It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking new photo’s from Abu Ghraib!! No, not those ones...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Apparently, there are some other photo’s making the rounds of Abu Ghraib, these ones even more shocking than ever: They depict compassion and progress!!! OMG!!!

Courtesy of Blackfive and Michelle Malken

So, what purpose of “new” pictures of an old event serve? Nothing but to stir unrest and fuel the flames (ratings). Nothing productive can result from those new pictures. The pictures I posted above are new and show a different story, why weren’t these released yesterday instead? They are newer news than the others. It just shows news agencies have agenda’s and don’t represent anything but their desire to increase ratings…Even at the cost of unrest and suffering

[edit on 16-2-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Oh, yay! Abu Ghraib has new medical facilities, a baby and bottled water in addition to all the torture!

There's good reason for the pictures of the torture and murder to come out. Because it's evil and sickening and everyone responsible needs to be held accountable for it. The people currently in jail for involvement were just the low level people and took all the blame for their superiors.

The horror of the images also serves to remind people that such acts are despicable and should never be allowed to happen.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Oh how sweet. I'm all choked up!

To be honest I never really thought our soldiers were capable of torturing infants.

Skip, how do I know those pictures are from Abu Ghraib?

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Bottled water? That’s a respirator, you guys need glasses.

The source is Blackfive, a famous war blog with close ties to the military. Most of the stuff that’s posted there comes directly from US troops. That’s as much verification as I need, and at least as much as most "news" agencies need to post stuff themselves.

Those are the real things guys, hey, prove to me any of the other photo's are from Abu Ghraib? I’m not saying they aren’t, but you cant prove to me that they are, we just accept that they are.

People are predisposed to believe things that mesh with their opinions, so everybody accepts the torture ones as truth. So I suspect anybody who feels the USA is not capable of good would automatically assume these are either fake or from someplace else. Even though they are as legitimate as the negative pics.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
People are predisposed to believe things that mesh with their opinions[...]

That's a natural human reaction. I admit I'm sometimes guilty of this, too. Can you say the same for yourself?

Note that this isn't an attack on your character, more like a 'lil constructive criticism.

As for the pictures, I've no reason to doubt it's validity, but I also have no reason to doubt the other photo's validity. And being human the other photo in it's negativity would probably be etched in my memory for a longer period.

I'm pretty certain not all your soldiers are bad. I'm pretty certain that there are many good people among them, many who have done good things. The reason people don't really hear about them is most probably the same reason people don't hear about good muslims and those that protest violence and terror.

Like you said: It just shows news agencies have agenda’s and don’t represent anything but their desire to increase ratings…Even at the cost of unrest and suffering

I'm glad you're noticing the media's spin

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Okay, I stand corrected. They're respirators. My point still stands. Yes, the U.S. is doing many good things. That doesn't make the bad things people are doing any less of a problem. Unfortunately, that's kind of the way the world works. The good things people do usually go unnoticed and the bad things are called to public attention. And there's good reason for that. Because when good things are happening, there's no problem. When bad things are happening it's a problem and the bad things need to stop.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
The good things people do usually go unnoticed and the bad things are called to public attention. And there's good reason for that. Because when good things are happening, there's no problem. When bad things are happening it's a problem and the bad things need to stop.

Hmmm, I never saw it from that angle. Can I quote you (elsewhere) on that one?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
No problem, go ahead.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think the new photos came out to take attention away from the beating video. Though I must add that I don't think they were unjustified in their response considering the people were attacking, the 'beatings' were not actually that severe, if some people don't think so then I'm glad they have never witnessed what I would class as a savage beating. For instance when you've seen someone laying into someone with a pickaxe handle and there is blood splashed on the walls before they get the chance to run away screaming (while on crack I might add) then you start to see things like that video in a different perspective.

But I digress, I'm sure we only get to see the photo's of the trailer trash and weekend soldiers torturing prisoners (to compensate for their tiny penises - or in Lyddies case her want for one) because it portrays the negative image the press want to, and take attention away from other subjects. I'm sure there is a lot of 'good' as well, I speak to various military personnel frequently and the stories are varied, though they all do say a lot of people welcome us and enjoy being around the troops.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
...if some people don't think so then I'm glad they have never witnessed what I would class as a savage beating. For instance when you've seen someone laying into someone with a pickaxe handle and there is blood splashed on the walls before they get the chance to run away screaming (while on crack I might add) then you start to see things like that video in a different perspective.

I don't want to get too in depth with my response to that as this is not the thread on that, but: While it was definitely not as severe as that, I still thing it was wrong for them to do.

But I digress, I'm sure we only get to see the photo's of the trailer trash and weekend soldiers torturing prisoners (to compensate for their tiny penises - or in Lyddies case her want for one) because it portrays the negative image the press want to, and take attention away from other subjects. I'm sure there is a lot of 'good' as well, I speak to various military personnel frequently and the stories are varied, though they all do say a lot of people welcome us and enjoy being around the troops.

Yes, it is just one bad side of the event while there are good things happening as well. But don't you think the bad should be reported as well? If such things go unreported, they will continue. Now, I realize this is a release of new photos from the past event, but I think all the information should be made public as it becomes available. Just because it was a past event, these images show that to be worse than it was previously thought. And such things appear to be going on in other places as well. When people argue it was like frat hazing, then you see pictures of someone's head blown apart on the floor, it makes me question the official government line regarding prisoner treatment in other facilities even more.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I do think it's good that these things are publicised, I just think it's a crying shame that it's not fairly balanced out with pictures of the good stuff too.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
I do think it's good that these things are publicised, I just think it's a crying shame that it's not fairly balanced out with pictures of the good stuff too.

Fair enough.

Don't really have anything else to say, just wanted to agree with you but I don't want this to be construed as a useless post either.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by LoganCale]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
lmao bottled water that is funny, weather you stand corrected or not i still thnk thats hilarious

did anyone notice anything odd about the pics CNN reported on...like maybe the "really bad ones" were not even new, they were already released, and the new ones were like not good, but not awful in comparison to the others...CNN cracks me up b/c while everyone, including myself, rants on FOX news, CNN is just as bad, but alot more sly about it...

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
The good things people do usually go unnoticed and the bad things are called to public attention. And there's good reason for that. Because when good things are happening, there's no problem. When bad things are happening it's a problem and the bad things need to stop.

well theres a problem when good things are not reconized, yet that hasent been brought to public attention via a news stream...and i would advise you not to be so fast to say bad things of this nature do get brought to the public attention b/c i still have not seen and major news outlet report on the "invisible children" as they have been come to be known...which in my mind is alot worse then then abu gharib or how about how corporations are beginging to run the country...i still have not seen any major news outlet report on that and not to mention all of the indirect problems it creates...lets be honest the media picks and chooses and they deff choose to put this on there and make a bigger deal about it then it is, when its already a dead issue...im sorry but thats what it is, what more do they want?

[edit on 2/16/2006 by Zach]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Awww, an ickle baby, all memories of the abuse of prisoners, sub human conditions and vacant grinning psychos have now all left my body. Uncle Sam is my friend, Uncle Sam is my friend, Uncle Sam is my friend...

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Ok, before I post here I need to know, what is the purpose of Abu Ghraib?

Bear with me here.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So I see a pic of a baby being treated while it's parents are being totured somewhere, and I'm supposed to suddenly forgive the torture?

If I showed you a pic of a nazi in WWII doing the same would you then forgive the holocaust?

You are obviously in denial of the bad things your military does, let's cover it up by showing the 'good' things they do, when in fact the 'good' things are what they should be calling the 'normal' things they do.

Why do ppl always want to paint everything in black and white.
If they weren't doing bad things, you wouldn't have to balance it with good things.

But I won't call what they are doing good until they are out of Iraq for 'good'.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Apparently, there are some other photo’s making the rounds of Abu Ghraib, these ones even more shocking than ever: They depict compassion and progress!!! OMG!!!

True US compassion there forcing babies to be bought up in concentration camps... Its even more worrying that you Skippy think this is a sign the USA are not as evil as the world thinks... Maybe you cannot find any logical way to defend your "heros" so you try some posting some bull# unrelated photos to take the heat of your criminal leaders a little.

Either way try harder, ive seen you churn out so much BS over the last few months you think you would of improved in art of propaganda.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by HiddenReality]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

People are predisposed to believe things that mesh with their opinions, so everybody accepts the torture ones as truth. So I suspect anybody who feels the USA is not capable of good would automatically assume these are either fake or from someplace else. Even though they are as legitimate as the negative pics.

Who cares where the pictures of from, you think you bringing one respirator which probably has been used on countless dead tortured iraqis will make up for all the evil crimes your forces have/are comitting? You think forcing a baby to grow up there is humane? WTF is your point here...

new topics

top topics

join