It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Cup 2006: who will be the Champion?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I remember the shirt-swapping at the end. Brazil Vs England?! NO THANKS!
I wouldn't want to see a repeat of the 2002 world cup.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
hehe.. but for the fans out here it was sure it would be either of them winning or going into the final !
Hmm.. i had lots of challenges and bets running on it.. ALL DOOMED :shk: !

An hour and half to go.. for the 3rd place round! Ger Vs Por. ..will we see a strong match.. just as much effort they would put in if they were in finals or will the teams not take it seriously because its not for any cup? will there be more divings? will there be fights?.. are the refs going to be still easy on playerz ?..mm lets see what happens..
i think the germans will want this really badly and they going to be strong.

Oh yeah.. most importantly .. i want to see how this times crowd reacts to C.ROn.. ! That reason is intresting enough to go see the match!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well guys the Final are tommow here the date 7/9/06 that on sunday. France vs. Italia for the world cup I think France in going to win but it will be very close.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
damn those germans !! :bnghd:

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by El Che
Well guys the Final are tommow here the date 7/9/06 that on sunday. France vs. Italia for the world cup I think France in going to win but it will be very close.

I agree with you El Che ...except for the France winning part lol.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I think they have an equal chance in this! The teams have similar strategy and means of playing. What i noticed in the last match was that Gk Barthez was a little clumsy. Wonder will that result in the downfall of the french. According to me the obstacle for the Italians is Zidane...'ZizOu'! The way i see it its Italy Vs. Zidane.
Italy may seek for revenge for the heart-breaking defeat to France in the final of Euro 2000. But then again Italy has not beaten France since 1978!!
Italy has Buffon. Meanwhile since its the last WC for Zidane,Thuram, Makellele, Barthez and perhaps Vieira they all are going to play solid i suppose.
I was not at all an Italian fan as i really did not like their opening games. And i still think Australia did really amazing and should have won against them. But after that i started paying attention to them as they fought well and did good against Germany and Ukraine. Same with France. They had a real poor opening but then came up and what a way! They defeated Brazil.
So... Forza Azzurri or the Frenchies?
Will France make Pizza Italia out of them or Italy make a French Toast of them ?

Since my favourites are out. I dont really care for who wins. But im thinking as a revenge for France taking out Brazil.. i should want them out. Then again i like both teams equally. So cant really decide! I know this much.
I'M GOING TO ENJOY IT ..ALLRITE!

[edit on 9/7/06 by Grey_Mysterio]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Now that the Germans are out id like to see the French win, they almost didnt make it to the knockout stage. Besides its been reported here in the UK, i forget what paper it was in, that the Italian Premier has told the team that all the match fixing charges will be dropped against them ( for those that dont know the Italian domestic league has been rocked by a huge match fixing scandel involving the top 4 clubs in the league ) and to be honest that sends out the wrong kind of message to the rest of the footballing world IMO.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Go Italia!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Italia wins today. I was rooting for the Germans for a while even though I'm hispanic.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
OOOOH! Its gonna start very soon! How kewl is that!
I hear shakira n wyclef is performing today at the final game?

'Janus' ..yes ur right about the scandal. Therefor italy will want to prove something by winning today!
Its been exciting everyone. But this is tha big one. Its sad its gettin over today..!
But im guessing it will end with a BLAST!

Anyway im off to get my favourite seat.
HAVE FUN.. ALL U FOOTBALL LOVERS

CX

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Did you see that? Zidane just nutted one of the Italian players! Red card in extra time of the world cup final, what an exit to his footie career.

Have to wonder what must have been said to make him react like that?

CX.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I can't believe he did that. Lost a lot of resepect for him. Doesn't matter what was said to him to make him react like that...you don't do that in extra time in the final!!!! Dumb dumb dumb. I hope they lose because of that!

GO ITALIA!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
ITALY WINS!!!!

I WANTED FRANCE TO WIN!!!

DAMN!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
ITALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Congratulations to Italy, fell sorry for the French. What the hell was Zidane thinking??

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Zidane making such thing in the final game of his career....hmmmm....the reptillian agenda must be related... lol

on a serious note, i think that in overall this was a good World Cup. Portugal made the top 4; not bad at all.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Itaitla won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm very happy for them what a game what a game!!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Did you see that? Zidane just nutted one of the Italian players!

If anyone missed it, here it is:

BOOM HEAD SHOT!!11

I laugh no matter how many times I see it.

[edit on 9-7-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think he used his fists too. What ever was said, it must have been really harsh for such a legend to react like that.

Congratulations to Italy anyway! Fantastic penalties. Buffon is an amazing goalkeeper; only 2 goals conceeded throughout the tournament!

Materazzi: HAHA! You missed a header!
Zidane: I won't miss this one...

BOOM!

Edit: It's like a goat ramming a giraffe.

[edit on 9-7-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Somebody just told me that Matrix asked Zidane what nationality his kids are. If that's true, I'm 100% behind Zizou. Materazzi is a dirty bugger anyway, I just watched a video of him playing for Inter Milan, man, some of those tackles are as dirty as Satan! He walked on somebody's back too, after he "tackled" him.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
FORZA AZZURRI!! A well deserved win that too! During the match it looked like they played with more desire and passion .. so they had to win. Great great playing!!!
Wuw.. i thought they were a gonerz when france got the first goal. That too a penalty.. i was like how come again they are blessed with a penalty! That wasnt a real foul too.. the second time it was but that time the ref didnt give a penalty.
Oh yeah.. Italy may have won but all the talk is about Zizou's Super Head Butt! Why.. Why..Why? Everybody wants to know! He is always a 'distinguished gentleman' on the field and plus his last game.
Everybody is giving him a little benefit of the doubt because of his reputation. Thus they say that if he had to do something like that something really really nasty must have been said to him. Still everyone agrees thats not the action he should have taken. And he almost got away with it! I'm dying to know the reason and plus why materazzi was holding him like that.

Maybe he wanted an explosive exit.. What a butt.. :bnghd: Maybe he's been practicing it. But sorry MR. Zizou ..you are
!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join