It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backdoor to NORAD / Cheyenne Mountain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
In Google Earth I found a placemark for an apparent back door to the Cheyenne Mountain / NATO complex.

38 degrees 43'58.72N
104 degrees 50'51.25W
Elevation is 7155 feet.

It uses the same access road as the main entrance to the complex but diverts off to the south. There is also what appears to be a car halfway between the main road and this back door that looks like it was blown in half. Perhaps a curious civillian got in the way of some MPs?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There also appears to be a more prominent tunnel south of the entire complex into the same mountin system at
38 degrees 42'36.47"N and
104 degrees 51'06.74"W

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
im just curious , why does this matter ?.

is there anything there thats worth looking at ?.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What I find impressive is that in a straight line from the southern most door to the Northern (most commonly known) it is 2.4 miles.
Not Knowing How far the complex actually extends within the mountain itself, this is massive! Even much more so than what is known to the public on the tours that they used to openly give during the early 1990s..

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Also, the location in the first post seems more significant, especially with the car that seems to have been hit by something.
I think more installments like this might be popular with the military in the future again after programs like Google Earth have made it so easy for people to get a look at things like this. I'm sure that military brass can't be happy with access to images of places like Area 51 being so easy to get for everyone, friend and foe alike. Until civillian sattelites start getting details from other spectrums of light at a better resolution than what we have today, construction of bases like Cheyenne Mountain are a way to keep prying eyes out of their business for a little longer.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Could you provide a link I'm too lazy to search myself .

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I just looked up those locations on google. The first location is a service tunnel to the complex inside the mountain, providing ventilation and other utilities. No secret that it's there, the National Geographic Channel did a documentery on the building of the complex in their show "Megastructures". Two tunnels were built (as far as the public knows). One as the main entrence, the other as a "back door" and service tunnel. The second location further south appears to be a mine, but it doesn't come up clear enough to be sure. I also looked at the truck/car on the road leading to the second tunnel, i have no idea what to make of that, play of light, google error, dunno.
Also notice, that infront of the car towards the tunnel, there is a wide open area forming a U shape down the mountain, my only guess is that is from a landslide, so maybe the car was hit by a large boulder rolling down the mountain.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
IM still not sure what the big deal is , Its not like its a secret base or something.

Ok so they dont show you every Nook and cranny , so what ?.

Alot of public places , tourist Attractions do the same thing .

Wouldnt it be more interesting looking for secret bases / places that we dont know about alrdy ?... it can be time consuming but interesting also .

Also - for people who think underground bases connect in some way .
try to look for tell tell sighns around the area .see what happens when you try to connect the dots , so to speak . when you see it , you will know what im talking about .

[edit on 16-2-2006 by Briggs]

[edit on 16-2-2006 by Briggs]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Its not as if they connect underground, If you have to "fly" to place to place it wounldnt take that long to go from...say 51 to the mountain. What 5 mins or so. There is no need for tunnels. ( stay with in the lining of the mountains around) Look with in the connecting towns that are near the "bases". If you see it and you know its there... (have you been in the service or have a family that was in the service to help with the unknown?) Where are you/we getting the information? Some of the things that is made up helps us with keeping the information to a need to know standings. Were not going to see it unless we are shown it. Its as simple as that. We know what we are told! Have you ever seen more then one person in there BDU's In the middle of a town with no base around? Not talking as if the base was 20 miles away, Thats only a drive away. Small towns is were you see it the most. Big towns poeple dont pay attention to that kind of thing. And that is were we need to start! There is a state( in the U.S.)where that the whole upper part of the state is nothing but a training base plus. Do you hear about it no, why...Oh its from the **** *** , ......look around is all i have to tell you. To simple to understand is the human way. make a mountain out of a mule hill.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
i read your post but im not sure what your talking about ?.

you saying there is no need for Underground bases or tunnels ?.
because you can just fly there ?.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
No need for tunnels? why?
and flying from area 51 to the mountain (assuming you mean Norad) in 5 mins is quite fast.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
his post is totally illogical .
and its apparent he doesnt know what he is talking about .

so to sum it up in a short way - underground base = Secret .

to fly from there to the other Underground base = Oxymoronic .

Underground = secret . to move from 1 secret place to the next secret place in secret = under ground tunnels .

Not to mention all of the resources you may have to move in Secret from 1 base to the next == Tunnels

Underground base = Lots of people , More than 1 underground Base =
Lots and Lots of people =Thousands and Thousands = how do you move them from 1 base to the next ??.... Surely not by airplane .
So i would think = Tunnels.

I dont know for a fact there are tunnels .

but from everything ive read and heard over the yrs , I tend to beleive there are .

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It highly doubtful there is a tunnel that long anywhere without public knowledge. The amount of equipment, manpower, and moved earth is just to great.

You cannot do a project like that without some knowledge outside of it.

NORAD nor AREA-51 was ever really secret in exitstence. Both have been known since they were built.

NORAD's construction is pretty much completly public knowledge.

AREA-51 is still quite secretive, but we have still known it was built and was being built.

Look at Boston's big dig, New york's Aqueducts. The tunnel crossing the British Channel. All of these took many years hundreds of thousands even millions of man hours. The dirt/rock removed was enoromous. But yet we have created a Tunnel many many time's longer in a shorter duration with less technology, without anyone publicly knowing about it. I highly doubt it.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
One big base underground? Lots of poeple? does 51 have people living there? do you see them driving home? or do they fly? If there is alot of poeple there then why do we know little about this place? Most of the information is old and there hasnt been any new news about that place. If they fly them in then were form, L.V.? why does no see this fight leave? Or even ask anyone that goes on or off the plane....because there coming from somewere else. Yea they fly out of a diffrent place . keep the old news the news is what you seem to think. were not ants and yea tunnels are for hallways with in the base, its not from city to city.(base to base)

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
First of all , i never said there was a tunnel from Norad to area 51 , i dont know where that came from.

I never said Norad was a secret base - that was my point in a previous post.

Area 51 was Top secret at one time .

This statement is way off --------------------------
Look at Boston's big dig, New york's Aqueducts. The tunnel crossing the British Channel. All of these took many years hundreds of thousands even millions of man hours. The dirt/rock removed was enoromous. But yet we have created a Tunnel many many time's longer in a shorter duration with less technology, without anyone publicly knowing about it. I highly doubt it.
------------------

considering the Military and the Goverment has access to Technology that the average Civilian Company doesnt ... Its easy to imagine the Goverment could build underground bases and tunnels.

I think its Ironic that you compare the military tech to Civi tech .
Considering the Secret projects the military has had over the yrs that only recently we are learning about .

Easy simple example is the F117 - first shown in the in late 80's early 90's . But was being built in the 70's .
- Sr71 Blackbird - 60's
- X-15 - 50's
And many many other projects , that anyone can look up on the net or watch on the military channel .

The first A-bomb experiments wer being done underground in the middle of Ny City - - under central park .. look it up ... the lab is still there .

Someone had posted on this web site Pics and info on - Nuclear tunnel boring machines . -- made back in the early 60's .

if you do a Google search on Tunnel Boring machines --
you'll see for yourself that even Countries Like China - have Robotic
Tunnel Boring machines .

As Do alot of Countries .

So its not hard to Imagine that the US or any other country may have underground tunnels .

And as i said in my other Post -- I dont know if there are tunnels ?. who knows .

But i do believe there may be .... From where to where ? i dont know .

[edit on 17-2-2006 by Briggs]

[edit on 17-2-2006 by Briggs]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Since so many have commented on the concept of tunnels which were not part of the original post, I might as well follow the rest of the band wagon.

Tunnels connecting distances between 'secret' or semi secret bases would indeed be interesting. Discovery ran a show within the last month about a trans-Atlantic tunnel. Using the same sort of tech as a drive up bank vaccuum tube, these tunnels married with Mag-Lev tech could connect places like NORAD and 51 would be even shorter than the flying method discussed.

This however is a huge undertaking.
I wouldn't be surprised at all though if there were more tunnels connecting Cheyenne Mountain to Ft Peterson AFB 10 miles NE across town. (After all NORAD and the Mountain are considered to be under Peterson's control anyway - but there's a whole city between them.

Other possibilities are connections to the Air Force Academy 16 Miles N from Norad. Finally Ft. Carson Army base has it's main entrance right across the street from Norad. There really wouldn't need to be that much of a connection to them due to the close proximity, but since Co. Springs has tripled in size over the last decade, Ft. Carson has an annex in the Southern East part of Colorado Near Pueblo (this isn't on Google Earth, but is found in my 2001 Rand McNally Travel atlas) Since this is roughly 100 miles between the two halves of the same base, tapping into a theoretic local tunnel system could be helpful. Also since all entrances / exits to such theoretic tunnels would be on military property and not under the scrutany of the public eye, this makes the possibility for such a network to be constructed without raising questions. What do you guys think?

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Sorry for helping pull it off topic.

But..

I never said the goverment didnt have better tech then civilians, I never said they couldnt make a tunnel that long.

What I said was. There is no way they have made THAT tunnel. It would be known. That is around a thousand miles (guessing). Through or near many highly populated areas. Thats a lot of freaking dirt to move. A LOT of people to be employed. (Many times over digging a multiple story building underground). I'm sorry but you cant and never could have hid that.

Back to the original topic.

With Norad there are two main entrances (well really one) one on each side of the mountain. It was created this way so that any nuclear blast would mainly blow right through the tunnel.

There is also a service/rescue tunnel designed much the same way, but also designed so that if a nuke hit near norad it would not take much of the blast force. That allowed it to be built smaller and with less fortification. Only if the main tunnel collapsed would it need to be used for anything more then dusting it off.

There are several other mountain entrances near Cheyenne. Some are storage depots, some havent been said but guessing along the same.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CORF
...If you have to "fly" to place to place it wounldnt
take that long to go from...say 51 to the mountain.
What 5 mins or so...

At about 7300 mph.

As to the rest of your post, I have no idea what
you're trying to say.

Sarge

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by carlwfbird
... There is also what appears to be a car halfway
between the main road and this back door that
looks like it was blown in half. Perhaps a curious
civillian got in the way of some MPs?

That makes perfect sense. Motorist ends up on
a closed road in the mtns in Colorado, imagine that.
So the US Military blows his truck in half with a
missle, about 6/10 mile away from a residential
subdivision. Then leaves it there, out in the open for
several years for all to see.

Yeah, that's probably what happened.

Sarge

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
How far can you get up that twisty road towards NORAD before being stopped? Are there any sites that show pics taken by nearby houses and what not? Seems like its not much of a "secret" area.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join