't know how to power it, or how to control it.

That's still quite a few centuries off. And by the time we get Wormholes, we'll probably have a much better defense against missiles.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
very unlikely.
since its not in our time period (maybe a few decades or more)
when we have a better understanding of how it is created and how to sustain such thing and keep it stable.

good read

or we could try a far scape style one bounce something off the earths
atmosphere making it go so fast that it bends space around it creating a worm hole (this part is just a joke if no one gets it )

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Does a wormhole suck everthing in it with in a certain amount of space, like a mini black hole? Or does it just “teleport” what goes in it?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I can see where it might be possible.............someday....

The first problem I see (past the obvious technological difficulties) is that, I can see a situation where opening up a wormhole here on Earth within the Sun's gravitational well will open up within the sun's core....(*shrug*...just an idea thrown out there....please no ridicule
)
So, along this line of thought, if we could develop such technology, we'd probably fry ourselves before we learned how to use it. It'd kinda be like giving an atomic bomb to a five-year-old and telling them to NOT push the big red button

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

would it be possible in near future to have worm hole shields?

I don’t understand why that would be desirable. I mean imagine: A shield filled with worm holes. That for ventilation? Or to reduce weight? And why worms and not woodpeckers or a plain old drill or auger? Some worm farmer Dick Cheney’s cousin and is bidding on a contract?

I’m confused

[edit on 20-2-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I don’t understand why that would be desirable. I mean imagine: A shield filled with worm holes. That for ventilation? Or to reduce weight? And why worms and not woodpeckers or a plain old drill or auger? Some worm farmer Dick Cheney’s cousin and is bidding on a contract?

I'm confused...

Wow....you sure are..

www.vanderbilt.edu...

and other good sites if I can find them.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
this technology is nt a bad idea, but is a long way off. a more plausible new defensive technology, which is currently being developed, is "force fields" made from cold plasma. these shields would be able to not only stop any laser or particle-beam type weapons, but would also cause any craft surrounded by them to be complaetely invisible to radar.

here is a link to a site with some info about it:

www.space.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
Wow....you sure are..

www.vanderbilt.edu...

and other good sites if I can find them.

Sarcasm: Learn it. Understand it. You will find yourself less likely to be embarrassed.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This is a totally new idea (>...>

But, by the time we are tecnologically able to produce a wormhole, we probably have used it in other places like Travel and sucking up space garage

Missiles probably also have been replaced by Homing Target Reconition Lasers

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I think I would want to come up with some sort of electromagnetic force field instead of one that might... let's say........ suck you out of the space-time continuum.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It would be far easier and more practical to use planets as shields rather than wormholes. You could probably get quite good all-round protection with six or so.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
IF we can create a wormhole shield, there will not be any missiles or other stuffs. CAUSE, a wormhole shield use up ALL THE RESOURCES IN THE ENTIRE SOLAR SYSTEM (I don't think it is enough to create a wormhole)

new topics

top topics

join