It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims protest Valentines's Day

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Your condescention is amusing.

Glad to make your day a bit lighter and entertaining.
(that wasn't my intent ... really ... the internet
is a hard thing sometimes to get intent across
on. Please don't take my post as that. It
wasn't ment that way)

it shows the world what we are capable of.

Well .. not really. It failed to show the reason behind
the action and that the action was necessary and
that it saved lives.

Sorry if pointing that out is a thorn in your side.

It's not. I was saying that you were mixing apples and oranges.

So keep dancing in the dark.

I have never heard this term before. I have no idea
what it means. Probably doesn't matter anyways.

Where are these millions?

Slept through last week? Millions of them in the
streets, in the Mosques, all over the stinking place
rioting, destroying property, calling for genocide ...

I fully support the right of Americans to keep
and bear arms - legally.

WOW! We agree on something. It's a constitutional
right. If that ever disapears we are all in trouble.

what of Rumsfeld who is all for and empowering
our military to kill thousands of innocent Arabs?
Collateral damage, they call it.

Last I saw the 'thousands' of INNOCENT Iraqis were being killed
by fellow muslims - the insurgents - whom the Iraqis hate as
much as we do.

Let's quit with the generalising and the we're better than them BS.

Many other faiths are better BEHAVED then that one. It's just a fact.
As you said, every faith and group has it's nutz. They all have
their fanatics and whacko and cultist extremists. However,
you don't see the 1 billion plus Catholics going nutz and rioting,
looting, murdering, and calling for genocide because that piece
of 'art' of the Virgin Mary with poop all over it was on display
a year or two ago, did you? You don't see Episcopalians going
into card shops, stealing all the Kwanza cards and burning them
in the street with threats of doing violence to anyone who
celebrates Kwanza. etc. etc. etc. No. Their are mass numbers
of Muslims out of control, intolerant of other faiths, and threatening
mass murder.

In the presence of GOD, we are equal and we will
all be judged according to our sins. And none are without sin.

Absolutely. I agree with ya' totally on that.

However, we are completely in our rights, and in obligation, to
point out when our faiths, and others, are WRONG .... wrong
when they threaten murder, wrong when they destroy property,
wrong when they cover up pedophilia (catholic bishops and rome),
wrong .... etc. etc.

Just because we are all with sin doesn't mean that we have
to ignore when sin happens. It's okay to point it out ...
to EQUAL OPPORTUNITY point it out. Point out the pedophilia
in the Catholic church and that the Catholic laity are working
to smack the bishops and rome in the head .. point out the
massive calls in Islam to genocide due to the cartoons ....

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
well they have found something else to shout about after those cartoons.

they don't want valentines day because in those nations its custom to enranged mariage , and this is something which is just the other way . boys and girls can look around and pick one for them selfs. they see it that it leads to sex before marriage. ect.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

1 - no you don't know

yes i do, you obviously do not.

2 - I don't have a 'version' ... the truth of what 'houris' is
is found in the Quran

you had a version which translated words that were not even there...lol. Believe me, you are wrong. It is "companions" and they are there for both men AND women.

3 - you have already been told, although you don't want to believe
it because it doesn't fit into your sugarcoated version of Islam.

its not that i dont want to believe it, its because you are wrong. Plain and simple. No-where in that verse, does it say what you claimed.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
No matter what your stand is in this matter...the difference between us and them is that we're debating this in a non-violent manner.

No one has called for anyone's computer to be smashed up

No one has advocated violence

Anger and prejudice is part of human nature but expressing ourselves is a right. (At least in this country) Someone up above was accusing someone else of being "bigoted. I'd respond by saying that WE ARE ALL BIGOTED in one way or another.

I'll cast the first stone because I have NEVER let my own personal prejudices lead me to be violent against someone else. The extremist Muslims don't "express" themselves, they try to force their values on others through violence. That's why I feel I can pass judgment on them.

I have to agree...I would say that the death and destruction from the "freedom fighters" in Iraq outweigh the issue of US forces there. It is these "freedom fighters" that are killing all the innocent people and bombing the hell of everyone.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by hotsheets]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

its not that i dont want to believe it, its because you are wrong. Plain and simple. No-where in that verse, does it say what you claimed.

Ok, you have been defending Islam for hours, awsoem...more power to you...if thats what you believ...rock on... but YOU ARE WRONG ! Islams is not and never was a Peacefull religion, and YOU above anyone else should know that.

How come I havent seen any post from you addressing the behading of hostages ? You should be outraged AT THAT... why would a Peacfull religion support beheadings ?

And also, what on Earth makes you think that Muslems can't destroy whatver they want, based on the simple fact that they don't agree with it ?

How would you like if British ppl destroyed Mosques becasue they don't agree with them ?

How would you like if the British Goverment passed a lwa as where No Muslem woman is allowed to use veils outside of their homes, That all faces must be uncovered, Allah or no Allah ?? huh ?

Where is your outrage at the torture women go throw in Muslem nations?

where is your outrage about the fact that if a man commicts adultery he gets sand poored over his head, if its a woman she gets stoned to death ?

Get a grip and get Outraged about TRUE PROBLEMS ! So ppl are making jokes...big deal, they put themselves in a mocakble place, when they ome out like raging nuts about anything and everything ! and by THEY... i mean THE MUSLEMS THAT WERE THERE AND THOSE LIKE YOU WHO PROTECT THME AND FIND EXCUSES ,a dn also THOSE WHO STAY SILENT !

Silence = Agreement ...

and dont even bother replying, I've said what i had to say about this subject ...Go and keep finding dumb excuses to defend criminals...Have fun, hope it doesnt literally "blow-up" in your face.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I just read about this archaic law in Malaysia that states that you have to be convert to Muslim if you marry a Muslim in that country.
This was in the Asia Pacific Post this week.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
What's archaic about that? Please do explain.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Does Malaysia not have civil marrage?

Israel only has religious marriages. A Jew can only marry a Jew, a Muslim only a Muslim a Christian only a Christian etc. Israelis have to travel abroad to have civil marriages and these marriages are legally binding in Israel (but they are e.g not recognized by the rabbinate).

Is it similar in Malaysia?

[edit on 13-2-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It applies only to muslims. Christians are free to marry Hindus, Buddhists are free to marry Christians, etc. etc -- all civil marriages. But muslims can only marry muslims. Personally I've never seen it to be a problem, as evidenced by all the mixed marriages in the country -- like they say love conquers all.

I'm not sure about marriages abroad not being recognized by the Muslim Council -- I think it is recognized as long as it's muslim on muslim.. my parents were married in the States.

Anyway if a non-muslim wants to marry a muslim, they learn about Islam, they convert, they get married, and whether or not they practice the religion is an altogether entirely different issue. Love will find a way

They are lots of laws here that applies only to muslims, such as marital laws and family laws. Others are like prohibition of alcohol and gambling or eating in public during the fasting month. But like I said it only applies to muslims. Non-muslims are free to indulge.

Anyway back on topic -- what purpose does torching card shops accomplish?

[Edit - to add notes on civil marriages]

[edit on 13-2-2006 by Beachcoma]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Quoted by BaastetNoir
well, my lies came from watching the Iranian Pres's speach... as where we very clearly stated they are going for nuclear weapons

BaastetNoir we saw the same speach, i put in question the honesty of the iranian president but that does not mean i add words .
There is actuly a whole section here on ats about disinforation.
Interpreting words is another thing and saying something clear is something else that profes how fair play you are about all this.
A lie is a lie.
If it were to be like you it would be all over the news they would play it over and over.
If you know there was a declaration like that made by the president of iran then you must remember it clear so post it here, how did it sound exactly.
I want the exact statement made.
If you fail to show it then i must take in cosideration and the whole forum must see that this is what disinformation is.
A writer on ATS makes such statements we must see it all, after all you got the rank of a writer.
Well let's hear it.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
BaastetNoir we saw the same speach, i put in question the honesty of the iranian president but that does not mean i add words .
[edit on 13-2-2006 by pepsi78]

Call it what you want... either way is fine with me. When dogs growl i don't pet them...same goes with Presidents.

as to the writter status... thanx for telling me ..i hadn't noticed it at all.
... that was for a poem I wrote. nothing to do with "Politications"

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

Ok, you have been defending Islam for hours, awsoem...more power to you...if thats what you believ...rock on... but YOU ARE WRONG ! Islams is not and never was a Peacefull religion, and YOU above anyone else should know that.

it is a peaceful religion, maybe you should read the quran yourself one day and tell me where it says to kill people APART from in wars, and even then, ONLY when we are being oppressed. We are never able to be aggressors.

How come I havent seen any post from you addressing the behading of hostages ? You should be outraged AT THAT... why would a Peacfull religion support beheadings ?

Who the hell are you to claim to know what i do in my private time?
Just because i dont feel like wasting my time protesting here on ats about morons who blow up people, doesnt mean i dont do it elsewhere.
Where do you get off in assuming that THIS is the only place i voice my opinion?
No, i dont post on here alot and certainly not on the war stuff because of the simple reason that i found that even when a muslim DOES protest this stuff on here, it is either ignored by those same people who cry out...."where are the moderate voices?", or it is met with "well thats all well and good, but why arent there MORE"

So whats the point? The only reason i'm posting on this is because i get fed up with people like you and flyersfan among others who are apparently so obsessed with islam, but not obssesed enough to actually read the quran themselves.

For your information, i dont agree with the idiots who do stuff in the name of islam, they make me as mad as you guys do, more in fact, because they are the true ones defiling my religion.

But for you to act like i agree with it just because i'm not on here condemning it all??...i've written to more newspapers than i care to count, to more heads of state, to more ISLAMIC websites, than i care to remember, putting my views across. I have set up a forum, a blog, a website, all promoting the TRUE islam.
I am currently in the running to becoming the president of the UK chapter of the Free Muslim Coalition of America (having said that, i probably wont get it now, but i am currently in with a chance), i am a member of Amnesty International and my last Urgent Action request was to write and try to stop a christian from being executed in pakistan on charges of blasphemy.

Now you can see why it angers me so much when muslims DO come on here and protest the violence, only to be met with....but its not enough.

Maybe this will make you realise, that maybe, just maybe, muslims on here, do things in their private time too.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join