It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great US govt search tool.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hey all,

Just thought I'd mention this here, as it could be very useful. The new version of the google toolbar has the option to do a search on US government websites. This could be a great aid for some research here, I think.

If you type UFO, you get 1,780 results on government websites alone. I just found this tool, I think it coulds be fun

I hope this helps somebody.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   
wheres this on??

www.google.com???

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Sorry, yes, here's the link.

toolbar.google.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
its probably spying on us!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Ok then, I guess it's not helpful.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   
no it is... probably just a catch 22 thing...

id think it would be wise to be carefull what you look for ...

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
No matter what you type into Google, it tracks everything that everybody searches for along with the IP. This concievably can be used to track individuals. Nobody knows exactly why Google does this, but this is true. It doesn't matter if you use the Google toolbar, they keep track of your searches on their servers.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It's for the page rank feature. I really don't care if I'm spied on. I think you are all a bit paranoid and would be missing the use of a great tool.

Have you done something to be worried about? I'm sure %99 of you are regular joes with nothing to worry about other than an overactive imagination and a curious nature.

Oh well. The features of the google toolbar have been researched and found to be safe.

BTW, you obviously know that this forum tracks every click you make? I bet you didn't know this site is actually run by the US government?

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
it probably is...

what i am trying to say is certain woods typed in the search will have the mibs knocking.. so be carefull what you type even if it is an accident...

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yeah, but I think that's more at an echelon level than using google as a tool for spying on us.

btw, your sig is way nicer these days, the blue is v pleasing.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
ive just had an idea... im not going to spill it on the board but it contains entrapment....

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub

btw, your sig is way nicer these days, the blue is v pleasing.

the avatar you mean? yours is pretty funky too that guy with the choper hat makes me think its you for some reason..

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
probably reminds me because its like a mugshot...

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
ive just had an idea... im not going to spill it on the board but it contains entrapment....

Hmmm, interesting. You could always u2u me it?

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Who IS that guy in your Avatar? It CRACKS me up everytime I see it...

P...
m...

new topics

top topics

join